USARK & Reptile Nation Save 5 of 9 species from FWS Constrictor Rule! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #91
Lair of Dragons
The reason you dont see it on every Retile Forum is that there are so many Herpers that think they are not affected by the Ban....they dont have those species listeded..yet....and till what they own, breed and sell hit a list they wont chime in, come to aid by donations and letters because they really don't even care until it happens to them.
You are right...it should be on every single page of every single reptile forum that exsist and if every reptile was on a list it would be.
Travis
Lair of Dragons

Old 01-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #92
AbsoluteApril
I'm not sure if I understand it all exactly but it's more about how these bans are helping prove the need to raise money to fund the everglades research and what's really behind it are the special interest groups like the sugar industry. I hate speaking about it because I feel I don't know enough...
So please Tommy, Rick, can you guys explain a little better in layman's terms?

(image was taken from USARK's facebook page)

Old 01-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #93
Metachrosis
Yet Fauna insist on flying one in a header banner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
It is FAR TOO LATE for all of the petitions I see floating around! We need to raise over $150K just to get started... Are you ready for a real fight?"

Old 01-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #94
Metachrosis
What is it that hasnt already been explained?
This ban as a starting point that USARK since day one has failed to bring focus to.
Aint cause someones "fluffy" got snatched off of a pool deck.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun...a-everglades25

http://washingtonindependent.com/108...hanol-research

http://rightwingnews.com/mt331/2008/...ar_and_the.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
So please Tommy, Rick, can you guys explain a little better in layman's terms

Old 01-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #95
crotalusadamanteus
I'll give you my understanding, as best I can. But this is a monster of a web they have spun, so not that easy to understand.

Sugar companies are directly responsible for much of the destruction of the everglade, through over development, some 6 million acres are used for sugar plantations, and they are polluting the waters with their phosphorous fertilizers. Almost all of the destruction that Florida has spent billions on attempting to fix, is a direct result of fertilizer run off. Yet they can do nothing about it, because the sugar companies have also bought the federal government, and contribute way too much in tax revenue, and political contributions for the feds to intervene. (I should say sugar company, as in singular, as in Flo-Sun inc.) They simply have way too much political influence. Something Clinton had a chance to stop in 1993, but political contributions kept him quiet, while VP Gore was suggesting the opposite. Meanwhile, over the next 10 years, the price of sugar in the US, right where it was mostly grown, doubled that of the global market. DOUBLED!

Florida wants the sugar companies gone, but cannot accomplish that with the company having so much political sway. You get the money coming from PETA and HSUS involved in the form of contributions, and now buying the sugar company out, since they are in a weakened state due to the shortage of the same phosphorous that's polluting the waters, is the easiest way to do it, securing 187000 acres of land for expansion. 1.75 billion spent to do so.

But, HSUS and PETA do not just GIVE their money away, they want favors in return. Enter the Python ban. Now they have to come up with ways to ban the pythons, in order to secure those large donations to accomplish their ultimate goal of everglades restoration. What better way, then to blame the people, even though they know full well the entire thing is blown way out of proportion, that the problem isn't near as bad as they've made it to be, and knowing full well the Burm population is the direct result of a natural disaster, and not from the people who will suffer directly from the passing of this law.

Yes, I know, I'm a conspiracy theorist. I always have been. That's because the Government has been conspiring the ruin this country in the form of allowing big business to dictate what they do for over half a century. I trust nothing they do, because it only suites their own best interests. They can care less about "the people" and care only about the almighty dollar.

Proof you ask? Look at the amount of American industries that have been shut down over the last half century, so that more imported industry can enter the US, feeding another countries economy, instead of our own. Even American made vehicles are filled with parts that USED to be made right here, by Americans that needed those jobs, but are now imported from Mexico and China, killing industry that was already established here in the US. Same goes with other American companies. NOTHING is made here anymore. It's ALL made over seas or in Mexico. Companies that were born right here, and employed American people, are now stationed in, or bought outright, by foreign countries, and our government are the ones that pushed it in that direction.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #96
AbsoluteApril
thank you Rick!

Old 01-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #97
gsrept
Bottom line is it does not matter if you have a dog, cat, horse, reptile or snail they are coming for them all. It has been their goal to see that NO ONE can own or have pets. Only way is to fight back and to do that takes a whole bunch of cash. So start opening your pockets guys and wether its a penny or hundreds donate something.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #98
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
Yet Fauna insist on flying one in a header banner
No, I don't INSIST at running that banner at all. I just think it beats doing nothing at all. Do I think it might accomplish something? Maybe. Do I think doing nothing will accomplish something? Doubtful....

Old 01-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #99
Lair of Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
No, I don't INSIST at running that banner at all. I just think it beats doing nothing at all. Do I think it might accomplish something? Maybe. Do I think doing nothing will accomplish something? Doubtful....
Agreed
Travis
Lair of Dragons

Old 01-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #100
Metachrosis
When the USARK Godhead specifically stated said actions are a waste of time ?

is all I'm saying . . . .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!