Bad Guy Samantha Walters / A&S Reptiles - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #151
Brandy Pecanic
Now, figure out how you are going to compensate these people Samantha! Tom's got more invested in that Female BP than you do right now. You owe him an apology YESTERDAY!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #152
Shadera
But, the snake hasn't been to a vet.

And please, can we stop saying that a temp controlled room is the wrong way to keep ball pythons? It's every bit a viable option as anything else. Several of the top breeders do it (including VPI), and I have given it some serious consideration myself after the fires that have wiped out the collections of others. Do you believe these animals have hot spots to lie on in the wild? Please, where do I sign up for this elitist, know-it-all club?

Old 07-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #153
FireStorm
I tend to agree with Shadera with regards to the room heat comment. I am also not sure how the type of rodents someone breeds is relevant to how they handle their business transactions. I think Samantha certainly could have/should have handled this one better, but I don't see how knowing she bred one type of rodent over another would have changed my opinion.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #154
Shadera
FWIW, someone also might want to look into practicing veterinary medicine without a license, and the penalties involved. It's one thing to help your buddies out, but another altogether to say publicly that your expertise is as good as any vets and you're taking clients.
AZ law, specifically Article 3:
http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/s..._2201_2296.htm
penalties:
http://www.avma.org/advocacy/state/i...d_practice.asp

There are also plenty of people out there who raise ball pythons on nothing but regular rats. Someone's just nitpicking now that they've scented blood.

Go after someone for what they've done wrong, but for goodness' sake, leave it at that. Maybe it's time to step back for a few days, relax, and look at this all from a fresh perspective. You stand to hurt yourselves as well with your latest replies. Is it worth it?

Old 07-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #155
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post

And please, can we stop saying that a temp controlled room is the wrong way to keep ball pythons? It's every bit a viable option as anything else. Several of the top breeders do it (including VPI), and I have given it some serious consideration myself after the fires that have wiped out the collections of others. Do you believe these animals have hot spots to lie on in the wild? Please, where do I sign up for this elitist, know-it-all club?

Well I haven't read this thread but I just noticed this particular post and I will say I've always controlled the temperatures in reptile rooms. Belly heat etc. has always been a secondary factor.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #156
Mooing Tricycle
I dont think keeping and breeding rodents is at ALL a requirement in keeping these animals. But, having the ability to go and purchase what you need, when you need it, IS a requirement. As long as the needs are met, nobody has to keep that kind of breeding stock on hand. Thats a bit of a stretch.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #157
Mooing Tricycle
Pretty much, asking a local petstore to carry them can do one well, I dont have ASF breeders right on top of me, but all i have to do is go to hamburg and purchase some or visit a few other shows in my surroundin area. a simple post online will usually suffice, as well. For someone who sounds overburdened enough as is, i find that terrible advice. "go get MORE animals!" i say she sounds like she needs to seriously downsize and sort out her collection.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #158
RJK890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
I tend to agree with Shadera with regards to the room heat comment. I am also not sure how the type of rodents someone breeds is relevant to how they handle their business transactions. I think Samantha certainly could have/should have handled this one better, but I don't see how knowing she bred one type of rodent over another would have changed my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENTS DEN View Post
Well I haven't read this thread but I just noticed this particular post and I will say I've always controlled the temperatures in reptile rooms. Belly heat etc. has always been a secondary factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
I dont think keeping and breeding rodents is at ALL a requirement in keeping these animals. But, having the ability to go and purchase what you need, when you need it, IS a requirement. As long as the needs are met, nobody has to keep that kind of breeding stock on hand. Thats a bit of a stretch.
Careful,
Y'all are dangerously close to making someones "DNBFOST list."

This thread has exhausted it's usefulness, but apparently not fully served it's intended purpose.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #159
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890 View Post
Careful,
Y'all are dangerously close to making someones "DNBFOST list."

This thread has exhausted it's usefulness, but apparently not fully served it's intended purpose.

Really?

You just made my do not sell to list.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #160
A&S Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENTS DEN View Post
Really?

You just made my do not sell to list.
He meant Tom Pecanics list. He has been black listing everybody who disagrees with him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!