Bad Guy Manny Frade of Prefect Predators - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #81
meowmeowkazoo
Sure, I will get some pics up in a moment.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #82
meowmeowkazoo
The first pic is from the ad. The second pic is the boa just moments after being unboxed. The second pic is illuminated by natural sunlight only. He's still a nice snake, and I'm not unhappy with him given the price I paid, but I thought he would be more vibrant.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #83
meowmeowkazoo
It's worth saying, I don't remember if the flash went off in the pic I took or not. I'm not super savvy with cameras so I have it set on automatic usually.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #84
Lucille
I am not at all camera savvy, would a flash one way or the other make such a difference?

Old 01-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #85
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I am not at all camera savvy, would a flash one way or the other make such a difference?
I think sometimes the flash can wash out colors. I can try taking some additional pics with the flash turned off.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #86
meowmeowkazoo
What I was really hoping for was that he would have orange eyes like he does in the ad. In person his eyes are more of a silvery beige color.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #87
Fangthane
It looks like a Photoshop hack-job on the pic from the ad. The white background is even tinted red. Maybe you could email the original pic to one of the PS sleuths on here so the EXIF data can be checked out to confirm or deny what seems obvious. If the photo is as altered as it appears, surely it was just an honest mistake, and not a product of manny's well-documented lack of ethics or integrity.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #88
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
It looks like a Photoshop hack-job on the pic from the ad. The white background is even tinted red. Maybe you could email the original pic to one of the PS sleuths on here so the EXIF data can be checked out to confirm or deny what seems obvious. If the photo is as altered as it appears, surely it was just an honest mistake, and not a product of manny's well-documented lack of ethics or integrity.
Well, you can't save photos from the website. That photo is a screenshot that I cropped down.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #89
meowmeowkazoo
Actually, just spoke to my husband (he's a computer programmer), and he showed me how to access the image file. So here is the original image from the website.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #90
ShadowAceD
None of the EXIF data would be available because you posted it as an attachment, you'd need to e-mail it to someone or post it on Photobucket and post it here.

Not to defend Manny, but DLSRs can sometimes (on the auto function(, give a red tint to photos. I've seen it happen a good bit, even on my own photos. So, that could be a factor in the red tint on the background.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!