ReptiCon Show in S.C. was burglarized last night!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 07-27-2004, 08:31 PM   #21
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Not at a reptile show~
But two years ago I was forced to live in a hotel room for almost 3 months (Long story why)

There were 5 people, a cat and a bunch of snakes LIVING in that room for 3 months~ (Was horrible~ still can't beleive we did that)

And they rented the room out to somoen else one night

Some drunk WITH A KEY broke into our room at 1:00am and insisted it was his room!

It was a nightmare. Kids and a cat screaming~ I beleive I was screaming~ searching for clothing~ naked husband demanding explanation...........

I called the cops~ and moved hotels.

You never know who they are going to give your key to.

Old 08-04-2004, 04:05 AM   #22
willykink
update?

not sure who else saw this or who already knows but i read a news blurb from ks saying that they caught the thieves that burglarized the sc show recently for anyone interested

Old 08-04-2004, 04:19 PM   #23
zebeck
http://www.turtleforum.com/forum/upl...opic=21681&hl=

http://www.turtleforum.com/forum/upl...opic=21681&hl=

Follow up article - Thieves Take $40K in Cold-Blooded Animals.

The State

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Authorities have recovered snakes, turtles and tortoises thought to be among thousands of dollars worth of creatures stolen last month from the Lowcountry Reptile and Amphibian Expo.

Fifty-eight animals were found Monday night after Charleston County deputies received a tip they could be found in cloth bags along a frontage road off Interstate 26.

Three of the 32 turtles and 12 of the 26 snakes were dead, Charleston County sheriff's Capt. Dana Valentine said. The others were taken to a veterinarian for treatment.

"These little guys are very lucky to be in the condition they're in," said sheriff's Sgt. Harold Phillips, who describes himself as a reptile enthusiast.

The theft occurred July 24 or 25.

Authorities have arrested four people in connection with the theft and the investigation is continuing.

Old 08-04-2004, 05:04 PM   #24
GinoInDaBronx
mugshots

I see that neil's site has mugshots for lawson and those other two jokers. Does anyone know where we can find photos and arrest reports for these four people?

Old 08-05-2004, 12:15 AM   #25
Neil Gubitz
Gino.... "ReptileShowCrooks.com" is NOT my site.... it belongs to Tony Cueto.... but, if you go there, and CLICK ON THE PICTURE of each individual, you will see their arrest records....

Neil

Old 08-06-2004, 10:35 PM   #26
GinoInDaBronx
thanks

Thanks Neil. I do love the site. Tony must be a good guy. That site, in conjunction with the BOI will really helpbin dealing with losers like lawson and the rest.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:05 PM   #27
DragonCharm
If convicted these folks should be shot.........in the town square.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:08 PM   #28
Dan Lubinsky
In the 90s I sold animals at Expo Orlando (now Daytona) and lost snakes 2 years in a row. The 3rd year I saw some familiar faces at our booth and followed them. At Tom Crutchfield's table the oldest of the three males, about 20 y/o distracted Tom's wife while the other two with backpacks did a shell game. One would pick up a deli cup and pass it back, the other one would slip it in his backpack. When I told Tom, he merely told them to get the hell out - didn't even check their stuff. By the time I got security they were gone. My job prevents the dispensing of any street justice, any felony conviction is grounds for firing. Doesn't hurt to keep a camera at your table. Beware of backpacks !!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!