Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 63 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:18 AM   #621
amercnwmn
Quote:
I talked to several ppl about this and I was told by ppl who have experienced inclusions and stuff that just because there were inclusions did not mean the snake had IBD... That Inclusions could form to fight off other issues such as Pneumonia, sort of like Inclusions can form in humans that have Alzheimer's disease...
So you took the word of people who did not examine your snake personally?

You claimed it was a second vet who actually discounted the IBD results? Which is it??
I certainly can't imagine a vet who did not perform a necropsy or participate in the exam personally discounting the presence a potentially devastating disease.

Personally I think it was ONE post you read right after posting the necropsy, where a member was just trying to ease your worry, and you heard what you wanted to hear in order to justify STILL having ads up.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ptiles&page=18

Quote:
I took their word because I had not read Dr. Jacobson's info on IBD at the time...
Funny, on the other BOI thread, you claimed to have read it AND spoken with Dr, "Jameson"...
Quote:
HOWEVER, I did not add any more animals for several months after that... WHEN I did add animals, they were kept in a brand new stack of repti-racks in the front room, away from the main collection..
You "claimed" you did your "research".
Even on Anapsid.org it clearly illustrates IBD can remain dormant for LONG periods of time.

I think the point here isn't that you brought IN more animals, it's that you were LISTING THEM FOR SALE DURING THE MONTHS OF NOV 09-JAN 09 while you were accusing Deans of selling you an IBD infected snake.

Quote:
Now, no snakes have passed since my burm in May... The BCL and only pathology to show inclusions was in Nov. 2009, over a year ago...
So when did Phoenix (your male boa) die?

I know he hasn't been counted in the deaths within the past year so far:

You claimed to have had THREE DEATHS OTHER THAN THE BCI...
However according to your iHerp Account: Phoenix died at some point.

Lil Boy male BCL that showed positive for IBD
Ruby: female boa that several pics showed "gaping" that died shortly after while gravid from "pyometra"
Nagini: The burm that had a severe RI that died of liver complications
Retic: supposably starved

Quote:
I am still not going to breed my animals this year... I will not be doing any expos this year... I was told to wait a year from the last death... Which, if you go based off of the BCL, it HAS been a year...

Quote:
But since my burm died in May, even though she and no others showed inclusions, I will still wait... I also plan to do liver biopsies on several animals so that I can start "clearing" the collection in writing...
Oh well THANK GOD.
You need to get Kyle's snakes, Yvonne's snakes and anyone else you've sold to, tested FIRST.

YOU claim Yvonne had prior knowledge of the IBD, however, as deftly as you have brushed it off thus far, she may have been under the impression it was all "under control". I don't know. Yvonne has not yet made her case here. Hopefully she will soon.
I think unless there is WRITTEN proof somewhere that you told her your snake had IBD BEFORE she was committed to moving in, she may have a right to ask for HER snakes to be tested, since they were exposed, DIRECTLY to yours.

What you STILL aren't getting:
This is not going to be over with in a year come next May. This is going to be an ongoing ordeal. You can test the snakes, and they STILL can show negative. They require RETESTING NEXT year, and MORE waiting.

Quote:
Once an animal comes back negative, I plan to separate it... We also plan in the near-ish future, to build an outside snake building... Keeping the boas and pythons in separate rooms in the building... Whether it be for breeders or just for pets, we still plan to do it...
I'll admit it, if I were you I would not even ATTEMPT to breed anything. I'd be ashamed to show up at a show, or even TRY to make a name for myself in this hobby after this.

You have lied through so much and shown yourself to not give a RIP about the animals, or who you could be hurting, I can't imagine ANYONE with ANY knowledge of this ordeal who would want to still do business with you after seeing how you handled this from the get-go.

Quote:
I would NOT have sent any animals out if I saw any mites on them or suspected they may have mites...
No, you'll just sell them 2 days after getting a necropsy indicating IBD.

I'm sorry I'm being harsh here. I've had it with this same BS you've repeated over and over. You still don't GET IT.

Here's what your reply SHOULD have been:

"I'm refunding the money. You'll have it X date.
I'm testing ALL the 200+ snakes I've exposed to whatever MIGHT be in my collection, STARTING with Kyle's & Yvonne's snakes, and tracking down my buyers."
"I'm KEEPING my snakes, I'm not breeding, I'm not buying. I'm not "rescuing"
I'm not planning on doing ANYTHING untill this is ALL OVER & I HAVE 100% CLEAN snakes on EVERYTHING."

From your post, it appears you still don't grasp the severity, and you think it'll all die down after people get refunded and you do a test or two.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:19 AM   #622
amercnwmn
Oh yeah and the snakes you added RIGHT AFTER the Burm died:
The Jamp in May 11th you posted you were getting it.
May 23 it was up for sale
June 28 you posted about it's horrible mouth rot/RI.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:26 AM   #623
Elizabethlea27
Ok so this is Ashley's version of resolving things....

What responsible breeder asks YOU to pay shipping on a refund, and wants the sick snakes back, PROBABLY to resell in a back-alley? HECK NO!! Ashley you - NOT RYAN - owe me a refund pure and simple, and any good breeder would have given one to me by now, at the first sign of mites much less IBD that you never told me about in your collection!!!

Old 12-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #624
rc625
Any ads that are being found are not active ads and probably old. None of the snakes are "still trying to be sold;" please PM me for any ads you find so that they can be taken down.
In terms of refunds, Rachel has made this an easy process and has funds pending with Paypal. Elizabeth has been offered a full refund but I have been kept in the dark whether she is going to accept or reject it.
Plans are to get the snakes tested with Dr Jacobson and again next year. True lock down for the next year seems to be the only logical thing to do.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:36 AM   #625
amercnwmn
Yeah the shipping should definitely be covered by them..
Poor Ryan didn't create this issue, he's overseas in the military and pawning this problem off on him instead of telling him straight up "I screwed up, I gotta make this right". I'm sure he wouldn't LIKE it, but he'd support her. He has thus far.

As far as shipping the sick snakes, I understand your dilemma. I would also be hesitant to send any animal back into her care.

I'm at a loss, I've never dealt with this.

Hopefully one of the more experienced business owners on the site will be kind enough to PM you on their policies and how they would handle the situation?

Old 12-25-2010, 02:46 AM   #626
Elizabethlea27
Ryan - I would take a full refund this minute, if it does not involve shipping snakes to your wife. AND I would like to add that Rachel was in a different situation that made it easier for her to get a refund from you..

a) She had them in a quarantine room that the mites DID NOT spread from - in my case mites from Ashley have infected most of my boas.

b) Rachel feels comfortable that as long as she gets these possibly IBD infected snakes AWAY from her house asap, then her collection will be safe. However since mites have spread through my house, I can say NO such thing and may be facing the hard fact of having to put down all of my snakes.

The last thing is, Ryan, I do not understand why you are involved in this end of things, while you are clearly overseas working a tough job to do? Can your spouse not handle a situation where a simple refund is necessary without sobbing to you? SERIOUSLY, WHAT IS THE DEAL. Real breeders do not act like this.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:47 AM   #627
Elizabethlea27
Oh, I forgot to mention - the other thing that makes i easier for Rachel is that she is fedex certified to ship reptiles. I am not. That makes it tougher for me to ship back to you.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:49 AM   #628
rc625
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
Here's what your reply SHOULD have been:

"I'm refunding the money. You'll have it X date. True, and this has already been arranged.
I'm testing ALL the 200+ snakes I've exposed to whatever MIGHT be in my collection, STARTING with Kyle's & Yvonne's snakes, and tracking down my buyers."
"I'm KEEPING my snakes, I'm not breeding, I'm not buying. I'm not "rescuing" True, this is the game plan.
I'm not planning on doing ANYTHING untill this is ALL OVER & I HAVE 100% CLEAN snakes on EVERYTHING." True, this is the game plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethlea27 View Post
Ok so this is Ashley's version of resolving things....

What responsible breeder asks YOU to pay shipping on a refund, and wants the sick snakes back, PROBABLY to resell in a back-alley? HECK NO!! Ashley you - NOT RYAN - owe me a refund pure and simple, and any good breeder would have given one to me by now, at the first sign of mites much less IBD that you never told me about in your collection!!!
You have my emails. You can ignore them if you like, as they gave a simple and easy way to get your refund. I thought Ashley giving you less-than-satisfactory terms would make you respond to my emails but instead you would rather post on here about it.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:55 AM   #629
amercnwmn
Thanks for the reply, and I think a plan of action was what everyone was looking for.
The silence was more incriminating than anything.

Hopefully everyone can get the refunds/tests ironed out and move away from the drama and worry about the snakes involved.

And I'll ask again, cause I don't remember an answer..Do you have to be Fed Ex certified to ship snakes? Shows how much business I do with Fed Ex.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:56 AM   #630
Elizabethlea27
Uh, Ryan, I did not respond to your emails because in this situation I would rather talk to the breeder, not a third party about refunds. And after ignoring ME for about 5 days, I think you saying that I ignored you after LESS THAN 24 HOURS while I was pm'ing you wife is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

As for "quick and easy"... I cannot ship, bro. What is quick and easy about getting a refund on YOUR TERMS if they require shipment of sick snakes? AND WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT THEM BACK FOR ANYWAY?

Just give me my money back, without all this BS added to it, and quit digging yourselves into deeper holes than you realize.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd