Greg Wark vs. FedEx -- Looking for Opinions - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #21
Cat_72
Gleaning what bits of info that you can from that receipt, the only Fedex location that would match up would be:

FedEx staffed
FedEx Express Ship Center
1017 A Macarthur Rd
Reading, PA 19605

The zip is the same, and the portion of the address that is readable matches (the "rd" with a name ending in "d", and the "A" portion of the address).

Old 08-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #22
jamey
If I had received those email responses regarding your problem,I would have to conclude I had definitely been taken.Hope you can get some type of resolution,but you are absolutely being lied to about said animal being shipped.
Jamey

Old 08-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #23
Cat_72
Grrr, the attachment didn't work...

FedEx staffed
FedEx Express Ship Center
1017 A Macarthur Rd
Reading, PA 19605

Old 08-23-2008, 10:07 AM   #24
Nirvana
Hey all,

Yes, I agree with y'all that I got had. Thanks at least for the reassurance that I'm not utterly paranoid.

Randy, thanks for that advice; it's a long shot but I may as well try it. Worth a shot anyway. Unfortunately I've got no recourse in the way of credit cards or PayPal as I paid by money order. Even at the time I had a bad feeling about doing that -- even though I couldn't smell a scam at that point because he had been willing to meet me in person, so I knew that the snake at least existed. I just figured some people don't have PayPal, so that was why he wanted a money order. And you know, I think that maybe had we been able to work something out for shipping beforehand, this might not have happened -- I'm just wondering if he may have sold the snake to someone else in the meantime, in the approximately two months between my buying it and him "shipping" it.

I informed him of the thread last night, and I got these two messages:

Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:00:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Send an Instant Message "Greg Wark" <warksreptiles@yahoo.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: Re: Tracking number
To: "Kitt Hollister" <serpent_nirvana@yahoo.com>
I would like you to take down the thread. I would like confirmation by tomorrow 10am.

Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:08:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Send an Instant Message "Greg Wark" <warksreptiles@yahoo.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: Re: Tracking number
To: "Kitt Hollister" <serpent_nirvana@yahoo.com>
I am mildly upset you posted my name and email address on a public site, that is the reason i ask you to remove the thread. If you remove all names, email addresses and phone numbers, feel free to repost your thread free of those items.

To which I replied:

There is no removing of threads from the Board of Inquiry. I could not remove the thread even if I wanted to.

You think you're upset -- I lost $400 without a thing to show for it, and no possibility of recourse.

If you truly did nothing wrong, then that thread should pose no threat to you. You can prove that you shipped the snake as agreed, that FedEx lost the box, and that you are, overall, a good guy. Then, when people search for your name on that site -- which they WILL do, if you want to sell in herpetoculture; there was already an inquiry about you up there, with no replies -- that's what they'll see.

Or, you could try and help me out, and I could post on there that you were helpful and coorperative in resolving this matter -- which believe me I would be more than happy to do. Then, again, when people search for your name they will see that you are a good guy, that you help solve problems if they ever arise, and that you are a safe and trustworthy guy to deal with.

But otherwise, that thread will just stay there as it is. I can't remove it even if I wanted to, and neither could anyone else on that website.

Besides, why would I want to remove it? What additional thing have I got to lose?

end of email

... I don't think this guy is a full-time scammer -- he doesn't swear enough for that -- so I'm curious what he does at this point.

Greg, if you're reading this, you're more than welcome to make an account and attempt to defend yourself ... Or you can just give me what's owed to me, and then I will inform the reptile community that you fulfilled your end of the deal.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:09 AM   #25
Cat_72
AND.....the same location offers "self-service", and it appears to be by the airport...

Self-service
Arpt Ind Prk/bldg 1 - Outside
1017a Mcarthur Rd
Reading, PA 19605

I would say that's where the package would have been shipped from, IF it had actually been shipped.

I'd start there (besides calling your cc company and Paypal, though Paypal is usually about as helpful as a hemorrhoid).

Old 08-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #26
Cat_72
Yikes....just a bank money order, or was it a USPS money order?

Old 08-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #27
Nirvana
Hi Cat,

Yeah, I think you're right -- maybe I'll call FedEx and see what they have to say about what may have been shipped out of that location on that day. Whatever it was, it didn't go to my house that's for sure ...

Old 08-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #28
Nirvana
USPS Money order. I still have my half of the receipt. I also of course have his address where I shipped it to ...

Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 AM   #29
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana
USPS Money order. I still have my half of the receipt. I also of course have his address where I shipped it to ...
That's a GOOD thing! I have no experience with this, so hopefully someone more versed can fill you in better, but I believe you at least have some recourse thru the USPS if it was cashed fraudulently (unlike bank money orders).

I'd be calling your post office asap and see what they can do for you!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #30
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana
Start here:

http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/fo...Complaint.aspx

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!