KINGSNAKE.COM....THE TRUTH - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #191
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by anendeloflorien View Post
I'm still in the dark as to how KS got to be the #1 is it just because they're the oldest?
Personally, I am still a semi-regular over on one KS forum simply because it was the first site I found in the late 90's and I've got some acquaintances over there that aren't on other sites, plus I love looking at snake pics and there's always nice eye candy there. I'm a regular on another herp site because I like the mods, the way the site is run and the friendly upbeat feel. I'm trying to get involved here on Fuana more instead of just reading the BOI (when a carwreck happens, sometimes I just gotta look) and so far I've been enjoying it, we just need to get more people involved. My favorite things about reptiles sites are the people, the pictures and the interesting discussions where hopefully I'll learn something new.
just throwing my $0.02 in

Old 01-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #192
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
What attracts anyone to any site?
A forum is much like a bar. Either the place feels like home or it dont. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

The bartender is slow, the waitress is ugly with a bad attitude, never any good looking women in the place, the pool tables are way off balance, the selection on the jukebox is for crap and you would never consider sitting on ANYTHING in the bathroom.... but damn I love this place!!

Sad to say but I have been a regular at more than one place like that in my life. No rhyme or reason why other than the places just felt like home.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #193
anendeloflorien
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
A forum is much like a bar. Either the place feels like home or it dont. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

The bartender is slow, the waitress is ugly with a bad attitude, never any good looking women in the place, the pool tables are way off balance, the selection on the jukebox is for crap and you would never consider sitting on ANYTHING in the bathroom.... but damn I love this place!!

Sad to say but I have been a regular at more than one place like that in my life. No rhyme or reason why other than the places just felt like home.
Too true Sammy And yeah I've been to those places too but moved on before too long. I've gotta say while Fauna is not really my #1 choice for posting (see my post count of a whole 40 lol) I'm on here daily browsing. I post a lot more on one other forum because that place is my bar of choice so to speak lol. Hot women (aka animals) cool bartenders (aka mods) and they do a live show once a week (hint hint ).

Old 01-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #194
Double LY
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post

You summed up something that I think a lot of people just don't get about this place. Some want to label it a "wolf pack mentality", but that's not it. We all found Fauna due to a common interest, but the "cliques" as some see them are forged from something much different - a genuine like for each other.

I will never hatch a ball python, but I am thrilled to live vicariously through the success of others just as I am truly disappointed to hear of failed breedings/bad hatch rates/etc. I may be lucky enough to never get scammed (knock wood), but I sure as heck feel for the poster who has one pulled over on him. Groups don't congregate trying to figure out how to "stick it to" someone, they chime in with info to prevent yet another victim from getting taken.

Some members come off to some as complete , while others see past the "off balance pool table" to who they really are and the service they attempt to provide (and when they get overzealous the mods are always there to "bounce" them out the door).

Some may not see the value of Fauna or take every opportunity to bash this site and even Rich himself. Others of us look forward to slow days at work to peruse the site and that one night of the week when the housework is done, the kids go to bed without a fight and we can kick back in chat and buy a friend we may never get a chance to meet in "real" life a watered down beverage at the Fauna bar (and luckily for the boys this place is full of good looking women).

Now, make sure to tip your wait staff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!