Bad Guy Donald Rollins - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:24 AM   #91
garweft
Nicole, did you happen to take any pictures of the packaging. If so I would be interested to see it.

One thing I saw on the original post is that you seemed to be very adamant about getting them shipped out quickly, even knowing that the temperatures in Ohio and New York were well below freezing. Hopefully I was reading it wrong, it just seemed that way to me. I know a lot of people will guarantee live arrival when temps are say between 40 and 90 degrees, but will not if temps are outside of that range. I don't do that, and would rather lose a sale than an animal from shipping in extreme temps, but some do.

I do feel your due a refund and hope you get it. I am lucky enough that I have never had to open up a box to find DOA's. It has to be hard to deal with.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #92
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Nicole, did you happen to take any pictures of the packaging. If so I would be interested to see it.

One thing I saw on the original post is that you seemed to be very adamant about getting them shipped out quickly, even knowing that the temperatures in Ohio and New York were well below freezing. Hopefully I was reading it wrong, it just seemed that way to me. I know a lot of people will guarantee live arrival when temps are say between 40 and 90 degrees, but will not if temps are outside of that range. I don't do that, and would rather lose a sale than an animal from shipping in extreme temps, but some do.

I do feel your due a refund and hope you get it. I am lucky enough that I have never had to open up a box to find DOA's. It has to be hard to deal with.

I agree and i know this since i live in ohio also and watch the news all the time that neither ohio or ny has seen above 35 degrees in around a month or 2 until this past week and new york is even colder than ohio.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #93
HowlinGaleDragons
Actually I was pushing him int he email to ship the day I had 45 degrees during day and was 41 at night but he kept putting me off then shipping when I told him not to on a day it was only 28 degrees outside he hasn o reguard for an animals well being hell the guy was telling me how all his snakes had mites in thier eyes which scared me a bit to where I almost backed out.

Sorry no pictures of how it was packaged

the box was 14 x 16 he put a big plastic show box in it with tons of holes, then two peices of foam on long side of box holes pocked all through that one tiny heat pack under the plastic box the heat pack was about the size of my toe and frozen solid, there had tobe over 50 holes poked in this box, and I told him ship Priority over night with fedex they will have it here by 10:30 am he ignored me did standard they didn't get here untill 4PM.

I am reporting him for a second case of fraud right now

Old 02-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #94
Wolfy-hound
Heat packs come in the size of a toe?
I hope you get a refund on your dragons.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #95
Ed Clark
Yes, you can buy small hand warmers at sporting goods stores , home depot, wal mart etc. these inexpensive hand warmers should not be used for shipping herps when an extended ship time with heat is needed, they only last a couple of hours.

You can get good heat packs that will last 40, 60 or 72 hours. it makes all the difference in the world when shipping in the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
Heat packs come in the size of a toe?

Old 02-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #96
Wolfy-hound
I've bought those before.. I just never saw them the size of a toe.. they've always been at least hand sized. (4-5 inchs square).
Just wondering. I also have a selection I've gotten of the longer hour heatpacks, and those were not that much larger in size, although I'd assume they hold more stuff in them to heat up for longer.
Sorry to go slightly off-topic.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #97
garweft
He apparently doesn't want to show up to defend himself which tells me that he knows he is wrong. His shipping methods, as you have described them, are horrible. There is information on reptile shipping all over the web. A simple google search will turn up at least a half dozen or more different websites with that information on the first results page. He really has no excuse for shipping like that other than to save money.

The majority of bad guy threads on here all stem from someone wanting to save money. Save money on animals, save money on shipping, save money on supplies. And in the end it's always the animal that suffers the most. It's sad really.

Again I hope you are able to get a refund. Either through him or your credit card reversing the charges. Maybe he'll learn that saving money on reptile shipping actually costs you more in the end.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #98
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
He apparently doesn't want to show up to defend himself which tells me that he knows he is wrong.

His IP address is probably already banned from the previous flood of scams he and others were involved in. It's not as if there's anything to be said in defense of the way they were shipped if what the OP says is true.

I hope you're able to recover your money. And hopefully this will warn others off doing business with him.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #99
HowlinGaleDragons
Sooo I get a call from donald today first words are "Listen here you little who$e" big mistake I tore him such a new butt hole he wont forget he proceeded to tell me I am stupid and don't know how to ship dragons that he knows more then me (Hmmm that why they came dead? Emaciated?) I went right out and said really that why they where packed with a tiny heat pack that is a walmart brand one that lasts maybe 2 hours with 50 holes pokedi n box and shipped to me when both where EMACIATED I atually sent pictures of them to my vet she said they wouldnt have survived no matter what based on how horribly skinny they where. Soooo he tells me "Geuss what you little bitc* Im not refudning you and you cant do anything about it you can shove your credit card company up your as@ and tell your little fauna friends to go to hell"

Well I have picture proof, email proof, and a vet on my side credit card company will easily get my money back and I willnow post this bad guy information on him on all reptile/snake forums on the net.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #100
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinGaleDragons View Post
.....I was on kingsnake and found this guy Donald Rollins selling some beardies cheap.....
This should have been your first hint of trouble.

You should post whatever contact info you have of him as well like his address etc. Just in case he tries to use a different name or some other tricks.

scumbag.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!