Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 146 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:02 AM   #1451
chazzz
Sorry about that Rachel, I understand now.
I was reading backwards and read your post last. So it seemed she was inquiring about the animals that were confiscated recently.

Again sorry about the confusion!!

Old 05-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #1452
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzz View Post
Sorry about that Rachel, I understand now.
I was reading backwards and read your post last. So it seemed she was inquiring about the animals that were confiscated recently.

Again sorry about the confusion!!
No problem! Here's where she mentioned trying to adopt those animals from LA, where it is specifically stated:
http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/gia...tml#post792714

No one with an already established collection would take on those animals unless they had another building of some sort, knowing what kind of filth they came from. I think the fact that it is a high profile case draws her in, which doesn't surprise me. When she was a constant presence on various forums, she lavished attention. If she somehow "rescued" some high profile bust animals, she would get that attention. That's the only reason I see her wanting those animals, many of which are large constrictors that probably were never handled.

According to Thomas, the one who alerted us, she HAS expressed in interest in the animals seized from the current bust, as well as the one last year. Through all of this, she doesn't seem to have learned her lesson about proper quarantine.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #1453
chazzz
Wow just unbelievable, what in the world is running through that head of hers!
What a shame and what a huge liability she is to this community.
It's really tough to sum up all the feelings I have about this but most have been covered plenty by the members here on fauna.
Her actions are shocking and disgusting to say the least!!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #1454
amercnwmn
I agree, as much as I would LOVE to help out animals, I have my own I need to watch out for.

I certainly would NOT consider adding MORE snakes if I had any indication mine had an illness, or if I was under obligation to pay for testing on my collection or someone who had snakes in my collection due to my carelessness.

She's also "lost" at least 2 snakes, including 1 that doesn't belong to her.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #1455
Elizabethlea27
I just want to add - Dr. Jacobson's lab has confirmed, it has not received those any "tests" Ashley supposedly did (supposed to be sent to Dr. Jacobson in March, 2-3 wk wait for results..) My snake's liver biopsies were sent out to his lab today.
So, for whatever outcome, we'll see.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:23 AM   #1456
Elizabethlea27
Also, if she claims Dr Jacobson's lab lost the samples, I want to hear why a stink was not raised over the cost of testing being refunded BY THE LAB, since you pay $100 per blood test and $250 per lover sample TO THE LAB in Fla. for testing, not to your vet. Vet costs associated with the procedures are in addition. So if her samples were lost and she was actually trying to get testing, WHERE was a stink about being refunded by the lab or getting a free test re-done? etc etc? I know I would throw a fit if the liver biopsies from my boas just 'got lost'.

I'd like to see paperwork, and have computer savvy people from this site check it for credibility. Because having tests "lost" months ago when so much depends on the results, then making no noise about it?? Would sound like a pretty thin lie to me.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:08 AM   #1457
amercnwmn
Another person also pointed out that her business page, Casper Constrictors was closed exactly on April 10. Her tests were to be done at the first part of March, if I am not mistaken. The results were to take between 2-4wks.
Why would she have left it open for so long and then close it suddenly? Maybe I'm reading too much in, but it's all suspicious, IMO.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:22 AM   #1458
sally-dog
I'm the one who pointed out the dates on the website taken from Google Cache. The entire website has been removed, and the date on the cache said it was last modified April 10th. The other pages were modified in a 2-4 week time frame, from the end of March into the first couple weeks of April.

I only took 4 screen shots, so that they won't be further modified in the future, with the first one being the date of April 10th, which I found listed on the Home page. The rest were more random. I took screen shots of the section with her mammal pets, the base page for the reptile collection (there are sub links to boas, pythons, etc on that) and the Available section.

If you want to see them please e-mail me at salldog77 at gmail.com . They are large format so they will get skewed in my Photobucket account. You may also see them via a Google search for "Casper Constrictors", but make sure to click on the part where it says "cache". The actual website is no longer available.

All those dates look suspicious to me, as well, since they fall within the time frame the test results should have arrived. There's also the added possibility that she will see this information and further modify the site, and the dates may change, which is why I took the screens.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:37 AM   #1459
sally-dog
Also, as for myself, I am not going to speculate on the test results until they are actually seen here.

The whole ordeal is highly suspicious, especially with the website being pulled like it was in that time frame, but we have nothing to go by until someone gets a hold of them. She's back pedaled and covered up information numerous times. She's never even posted the proof that the tests were paid for and samples were sent out, even to say, "Hey I'm doing something here." That information, as far as I can recall was posted here by another party other than Ashley.

Personally, I'm just appalled with Ashley's behavior and exhausted with this thread and the entire thing. I never expected it to go on this long and I never expected that the parties involved would have to jump through so many hoops to get the information they needed. I'm glad she is no longer a constant presence on so many forums I frequent, but it doesn't solve the real issue, and that is that she is willing to go under the table to get what she wants, is willing to hide what she doesn't want others to see, and people and animals have suffered in her care.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:39 AM   #1460
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
I'm glad she is no longer a constant presence on so many forums I frequent, but it doesn't solve the real issue, and that is that she is willing to go under the table to get what she wants, is willing to hide what she doesn't want others to see, and people and animals have suffered in her care.
Last part should say that people have suffered because of her behavior and animals have suffered in her care. I'm way too tired.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd