how can i help my boa - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-18-2005, 05:56 PM   #81
monitorman85
i finaly got all the shed off of my boa.i couldnt get it off his neck or head so i gave him something to rub against and he got it pelled back so i finished it for him and helped him get it off.he looks like a totaly different snake now.i dont know if he is a normal colombian or if he is mixed cuz he has the { } sadle in alot of places.mike didnt say what he was he just said its a red tail boa.he also has alot of pink on his sides and belly.on the sides of his tail he has red diomonds down it like a bcc and has more red on his tail then other colombians i have seen at 4ft.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #82
The BoidSmith
Put him inside a pillow case together with a wet towel and tie it with a knot. Don't forget to moisten the towel with lukewarm water and place the pillowcase with the snake and towel inside the terrarium. You don't want her to get chilled in a cold, moist environment. Check every two hours to see if she has rubbed the shed off.

Old 11-25-2005, 05:29 AM   #83
monitorman85
well i got some good news finaly got the boa back up to health and looking good again.the only porblem now is that he has a retained eye cap that im still woring on but will come off soon.i took him to the vet 2 days ago and they said hes good to go.i have to go back next week so he can get checked out just to be safe.thanks for every bodys help and for your time.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:03 AM   #84
hhmoore
I would give him a few days without messing with him - a retained eyecap is not a huge problem. After you give him 3-4 days without handling him, try to feed him. Then you can decide how to proceed with the eyecap. IF you opt to remove it, make sure you soak him for awhile first, then do the wet towel thing that Dan described above. A different school of thought would say that if he is eating, leave it alone. At his next shed, after he clears, start soaking him and increase the humidity of the enclosure to ease the shedding process. *note - if you choose this option, be aware that if the eyecap doesn't come off with that shed, there will be 2 retained caps.

Old 11-25-2005, 06:15 PM   #85
monitorman85
alright thanks i will try that.

Old 11-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #86
The BoidSmith
Glad to hear everything went fine. Harald gave you sound advice, priority number one should be to have him recuperate some weight. Start with small preys first. I'm not sure if this boa was used to live or F/T. If you choose live (and taking into consideration her size) I would start with a large mouse or a rat pup. Remember not to leave the live mouse overnight with the boa though!

Good luck.

Old 12-02-2005, 01:29 PM   #87
The BoidSmith
Quote:
i have for sale 2 red tail boas.a 05 50% suirname laddetail 23-25in.a 04 circle back ready to breed with your females 4-5ft.both are feeding on f/t rats.the 05 has a very small kink in his tail.the 04 has a retained eyecap other then that they are both in great shape and healthy.asking price 200 obo shipping is 50 with dhl if more i will pay.for trades im looking for 05 ALBINO BURM,05 RETIC,ANY SIZE OF BOA or any size of BLOODS.
What's up with your ad? Weren't you supposed to take the boa to the vet again this week? He was not feeding for you last week and now he eating F/T rats just fine? Great shape? That's a huge over-statement and you know it! That animal is far from being in great shape. In fact you were told it was in bad shape and needed to put more weight.

Old 12-02-2005, 03:53 PM   #88
bbbxcursion
Oh wow, that's just not cool. Putting the sick boa up for sale huh????

Old 12-02-2005, 03:57 PM   #89
monitorman85
it is still a little small but has not loss any weight.he is eating again he just ate wensday and i have got a few people email me about him and i told them about his condistion he was in when i first got him so they know everything with no suripirzes.im not realy selling him im just giving him to who ever buys the other boa.im moving soon and dont want to take the 2 red tails and all the cages with me.the only reason why im willing to do trades is cuz i have a freind who wants a new snake and was going to get one for him sence he has got me one for my b-day so i thought it would be good to get one for him on christmas.im not trying to rip off people or send a sick snake.he doesnt show any signs of the sours in his mouth or anything any more.i just need to get rid of my snakes be fore i move is all.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:29 PM   #90
The BoidSmith
Well I'm sorry but in one week, an animal that was not eating, and was severly undernourished cannot be in great shape. An animal that had lost some teeth due to mouth rot is not in great shape, and animal that was making wheezing sounds and has a retained eye spectacle is not in great shape. Even if you are giving it for free you might jeopardize the health of the animals in someone else's collection. You are saying you are disclosing all this to interested buyers. That's not what your ad states.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!