KINGSNAKE.COM....THE TRUTH - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #21
varnyard
Well bottom line is, it is Jeff's site. If he chooses not to let you sell there, then that’s his decision.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with his actions, but it is his site.

It would be like anywhere else on the web, if they don't want you there for whatever reason, they will pull you.

I will tell you this, I doubt this thread will sway him either way.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #22
tim8dena
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Well bottom line is, it is Jeff's site. If he chooses not to let you sell there, then that’s his decision.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with his actions, but it is his site.

It would be like anywhere else on the web, if they don't want you there for whatever reason, they will pull you.

I will tell you this, I doubt this thread will sway him either way.
it wont sway him at all..this i know..my only point was to let some body hear my side..and to inform others to be so carefull when dealing with them that they dont make what ever mistake it was that i did(since they wont tell me)
its his site so yes he can do what he wants..so to answer everyones question as to why im not on kingsnake

I STILL DONT KNOW!!!!!

tim

Old 10-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #23
varnyard
Tim, I understand, and I feel for your need to be there, however, this is what happens when you depend on others as a source of income.

Yours is not the first story about them, and it probably wont be the last. But it is the way he wants it, be it right or wrong.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #24
Casey Hulse
Quote:
but still seems like there has got to be something missing - sounds to me like either you or the person you purchased from - really pissed someone off or has enemies in high places.
It is Jeff's site, and maybe it is personal. If the person you bought from and Jeff have personal issues, maybe you were caught in the middle. I would guess the reasoning would be that kingsnake does not want this person to profit indirectly from their site.
Good luck to you, I know someone who got suspended and got their account back after a little time goes by.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:55 PM   #25
jaysreptiles
I can tell you this. Regardless of the situation, it is a shame Tim was caught in the middle because of who he associates with or whatever the reasons may be. Tim is a good guy and IMO an asset to KS if given the opportunity. Its a shame that they are missing a guy who is more than fair to deal with and represents his animals accurately and professionally. KS is how I met Tim and am glad I was given that opportunity. Just too bad others who use the site won't get the same chance unless they use Fauna. I hope in the end this is worked out and he is reinstated, I respect Tim as well as KS alot. I can't blame Tim for wanting to share his story and it says alot for his character that he is not angry and bashing KS as most people would. Tim has alot of exciting new projects in the works and would love to see them shared with the KS world when he releases them. Good luck Tim!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #26
royalkreationz
KS is getting a little big fr their brithces.....

I think their level of customer service is lacking tremendously. I have been suspended from their forum for "arguing." The other party involved was not suspended. When I emailed the mods asking why I was suspended, I was told I was "trolling" the forum. The thread was started by someone else and I was the 6th person to post there, and didn't say anything negative, but just disagreed. It is still up and you can read it for yourself. I have the same screenname here as there. I contacted Jeff Barringer about this, and he sent an email that said it is not his department. Excuse me, I thought he owned the sight.

Yesterday, I started a thread in the forum there about the reptile shows on blogtalkradio.com. It was pulled. I sent a very polite email to the moderators telling them that I thought the topics covered on the radio shows would make good conversation in the forums, and why it was pulled so that I may change the wording and the post remain. I was told that advertising or promotion of an event or website was not allowed. Ok. What about all the people that post in their forums with a website in their signature, but do not pay for space on kingsnake in the breeder section where sites are listed? The radio show I was posting about was Ralph Davis' new show. I think he pays for enough advertising there that any "advertising" done in the forums should be considered paid for. And the last opinion on this matter is that there is no profit being made by these radio shows. They sell no advertising on there. It is non-profit, and I didn't think non profits could "advertise" if no goods are being traded or sold. When something good is mentioned about someone for a purchase in the forums, is that "advertising?" I love to see new morphs unveiled there, but is that advertising? What about when people go to a show and take pics of animals for sale at BHB, RDR, NERD, TSK, VPI or any others, is that advertising? If it is assumed that those posts do not generate potential sales leads, they are mistaken. If they have an animal similar to that back at the facility and someone sees one they had at a show and calls and asks and they sell the one they did not take to the show, then the post served as advertising, but correct me if I am wrong. what about when someone posts saying look what I produced and the next day it is in the classifieds, is that advertising? There is one perfect example of that there now.

Laslty. This part about their people sneaking around here trying to find someone who doesn't like them and ban them. I think that is silly, and seems like they might be violating rights of free speech.

I don't mean this to be bashing kingsnake, just some things I have been frustrated with, hints I no longer have a classified account with them, and emailed Jeff Barringer about that when he sent me a renewal notice. He promptly replied and discontinued my advertising privelages and all current ads were removed.

A little customer service goes a long way I think. I also told Jeff that if I could sell the reptiles I produce adequately without using them that I would. I don't plan on producing much that I want to sell as I am working with exclusively double recessives and fires so I will keep most of what I produce besides the fires that I sell. I think I could do that just fine here.

Thanks,
Jody Barnes

Old 10-26-2007, 07:55 PM   #27
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalkreationz
I think their level of customer service is lacking tremendously. I have been suspended from their forum for "arguing." The other party involved was not suspended. When I emailed the mods asking why I was suspended, I was told I was "trolling" the forum. The thread was started by someone else and I was the 6th person to post there, and didn't say anything negative, but just disagreed. It is still up and you can read it for yourself. I have the same screenname here as there. I contacted Jeff Barringer about this, and he sent an email that said it is not his department. Excuse me, I thought he owned the sight.

Yesterday, I started a thread in the forum there about the reptile shows on blogtalkradio.com. It was pulled. I sent a very polite email to the moderators telling them that I thought the topics covered on the radio shows would make good conversation in the forums, and why it was pulled so that I may change the wording and the post remain. I was told that advertising or promotion of an event or website was not allowed. Ok. What about all the people that post in their forums with a website in their signature, but do not pay for space on kingsnake in the breeder section where sites are listed? The radio show I was posting about was Ralph Davis' new show. I think he pays for enough advertising there that any "advertising" done in the forums should be considered paid for. And the last opinion on this matter is that there is no profit being made by these radio shows. They sell no advertising on there. It is non-profit, and I didn't think non profits could "advertise" if no goods are being traded or sold. When something good is mentioned about someone for a purchase in the forums, is that "advertising?" I love to see new morphs unveiled there, but is that advertising? What about when people go to a show and take pics of animals for sale at BHB, RDR, NERD, TSK, VPI or any others, is that advertising? If it is assumed that those posts do not generate potential sales leads, they are mistaken. If they have an animal similar to that back at the facility and someone sees one they had at a show and calls and asks and they sell the one they did not take to the show, then the post served as advertising, but correct me if I am wrong. what about when someone posts saying look what I produced and the next day it is in the classifieds, is that advertising? There is one perfect example of that there now.

Laslty. This part about their people sneaking around here trying to find someone who doesn't like them and ban them. I think that is silly, and seems like they might be violating rights of free speech.

I don't mean this to be bashing kingsnake, just some things I have been frustrated with, hints I no longer have a classified account with them, and emailed Jeff Barringer about that when he sent me a renewal notice. He promptly replied and discontinued my advertising privelages and all current ads were removed.

A little customer service goes a long way I think. I also told Jeff that if I could sell the reptiles I produce adequately without using them that I would. I don't plan on producing much that I want to sell as I am working with exclusively double recessives and fires so I will keep most of what I produce besides the fires that I sell. I think I could do that just fine here.

Thanks,
Jody Barnes
You know why you were banned!!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #28
royalkreationz
hmmmm

suspended not banned I can still post there I don't disagree that I should have been suspended, but thought it should have been along with others. It says in their TOS a direct insult is not allowed. There should have been more than 1 banned. I just thought it needed to be more fair.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #29
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalkreationz
suspended not banned I can still post there I don't disagree that I should have been suspended, but thought it should have been along with others. It says in their TOS a direct insult is not allowed. There should have been more than 1 banned. I just thought it needed to be more fair.
Chill out Brother! I forgive you.. LOL! You are alright in my book!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #30
royalkreationz
Thanks

just stop breeding those young males. j/k good luck with that pin. he is one of the best i have seen.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!