All That Slitherz Reptiles (ATS Reptiles) Charles Clifford-Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
Junkyard
All That Slitherz Reptiles (ATS Reptiles) Charles Clifford-Inquiry

Has anyone done business with ATS Reptiles? Found an animal I want and no BOI reference.

Thanks

Old 06-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
reptiledealer
Chuck Ats

Chuck, and his wife do a great job. Although I have not bought any animals from them I have seen the quality of his animals many times. He bought a few higher end animals from me this year and he paid ontime and was easy to do buisness with. Over all I give him a thumbs up. Good Luck Chris G

Old 06-09-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
Junkyard
Chris was right on the money with Charles and Amber. Great service and quality animals, they were quick to return e-mails and answer ALL of my questions in detail. You will not do wrong when buying from them. They get a Thumbs up from me!!!

Charles and Amber, Thank you!

Old 06-10-2006, 01:34 AM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Found an animal I want and no BOI reference.
Here is a few for future references.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=52281

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=74153

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=62564

Old 06-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #5
Junkyard
That is good work, I even posted on one of those threads. I searched all over the BOI and came up with nothing. Dennis, what is your secret?

Old 06-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
That is good work, I even posted on one of those threads. I searched all over the BOI and came up with nothing. Dennis, what is your secret?
Well first I remembered that thread we both posted in and knew there was another thread somewhere.

The problem is the search function doesn’t work with three letter words or less (ATS). A huge problem for all those good people that use initials in their business name. So, when you do a search on a company called ABC Reptiles, the only thing the search engine checks for is the word reptiles. Way to many companies with that name in the title to be any use.

When you search for “ All That Slithers”, “All” is to short to search for, “That” is to common, “Slithers” is all that is left. But the persons in the other threads typed it as “Allthatslithers” one word. That is what you have to search for.

Also if searching for a company such as A and B Reptiles. You would need to search many different ways

Abreptiles
AandB reptiles
AandBreptiles
A&Breptiles
Then there is always someone who does something like ~abreptiles~ in the title or a.b.reptiles… which throws everything off.
Then you have to search by their given name as well. In this thread you have different ways to do that as well.
Charles
Chuck
Clifford
Chuck&Amber
Chuck Amber
Etc, etc, etc
Then you can search the message bodies instead of thread titles using a combination of the persons name and business name. Such as “Chuck slithers ”.

That's all I did.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:36 AM   #7
The BoidSmith
Dennis,

When running a search you may also want to add * after the third letter. For example for CMG you just need to type CMG* and it will search for just those three letters.

Regards

Old 06-11-2006, 01:43 AM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Dennis,

When running a search you may also want to add * after the third letter. For example for CMG you just need to type CMG* and it will search for just those three letters.

Regards
Thanks Dan!
LOL, You mean I've been doing it the hard way the last couple of years?

It's all been worth it to make sure no one gets scammed.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #9
The BoidSmith
Dennis,

Whenever I run a search I just add the * thing to three letter names. In only complements all those you have described, which are still necessary.

regards.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:57 PM   #10
Junkyard
Hmm, I tried every name and title I could think of and I came up empty handed. I guess my computer does not like me. All well, thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!