Good Guy Cold Blooded Cafe - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:51 PM   #1
bcr229
Cold Blooded Cafe

I placed an order with Cold Blooded Cafe over the weekend because my local mouse & rat suppliers have been running a bit short since one of the larger vendors in the area folded last year, and they're having a special sale on jumbo rats.

The order shipped on Monday, arrived today with everything still frozen solid and well-packaged, and the feeders looked clean.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:08 PM   #2
chrisis697
How were the sizes compared to bigger commercial rodent breeders? Ex rodent pro & mice direct? Thanks
Chris

Old 05-23-2019, 09:38 AM   #3
DLenaRuth999s
This is good to know. I’ve reached the bottom of my freezer. I, too, would like to know about the sizing?

Old 05-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #4
dougbasham
I've ordered from Cold Blooded Cafe and Perfect Prey. I didn't notice a size difference in the feeders. All were nice, plump and frozen solid when they arrived. I really like their service and the shipping is quick. My last 6 or 7 orders have been with them. And I am ordering everything from small pinky mice to weaned rats.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:16 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
I've also ordered from Cold Blooded a few times, especially with medium rats being tough to fine regularly. Been happy with the feeders they send. Even had an order delayed almost a week and everything showed up still frozen.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:04 PM   #6
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisis697 View Post
How were the sizes compared to bigger commercial rodent breeders? Ex rodent pro & mice direct? Thanks
Chris
I purchased small rats, medium rats, and their jumbo rats currently on sale.

I'm thawing 5 small rats and 3 jumbo rats for tonight's feeding. The smalls are all 65-80 grams so they were on the higher side of their advertised weight of 40-84 grams. The jumbos ranged from 300-350 grams, so they were well within their advertised weight of 275-375 grams.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:44 PM   #7
chrisis697
Thumbs up

Thanks melinda

Old 05-28-2019, 12:09 PM   #8
reptek
Thanks for the positive reviews and support guys! It makes me happy to see that people are pleased with the sizing I have worked hard to make sure they are more in the middle of the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I purchased small rats, medium rats, and their jumbo rats currently on sale.

I'm thawing 5 small rats and 3 jumbo rats for tonight's feeding. The smalls are all 65-80 grams so they were on the higher side of their advertised weight of 40-84 grams. The jumbos ranged from 300-350 grams, so they were well within their advertised weight of 275-375 grams.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:32 PM   #9
Skinker
I had my first order with Cold Blooded Cafe in April and am about to make a second. Rodents were every bit as clean and well packed as I've come to expect from my regular suppliers. I've noticed recently from some of these other suppliers that size ranges have started to meld together a bit too often. If I order 3 consecutive sized rodents, which I frequently do, two of those sizes are likely to be indistinguishable to the naked eye. This might not sound like a big deal but when it's a common occurrence it can really throw off my numbers and planning, forcing me to reorder ahead of schedule because I'm constantly doubling down on some critters' offerings. When I ordered from Cold Blooded Cafe I didn't run into this problem and could easily see the difference. When I have to keep checking the labels on packages to know what I've pulled out of the freezer, I start shopping around. I truly appreciate the effort you make, Forrest, to try and pull feeders from the middle of their ranges. It makes my feeding days a whole lot simpler.

Old 06-01-2019, 08:12 AM   #10
mingdurga
frozen feeders?

Been ordering from Layne Labs past 8 years and very happy with the service. Used to order from 2 different vendors but not happy with sizing/packing.
Shipping from layne not cheap, but their quality is excellent. Cold Blooded is new to me.
My only problem is getting live rodents, especially small rats, rat pinks /pups. Tried one vender from upstate that delivers to nyc. but rodents filthy and smelled bad.
Most of my animals wouldn't touch their product. Since Petland Discounts folded my live options are gone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!