Patience is a virtue... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
  Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #51
Hope alls well April "no news is good news"?
Old 06-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #52
Miss Tuniwha
GIRL.. you better hope that you are just sleeping in.. cuz I told you I would check.. and here I am.. and now I have to go to work for 9 hours..

If there isn't an update.. when I get home..

Ima come whoop some rear end.. (and not in the fun way)


Hope to see some happy news when I get home!!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #53
there was no change when I went to bed last night (sorry Brandi!). No change this AM either, she passed only the one more slug. Appears to still have something in there, not sure, but she's not straining. Talked to one of my local boa friends who might be able to come over with ultrasound later this weekend.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #54
oh April, I'm so sorry.... I know what you've been going through with Cinnamon, and now this... I can't imagine how stressed you are, cause I'm stressed over this mama, and she's not even mine. PM me if you want my number just to vent or something, k?
Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #55
Wish I could help with birthing advice (give her a good strong gin?) but did think about your shining lights problem - I know turtles can't see red light, so maybe snakes can't either - if so, putting a red piece of plastic or crepe paper over your flashlight would make it easier to look in without disturbing her.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #56
Any new updates, April?
Old 07-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #57
no update, nothing's changed. Timing didn't work out for my friend to come over with this ultrasound. Since she ate last week, I'm waiting to see if her BM will help get the rest of the slugs moving out. She passed urates yesterday and will be getting another overnight soak tonight.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #58
Have you tried just putting a soaking tub into her viv, rather then a forced soak?

Sure hope it all goes well for her and you. Good luck.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #59
Hope she's ok.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #60
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Have you tried just putting a soaking tub into her viv, rather then a forced soak?
No, I have not tried that... but you know what? I think that sounds like a good idea, the less stress, the better. I will give her a tub in the cage tonight and if she doesn't soak, then I'll put her in a tub tomorrow during the day. I've been misting her 1 or 2 times a day and she seems to appreciate it (instead of trying to run from the water like she normally would).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Patience and Wisdom ciderinc Just For Laughs 1 11-20-2009 04:29 PM
Patience is getting thin... Pink Lady Exotics Ball Pythons Discussion Forum 7 03-27-2007 06:52 PM
With patience you will get there The BoidSmith General Business Discussions 3 10-14-2006 12:22 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Fauna Top Sites

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.06809711 seconds with 10 queries
Content copyrighted 2002-2018, FaunaClassifieds, LLC