Hello there - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-02-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
iShatterBladderz
Hello there

I may be posting this in the wrong section , but im navigating using tapatalk which im not yet familiar with, and this seemed appropriate.

My name is Chris Wigg, I am a seattle native , living in Tulss, Oklahoma. I own a computer sales and repair business , as well as working as General Manager at the nightclub my family owns. I'M a huge tech nerd , esp when it comes to pc's and gaming. I am 24 years of age.

I first joined this forum years and years ago , under a diff username, when I was in HS. At the time , i had one bearded dragon of my own , and i ended up buying another off of the classifieds section of this site. I loved being a beardie owner, but unfortunately i ran into some not so good financial circumstances and had to rehome my dragons as i couldnt afford to properly care for them anymore.

Fast forward a few years later, and I am in a much more stable position financially. I am getting back into the beardie world, ive already assembled my dubia colony, now its time to get some dragons, i bought a cage from apcages.com and as soon as it arrives i plan on buying my first dragon off of this forum. Once i get a second age , i plan on buying another dragon of opposite sex. My long term goal is to become a hobby breeder, with probably just one breeding pair. With that being said, i have quite a bit of knowledge regarding their care , but not as much regarding breeding , so i will need to make some new friends , and do a TON of research in the next year or so.

Also i would like to breed some of the more rare traits, so other then the obvious intent of introduction, the purpose of this post is mostly to gather information on some of the more reputable breeders out there. I did find one lady off of the sponsored list , with some blue barred dragons. I have never seen those kinds before. I tend to prefer leatherbacks , and i like the really dark morphs and the really colorful morphs.

Thank you in advance,

Oh and very nice to meet you all ")

Old 03-03-2016, 12:35 AM   #2
Kimberely
Hi, looks like you did hit the right subforum.

Can't really help with breeder recommendations, but there are some beautiful color morphs of beardies, especially with leatherbacks - their colors and patterns pop! Anyways, good luck on finding ones you love.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:53 AM   #3
iShatterBladderz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberely View Post
Hi, looks like you did hit the right subforum.

Can't really help with breeder recommendations, but there are some beautiful color morphs of beardies, especially with leatherbacks - their colors and patterns pop! Anyways, good luck on finding ones you love.
Yes i am quite fond of the leatherbacks myself. The one i had bought off the classified section year ago was some sort of fire colored leatherback , not too familiar with silkbacks yet, have to say at firsy glance they look odd.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:17 AM   #4
Kimberely
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShatterBladderz View Post
...not too familiar with silkbacks yet, have to say at firsy glance they look odd.
Silkbacks look...salamander-ish to me. I guess if someone wanted a dry-bodied desert amphibian look they'd be perfect. Not my thing personally, like those hairless cat and dog breeds. Although oddly enough I find scaleless snakes pretty appealing.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:17 PM   #5
iShatterBladderz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberely View Post
Silkbacks look...salamander-ish to me. I guess if someone wanted a dry-bodied desert amphibian look they'd be perfect. Not my thing personally, like those hairless cat and dog breeds. Although oddly enough I find scaleless snakes pretty appealing.
Yeah, I don't think it would be a trait I will go after. I could use a little research into them , but it would seem that a deformity so extreme (maybe deformity isnt the right word, oddity maybe?) would present problems otherwise nonexistent to the species. I could be wrong tho, just my educated guess

ive never seen scale-less snakes, i'm not much of a snake person myself. i have had a corn snake in the past , but its just not my thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!