Moment of clairity?? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 09-26-2004, 09:55 PM   #11
Lucille
You do her proud;
I hope I pass the same sort of legacy to my children.

Old 09-27-2004, 03:02 AM   #12
bcfos
Ok respect and not think of women as toys. Hell I can put that into a plan and see how it works.

Old 09-27-2004, 05:06 AM   #13
Lucille
It will not work, if done that way. It's like 'I can try the low carb diet and see if I lose weight'.
Respecting people, all people, except ones who do grievous harm to you or others, is a way of life and a world view. It is not something like playing bridge that can be attempted and discarded.
It is a good thing you are making the effort. Mostly this board is very lighthearted; but occasionally serious matters are broached. This is one of them.

Old 09-27-2004, 11:37 PM   #14
Laura
It seems to me (just from reading your posts) that your past girlfriends weren't exactly what I'll call "top quality" character-wise. What I was trying to say is find yourself GOOD woman, and treat her with respect. If she is a good woman, she will do the same to you once she sees she has something good. IMO, ditch the strippers and such, they are not and probably never really will be worth your time. There's roughly 3 billion ladies on the planet, Again, just my 0.02

Old 04-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #15
kiote9
Dragging up an old thread, but I find Brian fascinating.

Perhaps you might try not to have romantic relationships. They don't work for everyone, not that anything does.

Just have female friends that you can have a physical relationship with. Tell them upfront that they can't change you, can't own you, tell them what your limitations and expectations are. If you tell people exactly what you want and a little of what you are they can either rise to the challenge or run like hell. It leaves the choice up to them. Alleviates the guilt of not having it "work" and having to end the relationship. No real responsibility, but you can't let them get too close either. If you associate with people who have similar wants and needs you eliminate alot of hassle.

I don't know if you have that masculine "knight in shining armor" thing going. I have noticed that some men are compelled to save a damsel in distress, only to find that once she has been saved she becomes a she-bitch from hell. Damsels needs to be in a situation that requires rescue and knights always need to rescue someone. There can be no satisfaction if this path is chosen. Don't be the knight, be the king. If you aren't up to being the king chose the ace of diamonds.

Old 04-10-2005, 01:09 PM   #16
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiote9
Dragging up an old thread, but I find Brian fascinating.
You may want to check out some of Brian's more recent posts, then. "Round about February he showed his true colors, including threatening to hack Fauna's server and delete posts.

Old 04-10-2005, 01:36 PM   #17
Lucille
Not to mention ripping the reputations of others, and comporting himself in a totally unprofessional manner when he disagreed with the choices made by others. If you were ever to meet such a person, it would be a meeting of two powerful personalities; I myself would not want to deal with someone who has done what he has done, here.

Old 04-10-2005, 02:36 PM   #18
kiote9
I'm not looking for a personal relationship with the man. I just find him very interesting. I also find Wilomn to be fascinating. Also...what was his name.....damn, have to find it. Loved his posts, though it's been a while. Keith Northrop! Loved reading what he wrote.

I like to talk to people like that...for a while. Then they seem to disappear into oblivion. Interesting people.

Interesting doesn't mean anything more than......interesting.

Old 04-12-2005, 06:16 AM   #19
Lucille
Interesting is a good start.
I think that to some extent, everyone has something notable about them, and definitely one can learn from each person one meets.

That being said, there are those who for whatever reason, stand out; who are thoughtful and different. I believe that it is most worthwhile to achieve a personal relationship with those kinds of people as far as a continuing friendship.
There are those with behaviors that are so damaging and unacceptable that one who might be one of those interesting people must perforce be left behind, but in general, knowing one of these people is a privilege.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:56 AM   #20
kiote9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
That being said, there are those who for whatever reason, stand out; who are thoughtful and different. I believe that it is most worthwhile to achieve a personal relationship with those kinds of people as far as a continuing friendship.

This is how I see you, Lucille.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!