Gopher Birthday Cake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
~Just Curious~
Gopher Birthday Cake

-and ladybug I suppose. I hear that was added because my mother always refers to me as her bug.

Anyways I was talking about birthdays and it reminded me that I've been meaning to share these "snake cake" photos with Fauna.
Mine was last Sunday, I turned eighteen (getting ooooold right? ) and my mother's coworker was so sweet - she took it upon herself to make me an amazing cake! It was all done from her imagination alone, my mother had only described my gophers to her briefly one time, but I think it came out beautifully! I was absolutely thrilled with it!

and here's the girls that it was based on. Carmen is the albino pacific and Misty is the ghost sonoran. Such quirky things, I love them so~

Tragically their frosting counterparts were both gobbled up without mercy. Cake-Carmen's head popped right off! From the way that they were rattling at me later, I feel that my real pets don't take kindly to this sort of display. They had a bit of a "watch your back" aura that night, I wouldn't be surprised if I find them devouring an effigy of me someday in return...

Old 05-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Lucille
Happy Birthday!!! And what a FABULOUS cake!!!! It is so intricate and the bug on top is so cute!!!

Old 05-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
~Just Curious~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Happy Birthday!!!
No you!!!
Thank you very much though~

I was blown away too. I really didn't want to cut into it when it was time, it was just too nice to eat...

Old 05-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
she did a great job on the cake, especially for just hearing a description of them! nice!
and happy belated Birthday as well!

Old 05-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
~Just Curious~
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
she did a great job on the cake, especially for just hearing a description of them! nice!
and happy belated Birthday as well!
Thank you!
I agree, I was real impressed. She didn't see them for the first time until after the party. She wasn't a snake person though, said she could only stand the icing kind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!