Ryobi 40v lawn tools - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:17 PM   #1
JColt
Ryobi 40v lawn tools

Impressed with the Ryobi 40v lawn tools. I have some where around 1/3 an acre. 40 feet of side walk and 48 feet of driveway.

Mowed front and back yard and only used 1 energy dot out of 4 on battery. Lowered cutting deck and did back yard one more time. Put battery in blower and blew off sidewalks, driveway and back porch and took it down to 1 energy dot.

With lower amp battery I weed whacked and edged sidewalks and driveway and only used 1 energy dot.

All 3 tools quiet. Mower sounds like fan on high. Blower like a hair dryer and weed whacker like a winding motor. You could mow at 5 am and not disturb neighbor.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:31 PM   #2
WebSlave
Yeah man. Gasoline powered lawn tools are such a pain in the butt. Never was very keen about storing gasoline in any of the buildings.

Good to see that battery technology is getting better and better all of the time. Used to be I would get a battery powered ANYTHING, and the battery would only be good for one season and then it was kaput. Then come to find out that a replacement battery costs as much or more than the tool itself. So I swore off of battery powered tools until very recently. I kind of like DeWalt tools myself, but have bought Ryobi tools in the past with no complaints.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:40 PM   #3
nickolasanastasiou
I have used (and still use) some of the 18V Ryobi ONE tools for light work. I am strongly considering a few additions from the 40V series for some jobs.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #4
JColt
This is really cool. Battery/Hydrogen powered semi. They use hydrogen to charge batteries and est to go 800 to 1200 miles depending on load and terrain.

https://nikolamotor.com/

Old 04-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #5
mechnut450
cool I was looking for a little mower for small spots where the zero turn won't fit and take forever with trimmer plus i need a new leaf blower ( i keep breaking them) but my only concern would be charging the batteries and having enough power for 10 yards a week. ) mainly for blower lol Or have someone teach me how to rebuild carb seals and set upa proper leaf blower repair ( pull start) string replacement.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:45 AM   #6
JColt
That lawnmower is 20". Ryobi does sell a 24v 16" but I've never used. You could get about 2 yards at 1/3 acre or less per charge unless they are over grown with 20" with 5 AH battery. With 2 batteries you could probably trim all day if your talking 15 to 20 min per yard. The blower with 5 ah battery you'll get 15 min on turbo, about 20 on med and almost 30 on low. The batteries are most expensive part but they have 3 yr warranty.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #7
CliffsideExotics
What's the bag capacity on the mower? The poorly designed new "CA regulation" gas cans make it 99999999999% more difficult to fill a tiny tank and not many electric mowers have a good sized clipping bag

Old 04-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #8
JColt
I know what ya mean on those cans! It is either 2.1 cf or 2.4 cf. About 17 to 17.5 gallon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!