Info Keven Vogenberger, Keven2, questionable stock - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:05 AM   #71
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven2 View Post
I have been taking care of rescues for a long time.

The vet wanted 175.00 just to administer fluids to a rhino iguana
Keven, are you licensed by your town,county or Florida fw to run a reptile rescue? if so for how long?

You are showing your lack of experience for treating the simplest of things like administering fluids, that is something you should know as a herper and a reptile rescue. a vet. spends 6+ years of education and is entitled to charge you for their expertise.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:15 AM   #72
millmoss
"If you can't afford to rescue animals, then don't. "

Kevin,

If you don't hear anything else on this thread, let this sink in.

It's not a rescue for the animals if they go from a bad situation to a situation where it might not be as bad, but it's not going to get significantly better because they have a condition that needs to be treated by a professional.

If you really love reptiles, you're going to have to swallow this pill. It's a big one, and it doesn't go down easy. But if you don't have the finances, or you rely on a business model that does NOT provide you with a constant, steady stream of money to use on the professional care of your rescues, then you have no business taking in any more rescues.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #73
Shiari
You have gotten in over your head. You have too many reptiles. You are relying on a vet tech to do something ILLEGAL (yes, their actions in acting like a vet for you are ILLEGAL) and they don't know much about these creatures either. Your animals are getting sub-par care.

I'm a vet tech. I would never do what your 'friend' is doing. I like my license and my job. I also have 16 snakes right and had 35 at my highest, and that's not counting the babies during breeding season. I've taken in a few rescue reptiles, but mostly rescue mammals.

My major medical rescue was gotten from the vet office I worked at and I continued bringing him there to get treatment because while I'm a vet tech I am NOT a vet and cannot do what a vet can. My snake healed up well, despite smelling like rotting meat when I got him. Because he was a proper rescue and was taken to a vet.

If you cannot care for the animals you have, you need to reduce your numbers and NOT take in more. And you need to take proper care of the ones you have. That means VETERINARY care, not having a vet tech do something illegal.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #75
April Homich
Quote:
Originally Posted by millmoss View Post
Kevin,

If you don't hear anything else on this thread, let this sink in.

It's not a rescue for the animals if they go from a bad situation to a situation where it might not be as bad, but it's not going to get significantly better because they have a condition that needs to be treated by a professional.

If you really love reptiles, you're going to have to swallow this pill. It's a big one, and it doesn't go down easy. But if you don't have the finances, or you rely on a business model that does NOT provide you with a constant, steady stream of money to use on the professional care of your rescues, then you have no business taking in any more rescues.
Yes, this. It isn't rescuing if you don't have the means to get proper treatment for them, either. You may have good intentions, but intentions don't pay the bills. I hope you do take something positive away from this and either limit your rescues to what you can afford, or maybe try to find a local rescue you can maybe volunteer with and see if they would be willing to work with reptiles.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:08 AM   #76
Keven2
Thank you for all the constructive criticism I am going to do my best to cut down on my rescues. Thank you for all the suggestions.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #77
Ed Clark
Quote:
Thank you for all the constructive criticism I am going to do my best to cut down on my rescues. Thank you for all the suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Dragons View Post
Keven, are you licensed by your town,county or Florida fw to run a reptile rescue? if so for how long?
keven, you are avoiding the questions that the members are asking you. don't you care?

Old 04-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #78
Keven2
Yes I care I didn't see the question. No I'm not licensed I don't take donations I just do it out of Reptile sakes which I am licensed for.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #79
Insomniac101
Quote:
Yes I care I didn't see the question. No I'm not licensed I don't take donations I just do it out of Reptile sakes which I am licensed for.
Keven, are you, or are you not, licensed to run a rescue? That last post is confusing.

Frankly, whether or not you're licensed isn't the biggest concern. It really seems that you're not financially able to do this the right way, and animals are suffering for it. I believe your heart is in the right place, but I also believe you're in over your head. Please reduce your animal count, and workload; you will have more success that way. Unfortunately, no one can save them all.

Kathy

Old 04-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #80
millmoss
Allright

Kevin said "Thank you for all the constructive criticism I am going to do my best to cut down on my rescues. Thank you for all the suggestions."

Sincerely, good luck out there. It seems like you've heard the important stuff, which is about all anyone could hope for on a thread like this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!