Baby Enclosures - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
chris allen
That is just one of my racks. That rack holds 18 of those tubs for just newborns. About 7-8" or so and they can jump up high enough, so then they go to one of my bigger tub racks.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
chris allen
The benefit to the short tubs for the newborns is getting more tubs in smaller space and also I can use less electric to heat them by getting the domes just 6" or so from the basking area. I do a similar setup with one of my bigger racks, lowering the dome down into the tub(those tubs are about 12" tall), but its a pain to slide the tubs in and out. I'm all about building something once and making it user friendly. I also have all those domes on dimmers so I can reduce the bulb output to the exact needed temp.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #13
DiamondDen
we do use zip ties, to hold the lights on we also use them to keep the cords in the back all tangle free, thought this is a fairly old pic so there might not have been zip ties on them then.

Clear bins, we use them because then our babies see us allot and this helps to promote babies that are happy to see you and not scared and running away we do as much as possible to make sure they are happy and used to people when they go to there new home and this helps allot, though the draw back is when you have different sized dragons next to each other they can stress out so sometimes you have to put papertowel or something between the bins to avoid that.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
BaltimoreBees
Those look good! Thanks guys! Any difference of silkie hatchling care compared to the normal/leather back? Thanks again everyone for help with my infinite questions

Old 01-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
DiamondDen
lol you already go the info from us, hopefully some other people can give you there input 2.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #16
BaltimoreBees
yup, and thank you much. I just had thought it would be a good question to ask on the forum to save others from asking

Old 01-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
Mreynolds101110
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreBees View Post
yup, and thank you much. I just had thought it would be a good question to ask on the forum to save others from asking
That is a good question! I never thought about whether or not hatchling silkbacks are cared for any differently than a normal dragon.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #19
BaltimoreBees
Awesome link, thanks everybody!! I have some great ideas and have learned an awful lot from having two new baby dragons and got some really good ideas from everybody's posts. Thanks guys! When I get ours set up (hoping the end of the year) I will post pix for everybody to see

Old 03-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
LizardLover7
@chris allen, Do you use full spectrum reptile bulbs? Or are those just regular florescent tubes and you supplement the D3? I've heard different theories so pleeease tell me! :P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!