Info Tracey Drum (Terrible customer) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
Reptiledans
Tracey Drum (Terrible customer)

Wanted to let everyone know of a con-artist located in North Carolina.
Her name is Tracey Drum of Dragonflys Things, she bought a few Leopard Geckos about three months back, then filed a suit with her credit card company and had the paypal charges reversed.. All this after I long story about her sick son and how the geckos would make him feel much better.. I gave into the sob story and sold her adult geckos at $10ea...and tossed in a few extras..

After receiving the geckos she could not believe they looked so good..sent an e-mail stating such, then reversed the charges.. I sent all the e-mails to paypal to arbitrate in addition to the tracking number..still lost.

Point being, there are just as many terrible customers out there as bad businesses.. Be careful and do your home work.

Dan
Emerald Coast Exotics

Old 06-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
hhmoore
So you showed proof of shipping, and customer emails indicating receipt AND satisfaction, and they still pulled your money?? What a

Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
Shadera
Wow. There's just no protection for sellers anymore.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptiledans View Post
After receiving the geckos she could not believe they looked so good..sent an e-mail stating such, then reversed the charges.. I sent all the e-mails to paypal to arbitrate in addition to the tracking number..still lost.
Somebody's gonna say it, might as well be me.

How about posting the emails. Preferably from the start of the sale to the end.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
Uroboros
BOI works for sellers as much as it works for buyers.

On top of that, you might want to make a post into the PayPal sucks hind teat thread, too.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
KNOBTAIL
the only way to deal with people like that

and I know it sounds crazy , but I would be pissed off enough to file suit against this woman and not only attempt to recover the monies she received back, but the attorney fee's you would have to endure..

When I purchase or sell anything on PayPal, the monies come out of a special account that always maintain a zero balance.. Its something to consider for future sales.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!