Bad Guy Backwater reptiles - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:34 PM   #21
conquerorworm
Absolutely agree.

Also, I had ordered 500 mealworms from them on the same day. They arrived 4 days after I placed the order, and were all LOOSE in a small box with some paper and part of a potato. They weren't in a container at all, some were dead, others had entered pupae stage... and they were all just loose and crawling around all around the inside (and outside) of the box.

It was so disturbing, and I was so concerned about their state that I opted not to give them to my gecko and just put them outside for the crows to fight over instead.

I didn't think to take pictures of the mealworms because I was so done at that point but... I wouldn't beg Backwater Reptiles for a glass of water if I was dying in the desert, much less every purchase an animal from them again.

Despicable.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:31 AM   #22
Chillswitch
I had bad experiences with them too. TL;DR I ordered a couple snakes, and a few days later they called and told me they ran out of the one. I decided to just take the other one...so again, I get a call and they ran out of that species too. Both had been in stock when I purchased and I had talked to someone who confirmed they had the sizes/sexes I wanted, they were ready to go. I politely told them that it was pretty unprofessional for me to have already paid for the snakes, and for them to turn around and tell me they then sold them elsewhere before they could be shipped to me. They were pretty rude, and I got a message back implying that it's not that they sold out, it's that the animals die so frequently they more often just die themselves out of stock...

They have such an impressive selection, but unfortunately they aren't very trustworthy.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:01 AM   #23
tim brophy
Actually, they are a good place to purchase, if you want wild caught stuff which will die within a few months.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:19 PM   #24
The Dark Grove
Isn't this company directly tied to Reptile Pets Direct if I remember? Just a question.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:13 AM   #25
JumpSpidersInc
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Grove View Post
Isn't this company directly tied to Reptile Pets Direct if I remember? Just a question.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=332185

Old 03-08-2016, 04:36 AM   #26
The Dark Grove
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpSpidersInc View Post
Thanks.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #27
dccjamz
same thing happened with my sulcata tortoise, i ordered from backwaterreptiles, arrived in the mail looking very sickly, soft shell and eyes closed, still trying to fix these issues

Old 05-02-2016, 04:48 PM   #28
conquerorworm
Filed a complaint with the BBB against Backwater Reptiles. Should have way before now but oh well, at least I’m sending it in now. I would encourage anyone and everyone who had trouble with them to do the same! Get them investigated! Get them taken down!

Old 06-28-2016, 01:47 PM   #29
Waddlea3
I also had a bad experience with Backwater. I ordered 26 whites treefrogs and they came so skinny that there's no way they were feeding them at their facility. Worse yet, they were all infected with chytrids. One by one they all started dying. Stay away from them! I ordered from Underground and all of the frogs came fat, active, and best of all..infection free!

Old 07-18-2016, 03:57 AM   #30
swahn
I ordered a super giant leopard gecko from Backwater and it arrived healthy and is growing like a freak. I thought their customer service was excellent.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!