Bad Guy FRAUD ALERT notified by paypal. Mario Contreras & Miguel Gomez - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
TimTina
Thumbs down FRAUD ALERT notified by paypal. Mario Contreras & Miguel Gomez

Just got off phone with paypal, that said the emails I received from paypal about this person and the three names he used are not from Paypal and they are fraudelant!! The emails look like they are from paypal but THEY ARE NOT! Do not click on any of the links in those emails, just call paypal.

....FYI everyone... be aware of this.

These are the three names he used: Mario Contreras, Miguel Gomez and John Denis.
Emails are: miguelgomez443@yahoo.com & lilchikoo305@gmail.com
The address he wanted to dragon shipped to is in Miami Florida.

Thank you and hopefully he doesn't do this to anyone else especially on Christmas Eve....
Tina

Old 12-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
NIGRO51
I am a bit confused. Did you attempt a transaction with this person? If so posting more info such as emails between you would be very helpful.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
TimTina
Yes, he contacted me several times wanting to buy a dragon, then asked for me to send invoice, then I got fake emails from paypal. He then said he didn't want it and then I gor another email from the second guy and looking on the paypal info. they both said John Denis on the shipping info., I suspected same guy and something fishy so I called paypal (because I didn't want to click on anything, etc.) and they told me it was fraudelant and was pfishing attempt.

(I just cut and pasted one of the emails below, but if you could see the actual one, you can sort of tell by the fonts, etc.):

"Hello Tina Noll,

You've Received New Funds in the Amount of $500.00 USD From: Miguel gomez (djohn662@yahoo.com)

You have received funds in the amount of $500.00 USD from djohn662@yahoo.com as Goods using PayPal. Next step is to send US tracking information to Service@paypal.com and your funds will be in your account transaction history as "Goods". The Funds will appear in your account within 24 hours after receiving tracking information. When tracking information is posted to PayPal you will receive a confirmation email, and you, the seller will receive your funds. Payment was sent as "Goods" Paypal is deducting 4% of $500.00 USD. Thanks for using PayPal.

Buyer: miguel gomez

(djohn662@yahoo.com)

Seller: Tina Noll

(tnoll944@yahoo.com)

Note from seller :

Sampson. Midragons proven trans leather breeder male

Shipping address - Confirmed
John denis
2380 Nw 107 st
Miami, FL 33167
United States

Shipping details :

seller hasn't provided any detail at this time.

Description: Sampson

Unit price

Qty

Amount

$500.00 USD

$500.00 USD

Shipping and handling

$00.00 USD

Insurance - not offered

----

Total

$500.00 USD

Payment

$500.00 USD

Payment sent to tnoll944@yahoo.com

Receipt Number: 4296-9998-5551-8962

Seller Instruction

This PayPal payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "Approved ". Payment will not be credited to your account until the shipment references/tracking number is replied back to the email address (service@paypal.com) for verification, to as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below is the information NEEDED before the payment is released and credited to your account.

Send tracking number to Buyer.

PayPal Email Service and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account

Once item has been shipped and the tracking number sent to us, you will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal® Team informing you that the Fund has been credited.

Issues with this transaction?

You have 45 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

Questions? Go to the Help Center at: www.paypal.com/help.Get verified– Pay with your bank and you're 100% protected against unauthorized payments sent from your PayPal account. Log in and click the Unverified link below your name.Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page.You can receive plain text emails instead of HTML emails. To change your Notifications preferences, log in to your account, go to your Profile, and click My settings.

PayPal Email ID PP843"

Old 12-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
RichsBallPythons
That email should of told you right away it was fake. And to log into paypal and see money isnt there is the main factor.

I get them all the time, and i play with them thinking they're getting a sucker but all i do is report them.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #5
Crocky
Oh wow, he just asked for an invoice from me too . I all make sure to cancel it (if I can) better yet if I get anything saying he sent money I just won't open it....does that still make my Paypal info I sent in the invoice safe?

Old 12-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #6
Crocky
Invoice has been cancelled......wow, why do folks do crap like that! Just hateful! Glad I just sent an invoice. He had not responded since I sent the invoice so I just canceled and will make sure to delete anymore corresponding emails from here on out. Thanks for the info and so glad I thought to check his name.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #7
Ed Clark
I just received a pm from this fella. seems like he is active on this site.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #8
Ed Clark
This is his fauna info.

thedragonhunter305

Name : mario contreras

Trader Rating: (0)

Old 12-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #9
RichsBallPythons
There was never an Invoice! Its all fake generated emails he copy and pastes from a real one to make you believe its real.

Paypal NEVER holds money in this manner ever. If you dont see a balance in your paypal you dont ship anything EVER. I get these peoples daily with computer repair I do. Its fun to mess with them at times, othertimes i just delete the so called money transaction email.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #10
chazzz
Wow, I wonder what else this guy is doing tonight? Possibly dressed in a red velvet suit, with a hat to match, fake white beard, breaking into houses and stealing all the presents under the Xmas tree. Of course he'll leave an invoice and a nice pleasant note with an IOU to make his victims feel all warm and fuzzy inside. LOL..

Rich is absolutely correct if you don't see a balance in your PayPal account or at least a pending balance if they send an echeck which takes up to 5 days to clear I think, don't send anything!! As well don't send anything even if you get an echeck until it clears, as they work just like checks. I'm sure most of you know that but thought I would say it anyway.

I've received a bunch of fake PayPal emails and Ebay emails asking me to pay for items I never bid on. For a while I was getting them fairly regularly. I mistakingly responded to one of the emails the first time it happened and the next morning I wasn't able to get into my email account because the password had changed. Then I tried to get into my Ebay account and that password had been changed also. I typed in my Ebay username in the search field to see if anything was going on with my account and there were about 30 listings for high end camera equipment, like $30,000.00 digital camera backs new for only $1500.00. In the listing it stated to contact the email in the ad and not to contact through ebay's message service and not to send money through ebay. Anyway I had seen these listings before and knew they were scams so I just avoided them. but when it happened to my account it was pretty unsettling to say the least. I was locked out of everything because they had changed my passwords and it took sometime to get someone on the phone at Ebay and PayPal and to correct my mac email password. Luckily no one bought any of the items listed on my account and I didn't have any money in my PayPal account that could be stolen. When talking to Ebay or PayPal I can't remember I was told all they needed was to gain access to my email and they could virtually get all my info it was that easy just from me replying to the fake email that was sent to me.
I was also told not to open any suspicious emails from Ebay or PayPal and to forward them to Ebay and PayPal's fraud department . After that event all questionable emails I received from either Ebay or paypal I would forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com, and delete it from my email account. I would always get a response from my forward and every single email I forwarded them was indeed fake with an intent to scam. I don't get them anymore but when I did they sure looked legit.
Anyway just a fair warning when receiving odd emails from PayPal or Ebay don't ever click on any links inside the email.

I don't know if this guy has similar intentions of gaining access to your account info like what happened to me, or he's just trying to get you to send him a product without paying. Regardless it's better to be safe then sorry!

This is copy and pasted from paypal

How do I report PayPal fraud or a PayPal Scam?

If you think you have experienced PayPal fraud or received a PayPal scam via email (e.g. a fake email pretending to be from PayPal), forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com, and delete it from your email account. If you came across a fake PayPal website, contact our Customer Service team.

I'm glad no one that we know of has been scammed by this guy yet and I hope it stays that way!
I hope everyone has a Happy Scam Free Holiday!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!