Bad Guy Beware of Dragonfortress Edwin Sanders - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #61
Wolfy-hound
If the package was that badly damaged, then could the whole contents have been damaged(i.e. the delis come out of the package entirely?). If so, the burst stomachs and the heat pack inside a deli cup might be from the shipper putting the box back together.
FedEx ships live animals, and I don't remember having to go to a special site to ship them(unless it's changed since I last shipped). But FedEx employees on the phone have said incorrect things before, and it would not surprise me.
I still say you should not have been filing a claim on FedEx, especially not when you said it had been "12 hours".
Full refund, and the seller should be the one telling FedEx about the poor shipping and damaged box, etc. IMHO
Theresa Baker

Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #62
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriels_mom08 View Post
you have to go to a differnet website to ship live. he didn't ship them as live.
I ship reptiles through Fedex fairly regularly. It is all the same website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfortress View Post
from Savanna White <gabriels_mom08@yahoo.com>
reply-to gabriels_mom08@yahoo.com
to e s <6g72stick@gmail.com>
date Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 11:07 PM
subject Bearded Dragons sent to us.
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

hide details 11:07 PM

When we got home today the 5th dragon had passed away. It had some bruises from the shipping but I was hoping he was going to be ok. I am out 220 dollars with 5 DEAD DRAGONS and we have not been able to get ahold of you. I have sent the pics and was told you was going to call fed ex. I need this taken care of. I am VERY upset about the whole deal. I am just glad I wasn't the one who opened the box, Ryan was. I don't know how i would have responded. I expected 5 healthy bearded dragons and instead i got 4 dead and 1 that was barely moving, and he passed away also. I know that isn't your fault but I expected fed ex to be contacted and for this to be taken care of by now.

another email that I just found clutttered in the over 100 emails...

Subject: what happened jan 17th.
Date: Sun, January 18, 2009 8:22 pm
To: contact@dragonfortress.com
Priority: Normal
Options: View Full Header | View Printable Version | Download this as a file

Ryan found them dead with in 5 minutes of them being delivered at 11:34 A..M.

The outside of the package has a hole in it where it was dropped. The corners were
smached in, the interior styrofoam was broke. The interior deli cups were damaged.

The 2 large 9 inch females were in 1 deli cup and the 3 babies were in another deli
cup.

One of the large females stomcah was ripped open due to rough handling. the other
had severe brusing and was still swollen from when she passed.

the 2 babies in the other deli cup were bruised and one of them was ripped open.
there was 1 still alive. he was underneath the 2 dead ones.

the smaller of the dead babies was stiff and dried out. He had to be killed jan 16th
after he put them in the mail.

the other baby that died had it's stomach ripped open and their cup was dented at
the top

I first saw them at 11:43. Ryan and AJ had already moved them from the package and
put them back.

The one that was alive (had bruises on his body) was placed in a aquarium with a
heat light, water, and food. He later passed away.

Ryan called Fedex first at 11:45 and was on the phone for 5 minutes and 23 seconds.

I made a claim on the internet later that day. I don't remember the time.

I called fedex at 11 :10 pm last night and made the complaint over the phone. I was
on the phone for 7 minutes and 15 seconds.

I was told that fed ex does not ship live animals and it shouldn't have been
accepted.

He told me that the systems were down until 8 am and I would have to call back then
to get any more info.

From there I contaced edwin.
And wow...I don't even know where to start on the second quote. I have seen some pretty beat up packages, but never one that, unless it was compleltey destroyed, that could have caused an animal to be "ripped open"...

Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #63
SPJ
Quote:
you have to go to a differnet website to ship live. he didn't ship them as live.
No you don't.
You go to Fed Ex dot com as usual.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #64
Cat_72
Quote:
theres so many things that arent right here. I am sorry if no one likes it, but she is getting a full refund, with her shipping charges included. I thought the shipping company was going to refund her, but after fedex told me they werent, then I am responsible to. So she is getting a full refund.

I have only had one other problem with the dozens of dragons that I have sold, and I will take care of any issues. My intent was never to deceive or rip anyone off, or why would I have shipped anything out in the first place? she confirms that there was at least one live one. I would never do something like this intentionally, I personally find the outcome of what happened here disgusting, and its horrible about what happened to the little guys.

THIS IS WHY I CANNOT SHIP OUT DRAGONS RIGHT NOW FOR THEIR SAFETY AS I TOLD YOU SAVANNA. I DO NOT OFFER INDIVIDUAL PICTURES OF THE "RANDOM UNSEXED" BABY BEARDIES THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CALLED THAT. OTHERWISE, SAVANNA SEEN WHAT THE OTHER TWO OTHER DRAGONS LOOKED LIKE BEFORE SHE BOUGHT THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT RANDOM UNSEXED DRAGONS.
I think that's the best thing you can do, Edwin....there's not much more you could do.

Did you actually place the heat packs inside the deli cups?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #65
John E Dove
Quote:
theres so many things that arent right here. I am sorry if no one likes it, but she is getting a full refund, with her shipping charges included. I thought the shipping company was going to refund her, but after fedex told me they werent, then I am responsible to. So she is getting a full refund.
No bad guy here then. Well maybe a questionable buyer but.....
I do hope you know better now how to ship with heat packs in the future Mr. Sanders. If there is any question on that you can check out http://www.arbreptiles.com/shipping/index.shtml for proper methods.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #66
gabriels_mom08
i buried one b/c 4 was dead on arrival and one died later and i had no proof it was b/c of that. i will bury the rest when this is all over.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #67
Cat_72
One more quick question, Edwin...did you ever actually see pics of all of the dead dragons?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #68
gabriels_mom08
i don't thinks hes a bad guy just new and learning his lessons.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #69
shinezilla
Quote:
I am NOT going to give out my lawyers number. My lawyer will call him when he is ready. He refused to replace shipping cost he said shipping was 75 dollars which is ridiculous. i would be getting l45 dollars back which is ridiculos.
$75 for that many dragons isn't bad at all. if you think about it, it costs to pack them too. people charge $65 for just one dragon shipped.

thats my 2 cents

Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #70
dragonfortress
At this point I have had a lot of accusations thrown my way. I would like to make this perfectly clear.

I stand behind what I breed 100%. I have no problem making things right with anyone, but what happened here is simply unfair to me. I have references with people that can vouch about what I offer and how I stand behind my dragons. I do not ship anything that does not look well and that I am not confident will not make it through the trip, and adapt well to its new surroundings. I feed my dragons in the early morning before shipment day, and then ship them out that night without feeding them so that the do not have a belly full of food when they endure the shipping process.

I used two heat packs for the dragons and they were wrapped in paper towels. This is only when necessary or when may be worried. They were 40 hour heat packs. If I made a mistake during shipping, so be it. I am paying for it anyway. No one has suffered any loss here except myself. I have sold about 50 dragons this past month. I have had one other problem, and I am sure that person will be 100% ready to tell everyone that things have been/are being made right. I cannot do anything else than what I am doing. I dont expect to be treated like I was by her or her husband, but that happens I guess?

Anyone that questions what I do, or how dedicated I am to my animals can feel free to stop by at any time to check things out. I love pickup as opposed to shipping.

I only ship out 100% healthy animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bearded, dragons, edwin sanders, gabriels_mom08, savanna white