anyone know of Drew - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-06-2004, 12:16 AM   #1
RTBoas
anyone know of Drew

http://www.reptibid.com/cgi-bin/auct...tem=1079054611

thank eveyone,

Good day

Old 03-06-2004, 12:17 AM   #2
RTBoas
goes by Herpcorner thank again

Tony

Old 03-06-2004, 02:09 AM   #4
RTBoas
http://www.reptibid.com/cgi-bin/auct...tem=1078879608

Selling and albino that is het for DH ghost

heres the ad

Albino Colombian Red Tail Boa hetero for ghost female

Born in my facility in 2003. The father very nice Kahl albino, the mother is a beautiful salmon. 100% het for albino also hetero for ghost. I have to many projects going right now and badly need the space. The new babies are here and more to come ... so my loss is your gain and as always NO RESERVE!

PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE!!!
Thanks,
Drew

Old 03-06-2004, 10:34 AM   #5
The BoidSmith
Tony,

No, I have never dealt with Drew. But you posted he was selling, and I quote:

Quote:
Selling and albino that is het for DH ghost

heres the ad

Albino Colombian Red Tail Boa hetero for ghost female
Here is how his ad reads:

Quote:
Salmon Colombian Red Tail Boa 100% hetero for albino/hetero for ghost male
He is supposedly selling a salmon boa 100% hetero for albino (that makes him hetero for sunglow), but then he is also adding "hetero for ghost". The hetero for ghost animal has to be an hypo/salmon that carries the anerythristic gene.

He mentions in his ad that the father is a Kahl albino and the mother a salmon. In short if that is the case, it's an hetero for sunglow and nothing else.

The price is about right for a nice looking salmon, almost "too good to be true" for an hetero sunglow...

Old 03-06-2004, 10:44 AM   #6
The BoidSmith
I should have done this before replying to your post. Here are the Q&A on the item. Hopefully you will be able to draw your conclusion and make a decision based on this

Quote:
Auction Item Questions and Answers posted on item:
Item number: 1079054611
Titled: Salmon Boa 100% het. for albino/het. for ghost male

Question about this item from (buyer):
Post on: Wed Mar 03, 11:41 PM
Wasn't this female just sold about 2 weeks ago and there was no mention of it being het for ghost then? Any explanation?

Question about this item from (buyer):
Post on: Wed Mar 03, 11:42 PM
Sorry I meant this "MALE" not female. Need Coffee....

Response on this item from (seller): Herpcorner
Post on: Thu Mar 04, 05:07 AM
This is a different snake from a different mother

Question about this item from (buyer): Imchris
Post on: Thu Mar 04, 04:58 PM
Different snake different mother? Same snake in the pic. You also have this same snake on another auction as a female. It's the same snake in the pics in your auction before. Seriously, am I missing something here?? Also I'm not clear on where the anery gene is coming from. Do you mean het sunglow instead of ghost? -Chris

Question about this item from (buyer): Donel
Post on: Thu Mar 04, 09:53 PM
Hi Drew,was wondering if you had any more male DH Sunglows(If dad is Albino and mom is Salmon = DH Sunglow.If so,I have some nice boas I would be willing to trade.Thanks alot curanovic@earthlink.net

Post on: Fri Mar 05, 06:07 PM
Ok. I e-mailed Drew and he e-mailed me back and said the pic in this auction is NOT the actual animal for sale just so everyone knows. -Chris cahrens@tampabay.rr.com

Old 03-06-2004, 03:21 PM   #7
RTBoas
I wasn't going to buy this snake but wanted everyone to know that this guy is selling 5 - 10 snakes per week on reptibid.

Is drew for real? could be a honest mistake?

I know Jon Brady had a problem with him in the past, and I guess his father is the owner of the business.

He "MAYBE" selling normals as Hets as well?

Of course I have no facts to back this up but time will tell in 2 -3 years if thos het babies produce babies.

Drew has had good reviews on repibid!!!!!

I'm sorry Drew if I'm out of line here, just protecting the herpers industry.

Tony Denicola

Old 03-06-2004, 05:18 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Is drew for real? could be a honest mistake?
Of course it can. But what strikes as odd is he never answered the question he was asked.

Quote:
Post on: Fri Mar 05, 06:07 PM
Ok. I e-mailed Drew and he e-mailed me back and said the pic in this auction is NOT the actual animal for sale just so everyone knows. -Chris cahrens@tampabay.rr.com
So he posted a picture of the wrong hetero for sale?

In my opinion he han be as honest as they come, but when dealing with heterozygous animals you have to be very careful with what you are claiming them to be. If he mistakenly picked up the wrong picture, who can assure the buyer that at the end he will be getting the snake with the right genetics?

Kindly

Old 03-07-2004, 01:48 AM   #9
Flyride
Drew

I live in tampa and bought the salmon 66het albino from drew two weeks ago. I met him personally to pick the snake up. He is a mid aged guy and looks as honest as they come. In the kinda german accent he speeks with he sounds like he doesnt know to much but he hinted that the backbone is his partner that actually houses and breeds the snakes. My salmon I bought I am extremely happy with and he did come with a paper that had my snake printed in color listing the mother and father and the breeder that produced them. For instance the father was an f2 salmon from basically boas and the mother was from there facility and was a proven het breeder. I researched a ton of his animals he was selling and it all added up that he wasnt lying.
So all in all from my experience it was good.
Here is the male I purchased in the pic
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2004, 07:59 AM   #10
Greg Riso
We'll See

I won a mandarin phase Sanzinia from Drew at Reptibid last week before all of the hets he now has posted. Either he doesn't have a clue regarding boa morph genetics or there's some miscommunication going on by what he's stating. Possibly a language barrier? He's supposed to ship my animal out tomorrow for Tuesday delivery. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!