Where to draw the line?Where do i stand? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
rockyballboa
Where to draw the line?Where do i stand?

I have been making a international order with a breeder in the states for some 07 snakes & possible some upcoming babies.I have already sent $1500 to pay for cites and the 07 snakes.
At first contacting this person was very easy & I received resposnes to my emails and pm's right away.
Shortly after i send money I get very slow responses.Weeks in between and the last time i spoke to this breeder was the start on Jan via a phone call & at that time i was advised by this breeder that he would respond to all my emails and pm's.Will after 3 phone calls where i have left my cell & house numbers,several pm's & emails and i havnt had any responses yet.
At this point on i am getting concerned for the $1500 i already sent.
My question is do i have the right to request all my money back even if by chance this breeder actually paid for cites?What if this person has it on his website all deposits are non refundable?
I just want to get your advise on what i should do next?Where does a buyer like me stand in these situations?
I will give it somemore time before i make a full boi thread.I really dont want to ruin someones rep if things can be settled before then.
Thanks
Todd Pedde

Old 03-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
kmurphy
You haven't heard from the seller since the beginning of Jan?
Two and half months is too long to wait for some word.

If it were me I would first send pm's around to find out who knows this guy personally. Maybe they can reach him for you to see what's going on.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
rockyballboa
Thanks for the reply.
It as been along time but I have some respect for this person & frequent a forum that he sponsors so i dont want to turn the heat on just yet.
I have called a few people today who know him and should hear what is going on by Friday.Hopefully.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
The BoidSmith
Todd,

What do his TOS state as far as down payments and cancellation policies?

Regards

Old 03-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #5
rockyballboa
It doesnt say much.It just say's "all deposits are non refundable".

Old 03-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyballboa
It doesnt say much.It just say's "all deposits are non refundable".
Well they clearly state all deposits are non-refundable. Can he fill the order? Is he within the agreed deadline to ship the snakes? Do you know for a fact if he has your animals ready to be shipped or was it a down payment on snakes he was going to produce? The only thing that can break you loose from committing to the purchase is if he is not fulfilling his end of the deal as far as date of delivery and/or animal availability. Otherwise IMO you have entered a binding contract. Keep us posted.

Good luck!

Old 03-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
rockyballboa
Thanks for your reply Boidsmith.
As of right now i have paid in full for three 2007 snakes & cites fee's(not sure if this paperwork has even been started) and in the start i was given a list of all pontential 2008 off spring and had picked a few morphs from the list but from our last conversation the breeder is not expecting the few morphs i had picked from his list.
So as of right now I paid for 3 2007 snakes and cites fee's which was the start to me purchasing a bunch of 2008 snakes which now he isnt producing and I cannot reach the breeder to arrange shipping dates and find out the status of my order & paperwork.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #8
rockyballboa
It also states this in the breeders terms of service...
Quote:
- Assure 100% Customer Satisfaction

-Provide the Best Presale Information Available in Order to Make a Knowledgeable Purchase With Confidence.
Not sure if that makes a difference but i thought I post it aways.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Thanks for your reply Boidsmith.
As of right now i have paid in full for three 2007 snakes & cites fee's(not sure if this paperwork has even been started) and in the start i was given a list of all pontential 2008 off spring and had picked a few morphs from the list but from our last conversation the breeder is not expecting the few morphs i had picked from his list.
So as of right now I paid for 3 2007 snakes and cites fee's which was the start to me purchasing a bunch of 2008 snakes which now he isnt producing and I cannot reach the breeder to arrange shipping dates and find out the status of my order & paperwork.
If you know for a fact (written statement via e-mail) that he is not going to produce those morphs you can ask for your refund. Since you haven't disclosed the name of the breeder I'm not sure how good is his/her reputation. The thing you may want to make sure is that he/she doesn't go out there shopping for some cheap substitutions. Most breeders know where they can find animals at wholesale prices and turn them around for a profit. Your agreement with him was to purchase HIS offspring and not someone else's.

Quote:
- Assure 100% Customer Satisfaction

-Provide the Best Presale Information Available in Order to Make a Knowledgeable Purchase With Confidence.
This is a pretty standard statement and I don't think is enough for a complaint particularly if he finds animals to send your way.

Best regards,

Old 03-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #10
rockyballboa
I have it on a pm that he is not gonna produce those boa's.
I know for sure the 3 boa's I already purchased are boa's that were produced at his facility.
His reputation is very good and is will known.
Anyways I really appreciate your reply's Boidsmith.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!