More bad publicity!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
dragonsbygemini
More bad publicity!!!

With incident like this we need to be sure that we do everything we can to fight for our rights!! Do your part everyone...This affects us all!!!
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2987053.story

Old 01-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Helenthereef
Even worse, did you see this link by the side of this article?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/commu...0173.htmlstory

It's a list (and map) of addresses of registered venomous reptile keepers in Florida. How can this not be invasion of privacy?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
Kiote_9
Helen, that map is from February of 2008. Just thought you should know.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
Helenthereef
Didn't spot that. It's still on line if you follow the link the original poster put up.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
Alex G
LOL... I'm sorry, I can't take this as seriously as I should because the part about the prizewinning goose reminds me so much of that episode of Curb your enthusiasm...

Old 01-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
Strike_Force_Reptiles
another HSUS setup

Old 01-14-2010, 02:10 AM   #7
reptileclan
I run a reptile rescue in Kissimmee, and frankly I'm glad they didn't bring it to me. They took it to the Serpentarium, which is a great place for it. I rescue pythons and very large snakes, but just don't have the setup for a large anaconda like that. Beautiful snake--makes me wonder who would release it rather than just take it to the Serpentarium or a rescue....what a shame.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:23 AM   #8
ShiffyAME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
LOL... I'm sorry, I can't take this as seriously as I should because the part about the prizewinning goose reminds me so much of that episode of Curb your enthusiasm...
lol yeah they killed it playing golf, straight WEAK! lol

but def. not funny at all about the large snake crazy how people don't research an animal before buying it as a pet

Old 01-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #9
kmarsh
What I love is the automatic jump to conclusion that it was bought and released. With all the storms and houses and businesses destroyed in hurricanes and all in florida, I just have to love that the assumption each time is that someone bought it and released it. Most will try to sell rather than release. It just doesn't make sense that every time it is just automatically decided that this was a release by a irresponsible reptile owner. Makes me so dang mad.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #10
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarsh View Post
What I love is the automatic jump to conclusion that it was bought and released.
It is not a "jump to conclusion" situation. It is official government policy. Truth and facts be damned.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!