Bad Guy Christopher Pratt (prattnc or prattnc@gmail.com) from Kansas - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #51
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira1986 View Post
What I think is fishy - is if the OP cancelled shipping so many times, why was the seller not prepared to ship immediately? the minute i sell an animal i buy all the necessary things needed to ship. it takes 5 minutes to prepare a box. you can even schedule a pick up. so why is the seller saying he cant ship the gecko the same day or the next day when the buyer asks? thats crazy!?! if hes that concerned about getting the gecko out of his care, he shouldnt be making crazy demands for all this time to prepare for shipping.
Kai - you did nothing wrong. you deserve your money back, or the gecko. and even if he sends you the gecko, i still believe your entitled to free shipping bc of the sellers run-around.
The bolded part is what I was referring to in my previous post.

The buyer is entitled to a full refund OR the gecko and anything else other than what is currently on the board has to be worked out between the two of them.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #52
Gojira1986
Ya know - I went back thru all the messages on the first post from Kai.
All I see is the seller saying it's too hot these days, maybe could ship this day - and then Kai messages to see if the seller is shipping, and the seller once again says it's soo hot. One time, it was like a difference between a couple degrees and the seller used it as an excuse not to ship. I agree with Harold - if your not going to be able to ship for weeks, why would you advertise an animal, allow someone to pay for it - even rush them into paying, then say oh it's too hot to ship for the next few weeks. You shouldn't have taken the payment then - not until the weather will allow shipping in a reasonable time frame. Also, Kai ended alot of messages very politely asking for the seller to please alert him as to when he can ship - so the excuse the seller did hear from Kai for 3 weeks - is b*s, the seller was just as difficult to work with as the buyer with setting up a ship date. Kai doesn't live where the seller lives. Why couldn't the seller email Kai over those 3 weeks when he saw days forecasted that would be suitable to ship.
Pratt - you owe Kai a FULL refund of $300.. Just bc you don't like being hassled over an animal you sold and failed to ship, doesn't mean it's ok to block calls from the buyer. Your in the wrong business if you think that shipping is always going to be when you feel like it and on your terms. It is a cooperative effort.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #53
xPantherx
Thank you all for your support through this. I'm sorry I have only had time to reply sporadically - midterm season is finally just ending.

During my contact with PayPal, they suggested that if I do not hear from him and come to a settlement, that I take it up with the FBI via their IC3.gov website for internet fraud. Christopher, I sincerely hope that we can work this out on your own accord and I do not have to do that.

I just want either my gecko or my money back. I don't understand why that is so difficult.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #54
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by prattnc View Post

I dont think either one of us handled this right so i just really need some suggestion on what to do about it from other people that dont know either one of us. I am willing to resolve this but it doesnt sound like sending the gecko is gunna be possible to i need some suggestions on how much of the 300 should be refunded.
The consensus is that YOU did not handle this right.

You have been weighted, you have been measured and you have been found to owe Kai $300.00

The only option available to you is to send Kai his $300.00

Old 10-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #55
hhmoore
Agreed. He paid in full...the only reason he asked for a refund is that - 4 months later - you still haven't shipped him the gecko. As the old saying goes: or get off the pot! Either ship him his gecko, or give him a FULL refund. You simply aren't entitled to keep any of the money, because YOU. FAILED. TO. SHIP.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #56
Ed Clark
After all the excuses offered up by this seller about shipping, not sure if anyone would be comfortable with him shipping a live animal. in fact I would not trust him to ship anything.

The fact that he has held on to that female crestie raises the question of him possibility breeding her then getting maybe 4 sets of eggs from her?

Old 10-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #57
BeardedDragonStore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Agreed. He paid in full...the only reason he asked for a refund is that - 4 months later - you still haven't shipped him the gecko. As the old saying goes: or get off the pot! Either ship him his gecko, or give him a FULL refund. You simply aren't entitled to keep any of the money, because YOU. FAILED. TO. SHIP.
WOW! (what?!) WOW! And Ed wonders why I jumped on Casey with both feet so hard so quick for non-responsiveness. With respect to this case? I'm in total agreement with everyone here:

1) Seller took the money.
2) Seller gave a ton of lame excuses why he couldn't ship.
3) Buyer attempted to upgrade shipping, set solid shipping dates.
4) Seller gave even more lame excuses.
5) Seller refuses to communicate on the BOI now.

Hmmm... Seems as if the seller is repeating his normal behavioral patterns... Deflect and Run. Fail. That's the cool thing about the BOI. It fleshes out the BS quick.

Christopher, you must have a titanium set of them things swinging hombre. Because if I were the OP, you'd have had a criminal complaint tossed at you by now... at the least.

Another one for the "it will be a cold day in satan's den before I'd buy from you" list.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #58
Tom C
Christopher Pratt has avoided this thread,made comments in previous e-mails that he didn't care If Waldon posted on this forum (he wasn't coming back anyway) and asked for opinions on a reduced refund<---.

Waldon, just file your charges and keep pressure on, this theif isn't going to send you anything.Sorry you got screwed over..

Thanks for posting this here, you have saved other people a lot of money.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #59
Lucille
http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=cagoterm...aint&csid=Cago

A BOI thread will show future potential customers how this seller has operated and they can draw their own conclusions as to whether they would want to do business with him (I would not). But I'd reopen the matter with Paypal just to see if they will waive their deadline in this case, and also file his name in as many places as I could.

Depending on how mad I was I might do this:
http://www.mass.gov/courts/courtsand...allclaims.html

Old 10-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #60
Brandon Roesler
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Agreed. As the old saying goes: or get off the pot!
Since this thread isn't going anywhere else I'm going to take a crack at my favorite Mod, Harold. I personally would have said "Fish or cut bait" here in an attempt to keep the BOI as clean as possible LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!