Cave Dwelling Rat Snake!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #11
rollincoal420
I am really glad I found this thread. I have been looking for info like this about them. I talked to a breeder down in Fl and got some info on them, but I wanted to hear first hand from people that keep them and not just breed them. I have found 2 or 3 breeders in Fl and the seem to rang from $125 to $200.
Dont know if this is ok but here is some contact info

Exotics Reptile Jungle
(772) 468-7001
(772) 940-8914 (cell)
http://WWW.EXOTICSRUS.NET

Dan.
954-426-8268

Pasco Pete is the breeder I talked to but I lost his email and number, and I know he should have a clutch by the end of spring. If I come across his number again I'll post it. Found him on kingsnake.com classifieds in the Oldworld Ratsnake section

Old 02-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #12
flboy21283
I keep them as pets, and due to popular demand I've decided to breed them to produce NICE looking babies. the caves you see advertised on KS are so brown and ugly that they shouldn't be sold at all. Most of them are w/c from central malaysia. If you're going to buy a baby cave beauty, ask for pictures of the parents first. Cave beauties go through color changes as they grow into adults. Cameron Highlands caves are just stunning with a LOT of yellow. Southern malaysian caves are more of a white to cream, and there's variations in between from cream to grey to brown to bright orange. You just gotta find the one that you like most. Side note... don't impulse with these guys. Get good stock.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #13
rollincoal420
Sweet info. When do you expect to have some little ones? Be sure to post!! Once I get rid of my King, I'm after one

Old 02-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #14
flboy21283
Riley and Kira's babies are due for June or July, but they were basically pre ordered. The parents are on my iherp account. Look me up. flboy21283

Old 02-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
rollincoal420
Right on. They are beauties. Keep us posted

Old 02-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #16
Aes_Sidhe
Quote:
Originally Posted by flboy21283 View Post
I keep them as pets, and due to popular demand I've decided to breed them to produce NICE looking babies. the caves you see advertised on KS are so brown and ugly that they shouldn't be sold at all. Most of them are w/c from central malaysia. If you're going to buy a baby cave beauty, ask for pictures of the parents first. Cave beauties go through color changes as they grow into adults. Cameron Highlands caves are just stunning with a LOT of yellow. Southern malaysian caves are more of a white to cream, and there's variations in between from cream to grey to brown to bright orange. You just gotta find the one that you like most. Side note... don't impulse with these guys. Get good stock.
Ok so with one are Yours.. Cameron Highlands Or Southern Malaysian?? and i was 100% serious I want one.... and June/July is a perfect time for me... Keep us posted Please

Old 02-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #17
flboy21283
I will be sure to keep everyone posted. The white female is southern malaysian and the big super orange and yellow male is just an odd bright coloration of a northern Cave. Cameron highlands are cream with bright yellow stripes down their backs. Truly amasing animals. There's one or two people with them, and they are awesome critters. I'll post updates when she starts to show, it should be about 6 to 8 weeks.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #18
flboy21283
Great news!!! We picked up another female at the Tampa Repticon today. The demand for Riley's babies was too high, so I got another female to hopefully give us some eggs this year. She's a peach color, so hopefully we'll get a variety of colors between the two clutches.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #19
Twizted Paths
Ooh, please add me to the list.

Those are gorgeous!

Old 02-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #20
rollincoal420
Sweet. I'm going to be getting rid of my king to make room for one so let me know, I have family in Tampa Bay so I would probably be looking to pick one up this summer when I am down visiting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!