Complaint about the FULL NAME rule on the BOI. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #21
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I see you are correct Dennis. It doesn’t change that I think it was wrong and unfair to post her full name in this thread, or to put her full name in her profile to be displayed on every thread
Maybe, maybe not.
My personal opinion would be more inline with…..
To be respected for your wants, you most also show respect.
She showed none, she received none. Rich posted her quote as she posted it on the BOI with her name. He then provided some background with the email/P.M. exchange.

As she said,
Quote:
its called the search function. you dont have to "sift" for anythign
She would have found right there at top of the board inquiry

Quote:
As such, please note that I reserve the right to publish such email in the appropriate threads in this forum, as evidence of MY own dealings with YOU. Anyone sending me these types of messages, or of any other type, specifically give up the right or expectation that this correspondence will remain private, at my discretion. In such an instance, such correspondence will be considered as MY contribution to what is known about the parties involved in a dispute. The more abusive the correspondence, the greater the likelihood that you will see it published in this forum.
As well as
Quote:
I know a lot of you probably are used to using initials or nicknames or such to identify yourself to the internet world. I use it myself much of the time (Rich Z). But for THIS forum please include your full name, assuming that not everyone is going to know you. As an example of what I would consider appropriate would be something like Rich Zuchowski (Rich Z), or something equivalent.
Now, I am not saying I agree or disagree, but it is right there in black and white for all to view.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #22
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
This thread has absolutly nothing to do with me~ or my reasons for being interested in the answers provided. I was merely being honest in admitting that I wanted the answers for my own reasons.

I wanted to know if Rich had a thoughtless moment in posting her full name in this thread in direct conflict to her known desires (though he tends to have trouble beleiving others ever post without thinking through all the possible consequences) ~ or if he intentionally set out to antogonise a customer? Or somewhere in the middle that I just don't see?

I will bow to Dennis superior reasoning skills however (not sarcastic Dennis~ thats an actual compliment) and admit that I see from Dennis's responses that Rich was completly within the "letter of the law" in his posting of her name anywhere he saw fit.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:40 PM   #23
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I see you are correct Dennis. It doesn’t change that I think it was wrong and unfair to post her full name in this thread, or to put her full name in her profile to be displayed on every thread she ever participated in with the full knowledge that she did not want it posted

I don’t see what purpose posting her name in this thread served……except to demonstrate that all posters are treated with the same disdain and contempt no matter their status as a new member, long time member, first time offender or repeat offender. I’m not pretending I don’t have a personal agenda in asking the question either. I want to know why Rich suddenly decides some poster or another needs to have their chain yanked extra hard for an indiscretion and then proceeds to treat them to the contempt and disdain I had previously assumed was reserved only for the real trouble makers?

This thread is not about “everyone else” though. It’s about this poster, and I’ve asked a legitimate question. Why was her name posted in this thread by an administrator of this site with the full understanding that the poster did not desire to have that name plastered all over this site? Would her user name not have sufficed to make it clear who she was on the site?
Since she opted not to sign her name at the end of each post on the BOI (thus leaving her name posted ONLY on the BOI) and gave implied consent to Rich to add the name to her profile (giving him her name in an e-mail or PM) (unfortunate side-effect being it now appears where ever she had/has posted before and since) I feel this is a non-issue.

If she really desired anonymity she could have refrained from posting on a board that required such. By doing so she became required to adhere to the rules we all must follow to post there or risk having her posts deleted; which would have also solved the problem of her name being "plastered" everywhere since those posts would simply be gone.

Perhaps I am missing something, but I really don't feel anyone got the short end of the stick or was admonished more so than anyone else who feels the rules do not apply to them. She wanted to post on the BOI. The BOI has a full-name requirement to post. She gave implied consent to Rich to add her name to her profile by sending it to him. If she does not wish it so I'm sure he'll be happy to remove both her name and her posts if she contacts him. Which I believe she can still do via e-mail even though she is fined and suspended. He's not that hard to get ahold of.

Old 01-27-2006, 06:08 PM   #24
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas
If she really desired anonymity she could have refrained from posting on a board that required such. By doing so she became required to adhere to the rules we all must follow to post there or risk having her posts deleted; which would have also solved the problem of her name being "plastered" everywhere since those posts would simply be gone.
My thoughts exactly. If you don't want to draw attention to yourself, don't post on a publicly-accessible forum. I think that's a pretty simple concept.

Old 01-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas
If she does not wish it so I'm sure he'll be happy to remove both her name and her posts if she contacts him.
Sorry, but that is not true. Once a post is made on the BOI and is in compliance with the rules, even if that compliance is made retroactive to the post being made, you can pretty much count on the post being permanent. Otherwise, if I adopted the policy you infer, then any bad guy could request their name to be removed from the system, then their posts removed from the BOI as well afterwards. I am sure several people would just love to be able to unwind that rope they wrapped around their own neck, and this precedent would give them the capability to do just that.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #26
LakesideBoas
Hmmm...

didn't think of that!

I still maintain that she could have done things differently and still retained her anonymity. And you're not that hard to get ahold of!

Old 01-28-2006, 01:06 AM   #27
ms_terese
Quote:
FULL NAMES are required on each posting you make on the BOI. Anyone failing to adhere to this simple rule has subjected their message to possibly being deleted.
This is what shows in the thread titled FaunaClassifieds Forums > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry™
Rules for Posting on the BOI <-- REQUIRED READING!! (updated 10/29/05). I think that anyone can make the assumption that if they don't post their full name, they will be subject to points, suspensions, or deletions. Others have had their posts deleted for not using their full name. As a matter of fact, I don't know of anyone else whose name was added to their profile by a mod. Why do it this time, especially when the member had expressed her feelings about not using her full identity online?

Old 01-28-2006, 01:19 AM   #28
WebSlave
So now I am supposed to be psychic? From the time I received notices that a person was posting on the BOI without their full name through the time that I received her full name in response to my request for it TO PLACE SUCH IN HER PROFILE, is all that I knew about this person up to that point. Period.

I am sorry that some people have difficulty with this concept. But anything else I say about this matter will just be repeating myself. So I won't.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:59 AM   #29
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
As a matter of fact, I don't know of anyone else whose name was added to their profile by a mod. Why do it this time, especially when the member had expressed her feelings about not using her full identity online?
Just right off the top of my head,
Bill Leverton, Mike Clark, removed their names and it was reinserted for them. I know there are a few others but my memory is failing me. LOL

So everyone is clear, she did type her full name on a couple of posts (her name was already known), then asked if she could stop doing it.

Quote:
Sorry. No they were advertised to me as CBB. if they were actually WC though it would not suprise me as they never warmed up or showed interest in eating

Amanda Gribben (sorry again. online paranoia gets the better of me and I go by Red or Amayon)
Quote:
. Getting off topic but the lack of support from the people who said they would be there for any questions and help I needed is also making me angry, on top of the bad business deal

Amanda Gribben
Quote:
Great of him to call ME so promptly and I revise my original negative assesment

Amanda Gribben
Quote:
hes just great. i cant get enough of him i dont even like to put him away to digest hehe

amanda gribben (can i stop saying my full name now please? creepy! anyone can read this)
The response from another member.

Quote:
Regrettably you can't as per the rules of this forum. Please notice that all of us have their names either in the signature line or in the profile. You can type it there instead of "Simply red", and forget about it.

Regards.
Her response.
Quote:
thanks. i know WHY it has to be on the BOI but i really hate it. any creep or joe shmoe can read this board from anywhere on the planet and have MY full legal name. VERY CREEPY!
*shudder* amanda gribben. final post!
Well, after that first final post she hit a couple of more threads on the BOI and decided, she doesn't have to use her name any longer.
Then came her warning and the email Rich posted. Well, at that point nobody would have known anything.
Her next post on the BOI

Quote:
yes well i would LIKE to be able to post as Red elsewhere and simply SIGN my name manually here, but apparently thats just not good enough and the mod put my legal name in my profile and then disabled my ability to edit personal information of any kind. gee THANKS. im deleting this account. this is absolute bullshit. i dont care what the damn rules are ill manually sign my goddamn name if i have to but i dont want it anywhere else. do ANY of you mods have ANY idea how much dirt someone can find when they have your first name? do YOU want someone disagreeing with you and then snooping and posting things like your home address, phone number, SS#, docs name, and personal or childhood history, ALL OVER THE DAMN NET? i have tried to reason with whateverthehellhisnameis but no. its got to be plastered all fucking over every post i make. THAT is not cool. i have already had one disgrunted tard post every detail about me on the net, i dont need it happening HERE. apparently im the only one concerned about creeps and assholes
Really, I’m sure we can come up with something tomorrow, with a little more substance, to hit Rich over the head with, push a few more buttons and have him blowup, so we can again tell him how lousy he treats people here.

Old 01-28-2006, 02:31 AM   #30
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman[COLOR=Navy
Really, I’m sure we can come up with something tomorrow, with a little more substance, to hit Rich over the head with, push a few more buttons and have him blowup, so we can again tell him how lousy he treats people here.[/color]

Couldn't have said it better myself, Dennis.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!