High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #211
Chameleon Company
Ritchie,
As you know, there is so much that is wrong with this picture as well. Beauchemin sounds real Cajun, but it is not a common name. Point being, it sounds more made up than real. People can do their own searches, but for something that sounds so coon-ass (you Cajuns know the term), the results are weak.

Besides the coincidences and circumstantial evidence, which is overwhelming IMO, what caught me early in this thread was the nature of the denials. In particular, the challenge to the accusers which was basically "what's your beef with Damon"? Its immaterial if you are falsely accused of being another entity. On the flip side, its the question that one asks if the person asking already knows the answer, and is trying to deflate an argument. Damon (David) already knew the answer, and that is why it was asked. Otherwise, it makes no sense in their posts. Trouble is, while it may work in court (the biggest mistake an attorney can make is to ask a question when they don't know the answer already), it is fresh meat here in the BOO. Likely already done several times over, but to anyone who was threatened in the manner that Damon was known for, put the Arizona folks on this Jung-FY keyboard black belt Damon. If he's on the up-and-up now, he can square things without all the lying and deceit.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:06 PM   #212
Chameleon Company
Spell check killed me. That would be "BOI", not BOO, and a "Kung fu" keyboard, not "Jung FY"..... proceed.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #213
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13
As to the person who mentioned the dial up internet I can confirm that David has a facility in Oakdale LA, as I have been there, and I was born in Louisiana, so I know the state, and he is definately there. As a matter of fact he was just hooking up an internet connection in that building so that he had one while he was cleaning/feeding the snakes, since the building is strictly snakes, and a sink, counter ect, and he soends so much time in there, as any good herper does with their animals. Oakdale is a small town and there arent any real big towns from the texas border to there so it is possible, also maybe Daves house is closer to the border, as he did not live in the snake facility. All I know for sure is he is definately in Louisiana, and has an established facility there, and lots and lots of snakes. The quick tour I took was at least an hour in just one of his facilities, so he definately has a good sized collection. Take care everyone, Dan M.

I think it's hogwash to claim that because he lives in a "small town" that he has to go 200 miles out of his way and into the next state for dial up access. I have several friends that live in tiny towns in the middle of no-where where you can't get any access other than extremely crappy dial up (15K baud or less) and access numbers are easily located within 30 miles or less of where they live...#'s found in slightly larger small towns. The number of access numbers may be limited in small towns compared to larger places and major cities, but they are not missing from those areas to the point of having to go to OUT OF STATE to get a number to dial in to.

Oh look... oakdale, LA is only 44 miles from a major city Alexandria, LA. Lake Charles is 59 miles away. Hell, if you want to get downright desperate, worst case scenario.... Lafayette is only 97 miles away... Baton Rouge is 140 miles away. Plenty of easy access points and probably even more access numbers in smaller towns between those larger ones and oak dale.

Adrian

Old 01-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #214
fuscusking13
Scott...

You are right and I was wrong... I thought it was the next day but it was saturday. My friend would have been down from college that week because of thanksgiving, and I really thought it was right after I came back. He looked at it and told me it was my thermostat and I should fix it, but I decided to wait and that is what caused the radiator to go, so it would have been on a saturday becuase I had my friends son and I promised to take him to the berks show and get him a snake for an early xmas present. I forgot I even had that post, if I remember correctly no one ever responded to it. SO he looked at it on wednesday, but fixed it when it actually boiled over on saturday. A great move on my part because had I fixed it wednesday, it would cost a lot less, a lot. So it was definately a saturday, because I got it done in the afternoon and during the week I would have been at work. Sorry for any confusion, I just didnt think about it to seriously, I should have looked at my email, my short term memory is absolutely awful.

Laura no need to feel bad by the way, I am my own person and take all responsibility for my actions, I came here to state my experiance and as it tends to things escalated into the usual pissing contest. No matter how much I defend them they are the only ones who can save themselves. I posted my email address earlier so any further questions feel free to email or even call my cell phone for all I care. Its 860-331-6289, but it is pre paid so please call after 9ish eastern time, or have verizon as I get that free lol, I am cheap and broke, and low on minutes till I hit walmart, but I will answer anything. I am usually up until 1ish or later, and the phone wont wake me up. If I dont respond on here, dont take it personally, email or call me. I am just sick of typing my but off. Everyone have a great weekend, Dan.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #215
Chameleon Company
Danny,
You have no need to fall on your sword for these people. They have done well by you, and that is both good and honorable. For many of us, its not about whatever matters Damon/David may need to mend with other folks. I have no dog in that hunt, and wish him no ill will here. As a volunteer here, I and others do have issues with anyone operating as an alias, especially when the real entity has issues to resolve elsewhere. Many of us, and I am sure Laura would concur, would wish nothing but the best for you. That would include knowing when and where to pick your battles. You did help keep the thread going, and the anti-Damon/David folks are appreciative

Old 01-12-2007, 08:13 AM   #216
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie Luna
Damon Posted his entire collection for sale on 5/15/2004
he supposedly sold EVERYTHING by 6/23/04

He lied.

but according to some folks who posted, he did not do any bad business. He just lied.

so now we know he still has his collection.
A collection that seems to be identical to David's

I am going to be judgmental here for quite a bit.

Dave and Tracy Barker, they own only a couple of "Sites"
And yet They both manage to always look classy and CLEAN.

Ralph Davis only owns a building or two.
And yet he always manages to LOOK CLEAN.

here we have David and Tawni who can afford SEVERAL Buildings
Can she at least afford a bath too? Maybe afford some shampoo for her matty wig....err hair.
Can she buy a mop and a broom?

Her picture looks to me like someone who is also trying to hide her identity.
Out of curiosity, where did you see pictures of HEH (David & Tawni)? I thought no one knew what they looked like which was why no one had said for sure that David and Damon are one and the same.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:20 AM   #217
FunkyRes
OK - I read this entire thread.
I'm an outside perspective having had no business or personal dealings with either.

I think it is possible they are different people. However, it seems like an extremely uncanny coincidence that HEH had never heard of this "other" person, yet the person who registered their domain name happens to be the same person who bought the property from this "other" person.

It also seems odd to me that if they make all their money selling herps, that there are not more posts about them positive or negative. Someone dealing with high end herps deals with a lot of money, and where a lot of money changes hands, the customer is either really happy or really pissed. There are too few people willing to speak up in either category.

Look at Nocturnal Tom, for example. Lots of people bought from him and are happy to say so.

Look at the recent gecko person who went to jail - I can't recall company name. Lots of people bought from her and are unhappy to say so.

Yet it seems almost no one has actually bought from High End Herps - if they did have customers, there would be more people posting here with good or bad experiences.

From an unbiased perspective - here's how to end this:

If you ARE the other guy and you are looking for a chance to go legit - the first step is coming out and stating it. Make arrangements to make good on any past bad business. I'm a Christian and as a Christian I have to believe people can change - Paul certainly did. He did not hide from who he was before he changed, he was honest about it.

If you ARE NOT the other guy, it should be really easy to prove. A scan of your ID with your name would go a long ways, but even more convincing would simply be some kind of documentation of what you were doing while this other guy was running his stuff. You don't just wake up one day and decide to become a large breeder of large snakes. You should be able to easily provide verifiable information on what you were doing 5 years ago. That would shut everyone up and put the burden on them to apologize.

As it stands right now, until one of those two things happens, I would never buy from you - and the world should be warned that there are indications that very well may be an alias and not who you say you are.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:49 AM   #218
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
Out of curiosity, where did you see pictures of HEH (David & Tawni)? I thought no one knew what they looked like which was why no one had said for sure that David and Damon are one and the same.
If we knew what David looked like, this thread would be over.

Richtie, where were these pictures posted?

Old 01-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #219
Griz
The following people all left positive remarks for High End Herps on their GGC poll. I would be curious to hear more about why they left the feedback (we already know about Fuscusking and dutchallison) and what their specific dealings were.

Art Klass, Captive Bred Herps, dragonflyreptiles, dutchallison00, fuscusking13, jwpdcp, MikesGeckos, norsmis, OBES, scotty77327, Tenor Goddess, WestExHerps.

Griz

Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #220
Ravens_Mama
Ok....I had my husband email HEH under the pretenses of wanting to purchase a albino retic ( intentions are true just NOT from him in a million years ) here are the emails abck and forth......i had him ask about the payment plan , the low income half off pricing...etc. Youll notice he is SO quick to answer some things and totally avoids other questions just like he does on the Forums.

How convenient...the payments are to be made out to tawni, sent to Tawni, why nothing in his name??? well maybe because David B ISNT even his name so it would be really hard for him to cash the money in now wouldnt it.

Fri, 5 Jan 2007 07:36:58 -0800 (PST)
David Beauchemin <david_beauchemin@highendherps.com> wrote:
Hi Dustin,

We are out of 06 albino retics but you can reserve an 07
albino and yes, you can get it on a payment plan. We have
the best and easiest to manage payment plans in the world.
The details of our payment plan are outlined on the first
page of our website but it's all really very simple. All
one need do to secure any snake is to send an initial
payment of only 50 dollars, or 10% of the cost of the
snake, whichever is more. Then one may pay as little as 50
dollars or 10% value every 90 day-period. Our only
condition is that payments may not lapse more than 90 days.

Let me know what you would like to reserve and we can go
from there.

Thanks,
David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc
http://HighEndHerps.com/
318 335-3673
-------------------------------------------------------------

Wow thanks for the fast response
can i get pics of previous babies? what kinda pricing am i looking at? i was reading some stuff you had posted about low income pricing? what is your basis for low? im located in Wa state....how do you verify?
Dustin
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dustin,

I can lock you in at 600 for an albino male from 07. That
is half off our listed prices. Once you make your first
payment I can better explain the low income price
guidelines and how the program works. It's all very easy.
But I do take folks at face value from the getgo when they
tell me they need the low income price plan. I believe that
most people are honest and I have faith in that belief and
that's enough for me.

Let me know when you want to send your payments and I will
email you the address to send them to.

Thanks,
David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc
318 335-3673
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
Sounds EXCELLENT she is gonna be SOOO friggin excited. Do you have any pics? id really love to show her atleast babies/siblings of what im gonna be paying for since ill have to throw together a lil pamplet like deal to give her for her birthday since they arent even born yet.
Dustin
---------------------------------------------------------------

he then sent a picture of a albino but it had been messed with the colors were SO bright almost neon white and yellow.

---------------------------------------------------------

Oh Wow David that is GORGEOUS...thats what the babies will look like?? when do you expect some? how far down on the waiting list would we be? just wondering cuz i know shes gonna wanna pic her baby out...shes picky lol likes to look for identifying marks and it helps her decide on their name too.
Ok so where do i send the down....do i get a receipt...never done this kinda thing.
Dustin
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dustin,

I am expecting more than half a dozen unrelated clutches in
the next month alone. They will hatch approximately 2 1/2
to 3 months after they are laid.

All you need to do to initiate a payment plan is to send a
deposit of only 60 dollars. Naturally you can send more if
you like but that is the minimum. 10% of the value of the
snake once reduced to half.

Make all payments out to my wife as she handles all the
Accounting and Receiving. Send only Postal Money Orders
please. These are sold only at post offices. Mail all
payments here to our home address at:

Tawni Beauchemin
1568 Ward Rd. Oakdale, LA 71463

Once we receive your payment we send you a Payment Received
Invoice for your own records. These invoices are sent to
you with every payment and they outline every detail of the
transaction. What you are buying, how much you have paid,
how much has accumulated, and the remaining balance due.
It's all very simple and straightforward.

If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate
to email and I will answer you very promptly.

Thanks,
David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc
318 335-3673
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi David
sounds good......so my wife should pretty much have no problem of someone else wanting the same one she wants? unless were pretty far down the waiting list.
Thanks for the fast replies.
Dustin
------------------------------------------------------------------

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart