Pinkie-how often - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
Agentspades
Pinkie-how often

Last night I fed pinkies for the first time to my beardeds. They absolutelly loved them!!! How often can I give these to them.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
Valley Dragons
I would only feed an occasional pinky to a breeding female - like once every 2-3 weeks max. Juvies can have a hard time digesting them, and males and non-breeding females do not need that much protein and fat.

Jamie

Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
Tang
Bearded dragons don't handle pinkies ass well as some other lizards and feedding too many can cause fatty liver among other problems. I would be hesitant to feed them one every two or three weeks. Sometimes I'll give my dragons pinkies but only once every blue moon.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #4
starwarsdad
I have never fed my beardies pinkies. They are 5 years old and are the largest dragons I have seen in person at over 21" each. Seems like I read that there are links to feeding high protein diets to adult beardies and liver disease.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #5
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Geez, it is such a debatable subject. Some breeders will use pinkies to help supplement gravid or underweight dragons. However, there are so many other feeders that are not as high in fat that are better than pinkies.
As Jamie suggested, I would not exceed 1 more than every 3 weeks, or even once a month. I hope this helps.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!