Questions? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
dron2124
Questions?

I have bee back and forth between a rosy boa and a corn snake and I have a few questions on corn snakes. I have read that they are not the calmest snake when being handled, as well as I have soem questions about feeding.

1, How much do corn snakes move when you are holding them?
2, I herd you have to feed smaller meals more ofter for a corn is this true? or is their a way around that? and what would be a good feeding schedule?

Old 03-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Pasodama
1 - Cornsnakes will move about, while being handled, but they, generally, are not spastic, etc. Each snake is its own individual and some may behave differently than the norm. However, with the exception of some individuals, most corns are calm and easily handled (even though they may move about).

2 - No, you do not need to feed Cornsnakes smaller meals &/or more often.
As is typical, the girth, of their meals, should be no more than 1.5 the size of the snake's widest portion of girth.
- Baby/Juvenile Corns should be fed an appropriate sized meal once every 5 to 7 days.
- Sub-adult Corns should be fed an appropriate sized meal once every 7 days.
- Adult Corns can vary depending on their metabolism. So, they should be fed an appropriate sized meal once every 7 days to, more or less, every 2 weeks (again, depending on their metabolism).
'Course, a female, who has laid eggs, should be fed a minimum of once a week until she has returned to her normal weight... with the first meal, after laying eggs, being smaller than what she is, normally, fed.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
bring-me-the-horizon
Agreed. Most corns arent spastic unless u make a sudden move. As Pasodama explained it will depend on the snakes metabolisim on how often to feed them, babys have a high metabolisim and need to eat often. But the schedual mentioned above is good.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!