Bad Guy Ty Park I Think We should Reconsider his Rep - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:59 PM   #161
Hurricane Dragons
just my .02 on a transaction i had with Ty.... i decided to purchase 10 uromastyx, 5 red and 5 yellow saharans....we agreed on price and he shipped them...when i received them, they were only 9 and they color ratio was not correct....it was actually a shipping error by his employee...i got the wrong group...so he then decided to ship me 10 (on his dime) more and let me pick the 10 out of the 19 and then he sent me a label to ship back the 9 that i didn't want....he trusted me and i appreciated the fact that he went above my expectations to make things right....and in my opinion, he tried to make it right with the OP and for some reason she thought she knew better and it has obviously back fired...

Old 09-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #162
nickolasanastasiou
Craig, that degree of service to fix the mistake is highly impressive. Thanks for sharing. I have yet to do business with Ty, but stories like those make me hope to have the pleasure someday.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #163
Hurricane Dragons
yep, A+ customer service no doubt...that was actually my first transaction with Ty and hopefully there will be more in the future...

Old 09-19-2014, 01:17 AM   #164
lukeinvb
I agree, mouth rot (if I am not mistaken) is something that needs to be cultured and examined under a microscope for bacteria. To automatically claim the animal has mouth rot without seeking professional treatment seems absurd. Many signs in animals could lead one to believe something is seriously wrong, when it really is nothing to worry about. I'm not saying it was or wasn't mouth rot, but without a vet's diagnosis you can't be 100% sure. Second, Ty did everything he possibly could to make the situation right, without really even knowing the extent of the issue. Did you ever show him pictures of the mouth? You simply bought a live animal that you claimed was ill, he offered to pay for the shipping from Alaska to Florida, and then refund your money completely. You simply do not see that type of customer service anymore. Ty stated he wanted the animal back to raise awareness to his employee(s), and to treat it. If emotions played a role in you keeping the animal that is on you, but either way you look at it ... you bought a product (the tortoise)..you were not satisfied...the merchant offered a refund and to take it back for medical treatment and training, but you refused off the basis you didn't believe him that he would treat the animal. You also stated numerous times that you previously bred tortoises and your vet was excellent, whats to say his vet is not good? You believed he would send your money back so there was no reason to not believe him he would treat, but i don't know of anybody who would send an animal and refund someone for the whole thing without the animal back. Just seems like simple business...buy something with money, and if your not happy you give item back and you get your money back. NOT you buy something, your unhappy with it, get all your money back and get to keep the item.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #165
TeguBuzz
From my years of dealing with Ty Park, I have never had not even one misunderstanding or mishap with him. I have purchased Cyclura from him in the past and couldn't have been more pleased and satisfied with the individuals which I received.

Ty Park is definitely at the top of my list of people to purchase from. Truly an upstanding individual who has done so much for the reptile industry and hobby.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!