More legislation in PA - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #41
edf01
yeah, it would be close to 1 k for me- which I think is a silly way to make money. I am glad its not facing a ban- but its almost just as bad. Basically, they will make it impossible to afford a breeding collection of snakes all because they don't see the truth.

whats the deadline for calling/letter writing? Is there a hall meetimng we can show up to to voice our opinions?

Old 04-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #42
edf01
Ok- now I am getting this alert from PIJAC:

http://capwiz.com/pijac/issues/alert...45926&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]

Old 04-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #43
Lair of Dragons
Ok, after reading what PIJAC sent to you it seems they are only going after the non-indigenous that are required to have a permit to own....you do not need a permit to own a reptiles in PA.
Last year I applied for a permit to own a monkey and was denied because I was not grandfathered in before they past the law to have a permit to own exotics. But if I had a USDA permit I could qualify for the permit. They may be trying to stop issuing of a permit to own weather you have proper docs or not.
I re-applied today for my propagation permit and nothing was said about it and they know I breed and sell reptiles.

Someone need to post a conversation with Fish and Wildlife asking them about the law.....I will call them back tomorrow and see if I can pry any info out of them....see what they know.
Travis
Lair of Dragons

Old 04-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #44
bsharrah
Please keep in mind 1398 intends to amend the law pertaining to animals under the jurisdiction of PA Game Commission. Reptiles fall under a separate law which falls under the jurisdiction of PA Fish and Boat Commission. There is no Fish and Wildlife in PA - just want to avoid confusion. Fish and Boat would be the agency to contact, but you may also get some clarification from Dept. of Agriculture, which deals with the licenses/permits for reptile breeding and selling.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #45
edf01
I am not sure exactly what they mean-
Quote:
The bill does not define nonindigenous animals, which technically means all animals not native to Pennsylvania.
I kinda take that as they can include animals not native to the state of Pa-with my snakes arent from the us.

Just posting b/c ow Pijac says something- but i have yet to hear from Usark.

So, who really knows.

but if you do have time to find out- i'd appreciate it. I can try too- just busy today.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #46
Lair of Dragons
OK just got off the phone with the liaison from the Fish Dept of PA....House Bill 2233 is in its first step....she explained to me a bill has to go through 7steps to pass into law....it has been sitting in step one for a while and could stay there forever....the wording is to vague to proceed to step 2....chances of going to step 2 is slim to none from what she was telling me.
Now HB1398 is heading for Step 4 and it is from the Game Comm. she gave me the contact number for the liaison for the Game Comm and I have left a message for him to call me....as soon as I hear more I will let all know.
Travis
Lair of Dragons

Old 04-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #47
Lair of Dragons
Ok just got of the phone with the liaison from the game Comm. HB1398 is set up to tighten regulations on wild mammals only....has nothing to do with reptiles or bird except bird of prey are included. He told me that when this bill went to first step the met with "Pet Smart" to assure them it had nothing to do with anything they offer for sale....his exact words"Tighten Regulations already in place on wild mammals"
Travis
Lair of Dragons

Old 04-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #48
edf01
Travis,

thankyou very much for taking the time to call. i'd be in bed by now if it wasnt for insomnia- i really apreciate it.

i'll just have to wait and se what the future of this bills are- its not that id ont believe you- i just dont trust these bills.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #49
Lair of Dragons
No big deal...I was off work yesterday and needed something to do for the first four hours of my day....I did save the contact number for both liaisons and they were very polite and full of knowledge and more than willing to answer any all the questions I asked.
Travis
Lair of Dragons

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!