Parasites and Nervous System Disorders Barcreptiles.com VERY UNHAPPY - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #21
Kairo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Yes, and Very, very sad for some sellers around here too!

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=435
Just a reminder. ^^^^ It's not cool to hijack a thread.

Back to Ray. He has been to two shows recently in Florida. Oh he vends! How this man scams is beyond what i can imagine. Selling all these animals, going under name after name for the company. Hmm. The sale of reptiles are simply not watched well enough, so people like him will (in time) ruin internet sales and close shows. There are many bad sellers out there!

I mean we are a small population (snake people). Damn ownership laws are attacking many states now. As are bans. I can see shows shutting down in the future as snakes and sellers/owners get an even worse reputation.

It's not too far fetched. People who do this crap need to be reported, and that too is a problem for the good people out there as well. Too much shady crap goes on selling snakes, because it's the easiest animal to sell imo.

(Hots aside from this)

Old 09-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #22
Kairo
One more thing. He shipped UPS to me. UPS does NOT ship snakes! It's a federal law! That is why many do not put live harmless snake on the box! They use fragile, handle with care, and priority overnight!

Fed ex does ship many animals...ONLY by law the books say business to business only! No one asks, no one knows. I can see this stopping as well. Unless we aork with companies and each other to better the snake business.

Hope that did not open a can of worms *bang*

Old 09-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #23
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairo
One more thing. He shipped UPS to me. UPS does NOT ship snakes! It's a federal law! That is why many do not put live harmless snake on the box! They use fragile, handle with care, and priority overnight!

Fed ex does ship many animals...ONLY by law the books say business to business only! No one asks, no one knows. I can see this stopping as well. Unless we aork with companies and each other to better the snake business.

Hope that did not open a can of worms *bang*
Excuse me for stepping in here...but it is not against "Federal Law" for UPS to ship snakes. It's simply against their own corporate policy. And there are some businesses that have a pre-existing relationship with UPS that ARE allowed to ship snakes.

FedEx chooses to allow the shipment of snakes from those who go through their certification process. There's no "Law" involved in any of it...it's all the policy of choice for each shipping business.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:40 PM   #24
Wilomn
kairo is not one to be taken seriously.

Nor are any of her personalities.

Occasionally she does have the truth or the correct view of things, but often she is so far out in left field that the parking lot attendants are the only ones who can see her.

Several grains of salt at a minimum with anything she says.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #25
Kairo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
kairo is not one to be taken seriously.

Nor are any of her personalities.

Occasionally she does have the truth or the correct view of things, but often she is so far out in left field that the parking lot attendants are the only ones who can see her.

Several grains of salt at a minimum with anything she says.
Stop, you make me feel like a celebrity, and you are the NationalEnquirer.

Ok than, that's odd because my friend worked for both Fedex and went to UPS and was reading the in the books about shipping. And also could not ship a reptile via Fedex unless it was business to business.

That is what i know. That is what i was told when i called corporate as well.

So take it with a grain of salt. It's your call. You get a driver scared to death of snakes, you have a problem!

It's a federal law with UPS! Not their own "rule".

Old 09-23-2007, 10:48 PM   #26
Wilomn
Quote:

Ok than, that's odd because my friend worked for both Fedex and went to UPS and was reading the in the books about shipping. And also could not ship a reptile via Fedex unless it was business to business.

So take it with a grain of salt. It's your call. You get a driver scared to death of snakes, you have a problem!

Hey Jay, I bet she's a velcro girl too.

Not bright enough to figure out how to tie her own shoes for those who were wondering.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:52 PM   #27
Kairo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC
Excuse me for stepping in here...but it is not against "Federal Law" for UPS to ship snakes. It's simply against their own corporate policy. And there are some businesses that have a pre-existing relationship with UPS that ARE allowed to ship snakes.

FedEx chooses to allow the shipment of snakes from those who go through their certification process. There's no "Law" involved in any of it...it's all the policy of choice for each shipping business.
And Judy you must be saying actually lies need to be told to get through this 'process'. Or more like jumping through hoops perhaps. Around here shipping is tight, real tight. Our two offices at Fedex wont ship reptiles. UPS just yelled.

If i am wrong i am wrong. But this is what i learned from my friend, and on the phone with corporate. That's all i can say.

Ray said he could not put reptile on the box. That was what made me thnk way back about it. Then come to think of it i never seen live on any of the boxes. So perhaps my neck of the woods does not (they have the right) ship reptiles.

A guess at this point on Florida, this state bites anyway!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:56 PM   #28
Kairo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Hey Jay, I bet she's a velcro girl too.

Not bright enough to figure out how to tie her own shoes for those who were wondering.
Oh my GOD! Okay. If you all want to make a woman feel popular you do a fine job! Now that makes for a laugh, really! Knowing i could stir so much crap with many of you who keep chiming in about me.

Can you say attention ___?

I had enough of my celebrity status tonite. have fun, keep typing.

Just don't start following me around, and it's all good!

Now, i'm taking a hot bath, and yes, my bullheadedness and humour keep me going!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:59 PM   #29
Wilomn
It's a dang shame there's no nut-job suspension option.

The ignore feature is an excellent option for those who can use it. I'd recommend it in the case of kairo. If you do, you won't miss a darn thing that walking your dog blindfolded wouldn't provide you with.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #30
BryonsBoas
Quote:

That would be USPS , otherwise known as the United States Postal Service. USPS is run by the Fedral Government , UPS is a corperation.
USPS falls under Federal Laws for reptile Shipping , UPS uses company policy.

Now be a dear , take your prozac and for the love of all that is right in the galaxy , PLEASE stop posting misinformation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!