Green Anacondas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-20-2015, 04:28 AM   #1
keithy
Green Anacondas

Hello,
I have a pair of about 18 month green anacondas. Just wondering what kind of enclosures people are keeping them in and any neat designs out there. I am thinking about sprucing up the cages a bit when they move on to larger cages. I would enjoy pictures as well if you would like to post them.

I would also like to hear about your general experience with them. I get mine out fairly often and are super friendly!

Cheers

Old 01-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
thesarge2014
I kept a pair of green anacondas several years back. I got mine from Kelly Haller and Jud McClanahan who are known for producing vey docile green anacondas. pair were extremely tame ad I never needed to use a hook on them. I would just reach in the cage and pick them up even in full shed Never a hint of a strike. No real feeding response as they would slowly check out a food item before taking it. Though calm and gentle my greens had some serious strength. Much more tan any other large constrictors I have raised. Due to severe injury to both knees I had to reduce my collection and sold the greens.

I kept mine in Vision cages on newspaper with a heat pad and water bowl large enough for drinking purposes as that is how Kelly & Jud keep their greens. Green anacondas in captivity do just fine with out soaking pools. I keep snakes in a clean, simple environment as opposed to a complex one that is either a nightmare to keep clean or a bacteria paradise. Greens are very messy and that really increases as they grow. With their great strength they quickly tear up or move any cage décor. Bill

Old 01-27-2015, 03:02 AM   #3
keithy
Thanks for the reply. I currently have mine set up about exactly as you stated. My water dishes are a bit large, but mostly just so they can be used through out the animals life-span. The dish is for sure to small to soak in, but the sheds come off fine.

They are by far my favorite specimen I own. Wish more people would get into them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!