Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
BreedersCircle
Really Mike? I popped out of No where? Having Opened a pet shop in 2004 and the second one 2005? Both successfull for the years we were in business, Way before you purchased AMIR'S "Snakes at Sunset". I provide reptiles to over 15 pet shops and have good standing with almost every wholeseller down here. The other ones are some that I have yet to do business with. All it took is for me to come in your pet shop one time to see the care of the reptiles and to top it off you were a complete d*ck. It is not just me, but MANY reptile guys down here have told me the same.

Little do you know I move 1000 beardies a month, references to back me up. So please do me a favor and do your research before you talk next time.
Also get back to the subject at hand, your store. Im not going to repeat the stories I have heard about you guys.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
ReptileAddictions
WTF? Are you kidding me? I hope your not suggesting that I would spray an animal with Provent a mite? I WOULD treat the enclosure with it hours if not a day before putting the snake in it. That along with a bath and a good rub down. Maybe an hour of your precious time with a q-tip and that snake wouldnt have a single mite to see on it. AND I WOULDNT have it anywhere out in the middle of my store. And I WOULDNT have it for sale "as is". SHAME ON YOU!

You "JUST" got it in yet there are old sheds in its cage? Ya Right!

Old 03-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #13
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileAddictions View Post
You "JUST" got it in yet there are old sheds in its cage? Ya Right!

That was my question about the explanation too!

Old 03-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #14
ReptileAddictions
Certainly all pet stores have different standards, that is up to the owner to set. People need to set better standards.

My standards? I only buy snakes that are guaranteed CBB from reputable breeders I know and trust. No one I know would send me a wc condro. Also, I am not cheap. I get what I pay for and I will pay the extra for nice animals.

All my snakes come with complete records. Breeder, parents, hatch date, feeds, sheds, bowel movements. Those records continue here in store and are passed on to the buyer.

I only buy after 5 feeds. And I only sell after at minimum one feed in store, so at least 1 week!

I have over 300 snakes in store. NO EXCUSES for bad husbandry. Hire more people if you have to. Or know when to cut back on the snake count if you cant.

This is the daily chore list for my employees in order of when it needs to be done. No one goes home until it is complete. And I check every line when it is complete after they check it off and initial it, if it is not done to my satisfactory I do it myself. EVERY DAY!

EVERYTHING gets cleaned and feed here daily. EVEN THE RODENTS AND BUGS!

Turn on snake room light.

Spray everyone not on misters- including snakes.(Everyone who doesn’t have sand)

Feed Salads= Tortoises, Uromastyxs, Dragons, Rankins, Water Dragons, Rhino Iguanas, Frilled Dragons, Butterfly Agamas, Sheild Tail Agamas

Feed Bugs Everyone except tags with 0 on them. Including box turtles and frogs.

Feed Monitors, Blue Tongues, and Tegus Superworms/Boiled Eggs/ Ground Turkey/ Rodents/ Scrambled Eggs (daily rotation). Don’t forget the guy up front.

Clean out all snake cages of fecies and urinates and sheds (DOCUMENT)

Wash all snake room waterbowls.

Wash all main floor lizard waterbowls.

Feed gecko Diet. Cresteds, Gargoyles, Dull Days, Standings, Peacocks, Williamsii, williamsii and morning geckos, Giant Madagascars.

Change ALL Rodent Bedding. Feed and water ALL Rodents.

Feed and water ALL Bugs in feeder room and out on floor feeder rack.

Windex outside of all glass cages .

Windex inside of all glass except dart frogs- use filtered water and a razor blade.

Spot clean inside of ALL cages, take out any poop you see on ground covering and wipe any leaves with water that have poop or calcium all over them.

Wipe tops of cages and lights and shelves with green bottle spray. (smells good)

Sweep, Mops with green bottle.

Clean sink, toilet, mirror, and bathroom floor. (green bottle)

Take out trash.

Check amount of worms in fridge, if the supply is low count more cups out. Should be 10 cups of 50 mealies, 10 cups of 100 mealies, 1 cup of 500 mealies, be 10 cups of 50 giant mealies, 10 cups of 100 giant mealies, 1 cup of 500 giant mealies,

Check Freezer Rodent stock- if there are things that need to be criovaced, Criovac them.

Spray everyone again.- everyone not on misters- including snakes.(Everyone who doesn’t have sand)

Turn off snake room light.

Go Home and have a great night!

Old 03-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #15
Snakesatsunset
Reptile Addictions- You do not spray the snake. Black Knight and Provent- a mite have been known to cause very adverse reactions, even death when used in chondro enclosures. Also, you can buy from the worlds most famous well known and respected breeders, dealers, hobbyists. I have gotten mites from them all.

Our store has three sections, sales floor section, a cave that nothing is for sale, and the back room. That chondro was placed in a display tree trunk in the cave, with only a burm in the same room. We spray all areas of our floor with pyrethrin so any loose crickets do not get out of store or travel around and chew on things. So any mite crawling from the tree trunk is going to walk right into a streak of prytherin on the ground that is based all around the edges and entrances to rooms. No worries there.
For your info, the snake is pretty much mite free, and will probably remain so. We have been doing this for years, and know what not to use and what to use on certain snakes. Been through it all.

We also have a routine here for maintaining and cleaning the store and its animals. We also feed the 1,000 rats, 500 mice, 20 boxes of crickets, and 6 boxes of worms that go through here TWICE a week.

There is no way we were putting that snake in any room with snakes for sale. As I said before , the original poster has lied about actual facts and distorted the truth. Stating conversations that never happened, and plain out lying.

If all the facts were put into place,you would know that a chondro was previously in the enclosure, and we took it out. You would also know that we leave snake sheds in almost all our enclosures because people like seeing them, ask questions about it, and many times realize notice their snake doesnt shed properly. We also have kids who always ask for them, shout out to their mom's that the snake shed, etc etc.

Jonathan, like I said, never heard of you, you can produce all you want, but I never heard of you and been around since the late 90;s. If I was a d$#k to you, its because you deserved it. Not because you were nice, and introduced yourself, talked, or asked questions, becuase you probably came in with an attitude, like your animals are better then anyone elses, wanted a certain amount of money for them, that was probably way to high, and I didn't want them. I never mean to be a d$%k, nor like to, but only when the times call for it.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
BreedersCircle
If anybody knows me I am far from a dick or have attitude, I always come in a good light.
Would I be a dick to a potential customer of mine? Give me a break

Not only was I walking around trying to ask you questions as you were staring deeply into your computer screen, but you did not get out of your seat or even look me in the face. All answers were short with attitute like I was bothering you. I was with my girlfriend and the first words out of her mouth when we left were "what a d*ck".
Please explain to me how I deserved it. We are not the only ones that have had the same experience.

Goes to show how just your attitude can go a long way

Old 03-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #17
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
First off, you were told that the snake just arrived and was going to be treated.
So why was it even on the floor where customers can see it. Thats horrible! an not a good word on your store. Regardless if "you just got it" or not.
Quote:
Second that is why he was alone and seperate from the rest of the for sale in the store.
Already said but mites can walk a certain distance each day. An can live for two weeks without blood. You think they wont find some animals to thrive off of else where in your store?
Quote:
Snakes come and go DAILY, we sometimes get perfect mite-free , healthy, captive snakes that are mite infested imports and were sold to us as cb great animals, but are not. We cannot help that, but to treat the animal, and fix it up.
Again, so why put unhealty or unsellable animals in plain eye of the public?
You dont have a quarantine area?
Quote:
I cannot put that animal in the back with thousands of perfecctly fine ones. That was the best choice considdering its location, and proximity to others.
So the healthy great shape animals are in the back? and the unhealthy animals are on the floor where they would be sold?
When you say "in the back" does that mean in a employee section or a for all section? May help me understand.
I can say i dont know you, but the picture is horrible. Also i Know Jonathan and dealt with him for quite some time. I know he would not say anything publicly like he did if was not the TRUTH!

Old 03-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #18
R. Eventide
I have a question, then: Do you have a quarantine room? If not, where do you usually put new arrivals? If you don't put them "in the back with thousands of perfecctly[sic] fine ones," then where do you put them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset
For your info, the snake is pretty much mite free, and will probably remain so.
Before or after that picture was taken?

Also, "pretty much mite free" means nothing. Snake mites do not reproduce sexually like normal critters. All it takes is one mite and a little bit of time, and you will have a bunch of them.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #19
ReptileAddictions
I KNOW you DO NOT spray ANY SNAKE with Provent a Mite. That was my point. IT IS however perfectly safe to take a CLEAN NEW enclosure outside a spray it. "Pretreat it" and bring it indoors once it has completely aired out. THEN put the snake in the enclosure. THAT IS ALSO AFTER you have bathed the snake and removed ALL visible mites. A film container of HOT SHOT would do you wonders too.

I would think after all your "worldly years" of experience I wouldn't have to tell you this.

"I would never put a snake in a dirty enclosure that a previous chondro was in . You removed one snake and added another?
If all the facts were put into place,you would know that a chondro was previously in the enclosure, and we took it out. You would also know that we leave snake sheds in almost all our enclosures because people like seeing them, ask questions about it, and many times realize notice their snake doesnt shed properly. We also have kids who always ask for them, shout out to their mom's that the snake shed, etc etc."

All sheds are removed here and hung on a wall for kids to take home, NEVER left in a cage to collect bacteria. You "JUST GOT IT IN" snake didnt shed twice did it? So you think he wants to sit in a tank with the previous snakes dirty shed?

What fantastic husbandry to teach children. The future to our hobby.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #20
Snakesatsunset
Wendy, your taking this out of context by alot. YOU CANNOT USE PROVENT A MITE/BLACK KNIGHT ON CHONDRO ENCLOSURES. Did not mean to refer to the actual snake itself. There have been lots of incidents of chondros croaking due to the residue, and just plain presence of it. Some people say black knight,some provent a mite, I say both. There is no problem with leaving sheds in an enclosure, hell most breeders leave them to entice more breeding. Unless it is rolled up and has urates and feces in it, then is left for the "look" of it that people enjoy.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Please look at the reputation of the original poster. Then tell me that I am doing something wrong. The snake had mites, happens all the time. We stay away from it as much as possible, but we cannot control what someone sends us. We also do not want to spread mites,so we isolate the best we can, and the tree trunk that is free standing, not near anything else but a m albino burmese (which isclaimed to be "emaciated" and really is not at all!)

Look at link below and tell me the posterhas any right to saywanything?
http://redtailboa.net/forums/help-me...ll-python.html

Also Wendy, you purchase t-shirts and animals from a wholesale division of ours. Have not in a while, but I specifically remember you saying they were the best wholesale animals you have gotten and repetetively thanked me as well as your partner/mom.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!