What's the next best thing? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: The "Next best thing"?
Leucistic boa 10 28.57%
Scoria boa 2 5.71%
Super Roswell boa 4 11.43%
Labyrinth boa 5 14.29%
Crystal boa 2 5.71%
Sterling Patternless boa 8 22.86%
Super Key West boa 3 8.57%
Super Jungle boa 3 8.57%
Super Marron 0 0%
Azabache Boa 1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
[b]
Not anymore. The PD project is back on track. Across the big pond they just had there first litter with a healthy lucy.
You misunderstand my use of the term "dead end". I am aware that some guy in Italy powerfed the crap out of his female PD Het. in order to recreate the morph (seven live and eight slugs are not what I would call a healthy litter, but since two PDs showed up people are raving about its success and ignoring that the female, at most, was 2.5 when bred). However, a Lucy boa is always going to be just that, a Lucy boa. You cannot manipulate the color, you cannot change how the eyes look, it is just going to be a white boa.

Unlike in Ball Pythons where Lucy animals are often the Super Forms of another morph, shoving as many morphs into a PD as possible is not going to change the end result of what will ultimately result.

That aside, I believe "The Diamond" is a BCA and his offspring are BCA mutts which attributes to the "unique" look of the Hets.

Quote:
I heard the scoria boa was moving a long a little better now, guess we will have to wait and see.
Yes, there are claims of this, yet of the many in Rich's possession, very few have been sold and none of them have been placed up for sale publicly.

Quote:
Not sure what you mean here, but I would be interested to hear more.
Roswell and Keywest appears to be the same mutation, one happens to be BCC and the other is supposedly BCI. My point is that they may very well be the same mutation and they need to be bred together to see if a super will result to prove or disprove the fact.

Quote:
Still a lot of unknown about the super jungles.
Sean of Exotics by Nature bred a SJ male and produced a litter from it. Someone by the screen name of "Desert" (I believe his first name is John) has a SJ female drop a litter prematurely with only one survivor, but a survivor nevertheless.

I feel that SJs are cool to look at, but aside from being able to produce all Jungles in a litter, I do not see how them breeding is that revolutionary. It's not like the extreme instances of color and pattern craziness will definitely be passed down. Kind of the extreme color of Super Hypos is often for the simple fact they are Supers.

Quote:
Jeff Ronne seems to have atleast the labyrinth boa proven.
There have been questions raised which I understand. The primary being that Jeff Ronne, even when working on new projects, has never been shy about splattering as many photos of goo and other things as possible about the internet.

In regards to that project, a whole of five animals have been seen and nothing else from the rest of the litter which leads people to wonder just what other offspring look at and if the crazy coloration of the Labyrinth is attributable to the Monstertail lines rather than the morph itself.

It's still such a new morph it is really hard to say what will happen with it.

Quote:
Much appreciated!
No worries. =-p

Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
You misunderstand my use of the term "dead end". I am aware that some guy in Italy powerfed the crap out of his female PD Het. in order to recreate the morph (seven live and eight slugs are not what I would call a healthy litter, but since two PDs showed up people are raving about its success and ignoring that the female, at most, was 2.5 when bred). However, a Lucy boa is always going to be just that, a Lucy boa. You cannot manipulate the color, you cannot change how the eyes look, it is just going to be a white boa.

Unlike in Ball Pythons where Lucy animals are often the Super Forms of another morph, shoving as many morphs into a PD as possible is not going to change the end result of what will ultimately result.

That aside, I believe "The Diamond" is a BCA and his offspring are BCA mutts which attributes to the "unique" look of the Hets.

Quote:
Yes, there are claims of this, yet of the many in Rich's possession, very few have been sold and none of them have been placed up for sale publicly.
There is a website that talks about it a little. Seems like Brandon Nixon knows a thing or two, as we have talked on facebook about it and he mentions it in this forum here: http://www..net/boa-constrictor/27526-scoria-boa.html or here
http://superiormorphs.wordpress.com/...a-boa-mystery/

Quote:
Roswell and Keywest appears to be the same mutation, one happens to be BCC and the other is supposedly BCI. My point is that they may very well be the same mutation and they need to be bred together to see if a super will result to prove or disprove the fact.
I would love to see this pairing. I am gonna talk to Jeff about this and see what he says.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #13
ShadowAceD
Quote:

There is a website that talks about it a little. Seems like Brandon Nixon knows a thing or two, as we have talked on facebook about it and he mentions it in this forum here: http://www..net/boa-constrictor/27526-scoria-boa.html

I would love to see this pairing. I am gonna talk to Jeff about this and see what he says.
I heard from the grapevine someone is planning on doing Roswell/Keywest to see. I think for the sake of fully proving or disproving Keys, it has to be done.

I talked to someone who's been friends with Rich for about twenty or so years and I trust his input on it more than most. But I also know Rich was putting Scorias in the blood projects and I do not know if the El Salvadorian blood helped with any of the nuero issues.

That project is still deeply shrouded in mystery.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #14
mxracer4life
I am still waiting to see a solid colored boa other than white. I feel that in the next 6-12 months a lot will change in the boa world.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
ShadowAceD
Quote:
I am still waiting to see a solid colored boa other than white. I feel that in the next 6-12 months a lot will change in the boa world.
One day I want to make Ferrari Sterlings. Lol

Old 06-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #16
mxracer4life
Quote:
One day I want to make Ferrari Sterlings. Lol
Heck yeah! That makes me think, what would we get from a sterling to a super hypo het sterling? Can't wait!

What would be your top 3 boas you would breed to a sterling? Just pretend those 3 are already het for sterling.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #17
mxracer4life
Not 100% sure it hasn't been done yet, but Chris Stopford just produced a super roswell albino.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #18
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Not 100% sure it hasn't been done yet, but Chris Stopford just produced a super roswell albino.
It is the second or third instance, but I just saw it as well. What I would be interested to see is if Keywest and Roswell together produce a Super.

As for top three animals het. Sterling -- the first would be a Ferrari Hypo, then Azabache, then a Super Marron.

I see no point adding pattern mutations into it, but the Super Marron would be interesting to me because I'd be curious to see if a Super Marron Sterling would remove the pattern but keep the color.

I am a bit perplexed as to how the Sterling genes work because while the pattern vanishes, it does not appear to be covered like in a Lucy animal, it just appears gone and coloration of the scales still occurs as normal.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #19
mxracer4life
Quote:
It is the second or third instance, but I just saw it as well. What I would be interested to see is if Keywest and Roswell together produce a Super.

As for top three animals het. Sterling -- the first would be a Ferrari Hypo, then Azabache, then a Super Marron.

I see no point adding pattern mutations into it, but the Super Marron would be interesting to me because I'd be curious to see if a Super Marron Sterling would remove the pattern but keep the color.

I am a bit perplexed as to how the Sterling genes work because while the pattern vanishes, it does not appear to be covered like in a Lucy animal, it just appears gone and coloration of the scales still occurs as normal.
I knew I forgot something. The super marron should be on this list, lol.

It is very interesting indeed. Also, IMO, you would think a patternless boa would be a incomplete-dominant mutation.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #20
ShadowAceD
Quote:
I knew I forgot something. The super marron should be on this list, lol.

It is very interesting indeed. Also, IMO, you would think a patternless boa would be a incomplete-dominant mutation.
Technically? It has not been proven recessive.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!