R.I.P. Lemondrop - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #21
AbsoluteApril
nothing amiss found initially, said all her organs looked good, waiting for the histopathology results

Old 02-16-2015, 05:05 PM   #22
Snakesitter
Thank you. Sorry again for your loss. :-(

Old 02-16-2015, 07:54 PM   #23
Helenthereef
Yes, please do post when you get results - I know it doesn't help your situation but it's good for us all to learn what we can. Hope it's getting easier.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:21 PM   #24
mxracer4life
So sorry for your loss April, I felt the same when my old gal Chloe passed at 22 years old. Hope you have a good day and God bless.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #25
CombatWombat
I'm sorry for your loss April. She was a big, beautiful girl and hopefully she's happy over the rainbow bridge.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #26
AbsoluteApril
Received response from vet today regarding the results - "Dr. Garner reports that he did not find any diagnostic lesions in the tissues submitted. There were some very slight changes in the brain matter that he thinks may have been the result of exposure to a toxin some time in the past."

Tyler and I wondered if I have been getting some bad feeders because I had a healthy BP and ATB die a day after feeding approx. 8 months ago... which is kind of in line with when Lemon stopped feeding. However, other snakes that ate from same batches appear to be fine. I can't think of anything Lemondrop could have come in contact with that would be a toxin and nothing that only SHE would have come in contact with.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:08 PM   #27
Helenthereef
It's strange - but he does say they are only SLIGHT changes that MAY be due to a toxin - it sounds to me as though it could have been entirely natural causes - just a slightly shortened lifestyle due to her earlier poor condition. After all, many humans don't make it to their full three-score and ten for no obvious cause.

We do know that the span she got was in the height of comfort.

“You lived what anybody gets, Bernie. You got a lifetime. No more. No less.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 7: Brief Lives

Old 03-03-2015, 09:26 PM   #28
Snakesitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
We do know that the span she got was in the height of comfort.
^^ This ^^

You did well by her in life, and by posting this and sharing the lab results, better than many keepers do afterward.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!