Constrictor Rule Comment Open - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:31 PM   #12
Dbz4246
Yea but you can tell the author is pro ban, so I'm not sure how true the "facts" are.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #13
Snake-Queen
Well, if it is true, then expect only ball pythons at reptile expos.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:29 PM   #14
leisgem
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Maybe this time USARK will push for an injunction to this ruling, especially with the lawsuit pending on the original burmese python ruling.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:42 PM   #15
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Well, if it is true, then expect only ball pythons at reptile expos.
Dumerils and rainbow boas are not on the list. Neither are ATB's, ETB's, GTP's, Savu Pythons, Olive and Papuan pythons... Yet...

Old 03-05-2015, 11:38 PM   #16
Snake-Queen
Are you aware how long it takes to produce dumerils? I do … 9 months. However, if this does come to fruition, my dum babies will go up in price.

Also, BCIs have been reclassified as boa imperator, which may be a way around the "law".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-06-2015, 12:05 AM   #17
freedumbdclxvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Also, BCIs have been reclassified as boa imperator, which may be a way around the "law".
I wondered about that. If listed as Python reticulatus, would reclassification as Malayopython or Broghammerus then be a work around? If they can bypass laws on a technicality, then we should be able to, as well.

also, are you on the Dumeril's page on Facebook?

Old 03-06-2015, 12:13 AM   #18
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumbdclxvi View Post
I wondered about that. If listed as Python reticulatus, would reclassification as Malayopython or Broghammerus then be a work around? If they can bypass laws on a technicality, then we should be able to, as well.

also, are you on the Dumeril's page on Facebook?
I am not sure about that. I know that the Boa Imperators were reclassified due to enough genetic diversity to be considered a separate species.

I am on Dumeril's Boas Lovers.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:25 AM   #19
freedumbdclxvi
Probably wouldn't work since they can pick and choose when a technicality can work.

cool. So am i. Your name looked familiar, and i couldn't place why it did both here and there until i happened to go directly from the different feeders post on there to this one here.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:32 AM   #20
Snake-Queen
lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!