is this a terrazzo? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
heatherp
Question is this a terrazzo?

Hi everyone, so heres my problem, i traded my woma ball python for these 2 corn snakes, both female, and the guy said that one was a bloodred rootbeer, and one was a terrazzo, well, the terrazzo has a clear belly and red striped down its sides and by its head, but someone says the bloodred isnt a bloodred at all and the terrazzo might be something different as well

i would like some help if at all possible. thanks

if i was able to i would add more photos, but i dont know how to add more then 4
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Psychotic Serpents
Looks like a nomal and a nomal stripe to me not terrazzo at all

Old 01-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
reptilebaby
Yep, looks like you got taken for a ride. That one is definitely a normal

Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
heatherp
okay so bad news all around, but hey its okay, they are both beautiful snakes, the brownish grey one is nice, overall im not in it for the money when it comes to corn snakes, thanks for helping out

Old 01-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
D. Mong
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherp View Post
okay so bad news all around, but hey its okay, they are both beautiful snakes, the brownish grey one is nice, overall im not in it for the money when it comes to corn snakes, thanks for helping out
Hi Heather,....

Gosh, who the heck was this guy that traded you those snakes?, I think everyone in the entire hobby would benefit from staying away from this guy in the future. You can PM me this info if you would rather....thanks!

It is just fine if you are happy with the snakes, but the guy was so far off on what they were it is just ridiculous. He's either the most ignorant breeder/seller in the hobby (but of course there are plenty..LOL!), or he is one of the most deceitful guys in the hobby (again, there are plenty), or a combination of both. (probably the latter).

cheers, ~Doug

~Doug

Old 01-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
heatherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Mong View Post
Hi Heather,....

Gosh, who the heck was this guy that traded you those snakes?, I think everyone in the entire hobby would benefit from staying away from this guy in the future. You can PM me this info if you would rather....thanks!

It is just fine if you are happy with the snakes, but the guy was so far off on what they were it is just ridiculous. He's either the most ignorant breeder/seller in the hobby (but of course there are plenty..LOL!), or he is one of the most deceitful guys in the hobby (again, there are plenty), or a combination of both. (probably the latter).

cheers, ~Doug

~Doug
the only info i have is that hes 17, he lives in california, and i have his number but would rather not post such information, hes dealing with another breeder in long beach area, named brian. and something about gecko world or somthing.

He is trying to pass a couple geckos as giant tremors, and now he has some skinks and says they are green sided skinks. when i called him on it, he blew up, and now is saying he has a lot better reptiles then i do, if thats the case i just want to know why he was begging to trade with me so badly. anyways
i would like everyone to be safe and stay away but if anyone trying to deal with him is smart enough, they can tell to stear clear im sure.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
~Just Curious~
Thought they looked familiar...

I'm very sorry to hear that you got scammed like that. It's unfortunate, but hopefully you can contact the previous owner and set things right!

Not meaning to preach here - but I think this is a good reminder of why proper research and double checking are so important before you buy/sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Mong View Post
... the guy was so far off on what they were it is just ridiculous. He's either the most ignorant breeder/seller in the hobby (but of course there are plenty..LOL!) ...
The worst part about mislabeling is that as long as folks don't do proper research, the cycle continues.

Now I'm honestly not trying to point fingers Heather, but I believe I've seen you try to sell these animals for a week or so now on Craigslist right? (I'm assuming it's you since your unique, homemade rack/ASF ads on here match exactly what's on there) I kept seeing them reposted, you had the normal/bloodred rootbeer valued at $250 and the stripe/terrazzo at $180.
I'm guessing someone finally messaged you telling you about the mistake...?

This was yesterday's ad.

It's easy to imagine someone not taking the time to point the mistake out to you or that person simply not being around. Then it's possible that some unknowing buyer could take your ad at face value and continue the chain of lies. Intentional or not.

That's why I just think it's so important to be sure of what you have or better yet - what you're getting.
I'm glad this was cleared up before it sold like that again at least~

BTW In case anyone's wondering why I didn't point the mistake out to her when she first started, that's because I'm not familiar with corn morphs and have no intention of buying any. I only checked the ad to see the racks.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
heatherp
it has yet to be a week but yes i was going to sell them, i had no idea of what to value anything at, and now that i know what they are i do have to edit everything, thanks for reminding me. the only person that emailed me asked why everything is at retail prices, i dont know how to respond to that, everything i have listed is listed as OBRO, but the big issue now is that i need to update those.

Thanks everyone, hell, i know no one needs to believe me, however since i found out, even if someone did email me about then i would tell them they arent that.

Someone texted me not long before i posted and said the red one looks like a normal. so i posted here and found out i was indeed wrong.

im just glad someone who knew told me the information i needed before i went and made more mistakes.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #9
heatherp
[quote=normal/bloodred rootbeer valued at $250 and the stripe/terrazzo at $180.
[/QUOTE]

sorry but no i had them listed at lower prices with the higher price being trade value and the bloodred was the lower price, of course now that i know better it will be corrected

Old 01-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
~Just Curious~
*head scratch* I'm not 100% sure on the dates, but I know I saw it on the 18th at least since I discussed it with a friend then. I had sent her a link to your older ad, but it doesn't work anymore. It says you got flagged for some reason. (CL folks do that)
I can say with certainty that you're definitely right about the prices, that was my mistake and I apologize.

From the ad
"0.1 adult bloodred rootbeer corn snake, 140 or trade value 180
0.1 adult terrazzo corn snake, 200 or trade value 250"

*end nitpicking* Like I said though, I'm really just glad it was pointed out instead of accidentally being passed on again like that. I've seen it happen before with mislabeled hets and hybrids, it's always such trouble for everyone involved then.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!