Kcannl85@aol.com WARNING! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2003, 06:23 PM   #41
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
What makes you all so sure the snakes where alive?

Why is everyone sure those snakes where alive when they left the kids house? I'm sure it does'nt matter much except that like everyone else I hate to think of the nightmarish trip they would have had if they were alive. But I don't think they were alive. I'm not any good at this qouting thing every one else does (I can never find my referances again!) But my impression as I read the chat transcripts was that the snakes were dead or near dead when shipped. First, the kid was not worried about the shipping method used for the snakes (Two day delivery?). Second, when Cathy told him the snakes were dead he was not at all surprised, and didn't really care at all. Okay, I've never shipped a snake, but IF I did and it somehow got lost my very first concern would be ARE THE SNAKES ALIVE!?! Not "are they dead" quickly followed by a request for a tracking number. Last....when appoligizing the kid says he will send two more normals "Alive ones this time" (Not a direct quote his grammar sucked MUCH worse than that!)

Just my .02 cents. I think those snakes died on him and he was looking for a way to turn his worthless dead snakes into computer program (Or heat fan?)

On a final note......I used "kid" everytime I would have liked to use an insult. I'm very proud of myself. Think I'll go have a cup of milk and a slice of white bread! NAHHHHH.....it's Friday night, I'm going for the whiskey and getting off the BOI before I earn myself some warning points!!

Old 02-16-2003, 09:52 PM   #42
John Albrecht
Wow! Excellent observations. I have to agree with you that the way this #(*@ responded seems to lend support to the theory that those animals were already dead.

Old 02-17-2003, 05:49 PM   #43
Janie Manaski
I think. . .

Someone should still call and notify his parents about this. Just because he says he is sorry or he is "done" does not excuse his behavior or guarantee he will not try to strike again. It is not as if this "kid" is 10 or 12. He is 17, and at that age you KNOW he knows right from wrong. Not only did he try and scam someone, he killed two innocent creatures. A message needs to be sent in his direction that you can not get away with this kind of thing with just an "oh, I'm sorry you caught me, I'll stop trying to steal things from innocent people."

It is a risk to do business with minors over the internet or anywhere since a contract with them can not be binding. I think for the sake of the honest minors out there in this business (sellers and buyers), every effort should be made to stop the dishonest ones, like this guy, from making it even tougher for the honest "kids" to buy sell and trade herps.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #44
garweft
5 years later and up to the same old tricks..

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=125622

Old 01-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #45
David Reid
I think this thread shows that the new issues are not just honest mistakes, but a trend, and continued fraud.

Dave

Old 01-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #46
Beardie
What makes everyone think this guy Casey is a kid?
Even if he was then he isn't now and he is still doing the same thing.
This man/women is local to me here is Michigan.
I think police should be called and formal charges made. Casey is an obvious reoffender and Amy??????

The police can sort it all out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!