Bad Guy Ty Park I Think We should Reconsider his Rep - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #61
VetTechJV
Knowing Ty and also being a Vet Tech for 30+ years with a specialty in Reptiles, I feel what Ty offered was more than fair. A picture from the buyer could have easily been sent via email or posted on Photobucket to document the alleged Stomatiitis in the tortoise. That may have also helped, for Ty to see what the complaint was and may have helped avoid this type of thread. The fact that Ty also offered to have Fed Ex pick up the tortoise, which is unheard of when returning something that is not alive, let alone overnighting a Tortoise, just verified how much he cared. As far as going in and pulling out yellow gobs from a tortoises mouth, I never encountered that in my years of dealing with reptiles with stomatitis. We normally have to use a mild anesthesia to allow us to remove the plaque with a dental tool and clean the area with diluted Novalsan or Betadine and never use full strength. I just cannot fanthom holding a torotiose's mouth open and being allowed to do what was stated. I believe Ty acted fairly and did nothing wrong with making his offer of refund once the tortoise was returned.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:00 AM   #62
SnakeCharmr728
Ty is an incredibly generous and caring man. I highly recommend him as a business person and as a wealth of knowledge. He has donated several hundred to my rescue for tegus and monitors, as well as other charities. Surely, that says something alone.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:04 AM   #63
Eublah
I have worked with Ty for over 12 years, He keeps to his words. He is not just an animal dealer, but a breeder as well. He does more than just selling animals. I know once he has a vet, He will certainly treat the tortoise. Remember he needs it as an education tool for his workers as well. I cannot see what else you what him to do.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:43 AM   #64
wyland2222
Ty Park

While realize that the original problem has been resolved between Ty and Susan I still had to put my 2 cents in. For anyone who will ever have any business with Ty you are a very lucky person. I have been to his farm and I have has 1 (so far ) buisness transaction with him and many many emails in which he taught me many things I did not know. He is the best most caring person I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
My new motto is: BUY FROM TY!!!!
Patricia McClancy

Old 07-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #65
DKMexotics
Ty Park

This is the first year we have done business with Ty. He has been extremely professional and all around great to work with. He always pays quickly without any haggling. Great guy and we need more like him in the hobby!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #66
Manny
Susan!

I hope your apology is genuine. It deserves merit to step up and admit when you are wrong. I applaud that since we are human and humans make mistakes. We, the buyers and the sellers, make up the reptile community and industry. The industry/community cannot survive without each other. This industry has been blemished by the actions of wrong doers in the past and continues in the present. We need to do better and change the reputation of our kind.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #67
Manny
Sorry got he names messed up. I meant Deborah.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #68
Kevin S
Ty Park is great guy

When a person can just blast away with false accusations (until pics and a vet health cert). These threads should be deleted, Ty has a top notch farm and this hobby there a need for more breeders like Ty. He offered a full refund what does the OP really want ? Sounds like a refund and the op gets to keep the RT. Not.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #69
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
These threads should be deleted,
I disagree. Not only would there be problems with asking someone to judge which threads were valid and which were not, there is a lot of value in this thread in my opinion.
First of all, there was post after post of members relating their transactions with Ty and what an excellent experience they had dealing with him, so it is really a 'good guy' thread in disguise.
And second, anyone reading this thread might have an opportunity to think long and hard about whether they wanted to business with the OP if she wants to buy from them in the future.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #70
Ken Foose
Ty is not a good guy. He's a great guy

I've known Ty for years. I've done business with him and have always been pleased to do so. On the subject of retail vs his dealing with the big box stores, I can use an example of past experience with him. Ty will go out of his way to hand pick the most exceptional animals and sell them to his private customers first, then send the average animals out to the big box stores. And places like mine benefit from this process. Ty is my friend and fellow breeder/businessman. I stand with him always. And Ty is very concerned and generous when it comes to the herp community. Although he can't attend the International Herpetological Symposium at the end of the month in New Orleans, he still donates money to the IHS grants program. This money goes directly to grants to students and researchers, field workers and educators to the benefit of Herpetology. Without Ty and others generous donations, the IHS grant program would not be possible.

Thanks Ty for being the man you are. We need more folks like you in this business.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!