J D Reptiles (Jim Deaton) Indiana LIES, LIES ALL LIES! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
 
  Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
big daddy's wholesal
J D Reptiles (Jim Deaton) Indiana LIES, LIES ALL LIES!

This guy Jim Deaton calls me concerning trading some Ball Pythons for some retics. He starts by telling me that he does not have the internet but does all his transactions by sending pictures through the mail. This struck me as weird seeing how I was just speaking to two different guys in our industry who this guy had contacted wanting them to send him pictures of pinstripes and bumblebees so he could decide what he wanted to buy. Then he goes on and states that he purchased some snakes from Ian G., Mark Bell, Nerd, Bob Clark, Brian B. and many others. I contacted some of the names and no one knows or has ever heard of this guy except for the send me some pics of your snakes to me in the mail scheme. Next he starts telling me how he produced the snakes he has for trade. His words (A het spider to het spider to produce 5 spiders. A het pinstripe to a pinstripe to produce 3 pinstripes) by this time I know it's a scam. Once I was on to him I started questioning him and he got nervous and even more stupid. A couple of the people he has requested pics through the mail has given me the address that he gave them to send the pics to him, which by the way is different from the address he wanted me to ship too. The guy even tried telling me three different names that he is calling himself. Here is all the info he has given to me and a couple of other people.
Jim Deaton AKA Jay Deaton AKA Jay Beeton
J. D. Reptiles J.D. Reptiles
6142 ST. Joe Center road 6505 reed road
Fort Wayne Indiana 46835 Fort Wayne Indiana 46835

He has told other people who he has requested pics from that he is looking to purchase some high-end ball pythons because he is planning on opening a pet store in the area and wants to sell them out of his store. After confronting him with all this information he went nutts and has said that he already shipped me the balls and wanted me to paypal him money or send out some snakes or he threated to put me on fauna. He even gave me a tracking number for the supposed snakes that he sent through the US post office. I went to my local post office and they did some checking and the package is guaranteed to arrive Saturday (3 days). He went on to state that he went on and sent me the following snakes.
5 spiders
3 pinstripes
2 lemonblasts
2 bumblebees
1 pied male 750 grams
We didn't even discuss all of these snakes in our conversation. But the price for all of the above will floor you. $2000.00 total
Now that's what he demands I send him tonight or else. I told him that when the package arrives that if the snakes listed above are indeed in the shipment and they are alive and healthy that I will send him $2000.00 out immediately.

I think we all know what the real deal is here but I just wanted to through this clowns name out theres no chance of him scamming anyone. Not that I think he is smart enough to pull it off anyway. (HET SPIDERS AND PINS)
I will let you know what if anything I receive in the mail as well. I hope this helps someone and keeps this guy from ripping anyone a new one!

Also for someone just getting started, It is against the law to ship snakes with The United States Postal Service!!!

Allen Belcher 706-615-4772
 
Old 08-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
critical bill
Is the post office trying to stop this package en-route to you? I'm sure if he mailed you anything its more then likely a brick in a box. But did the postmaster tell you anything more about the shipment or how they might be handling it? Because if he really did ship you those snakes.....then they are more than likely headed for death.

Lets cross our fingers and pray that he just thought you het for imbecile.
 
Old 08-08-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
blueapplepaste
Definately sounds like a scam. If he indeed did actually send snakes via the USPS I would report him immediately as that's illegal.
 
Old 08-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste
Definately sounds like a scam. If he indeed did actually send snakes via the USPS I would report him immediately as that's illegal.
If you read the post entirely you'd have read that he did report it. He tracked the package through his local post office. The tracking number has been confirmed en-route to him. 3 day mail with a delivery date for Saturday.

The problem at present isn't if its a scam as much as what the post office is presently doing to stop this package. If this isn't a scam those snakes are heading to the big guy in the sky.

Jesus Christ are we more concerned about a scam warning then we are with the real possibility this guy is freaking nutty and actually did ship live snakes by priority mail?
 
Old 08-09-2007, 12:07 AM   #5
blueapplepaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
If you read the post entirely you'd have read that he did report it. He tracked the package through his local post office. The tracking number has been confirmed en-route to him. 3 day mail with a delivery date for Saturday.

The problem at present isn't if its a scam as much as what the post office is presently doing to stop this package. If this isn't a scam those snakes are heading to the big guy in the sky.

Jesus Christ are we more concerned about a scam warning then we are with the real possibility this guy is freaking nutty and actually did ship live snakes by priority mail?
I did read the post, but it seemed that the OP didn't alert the post office or try to stop the shipment. He said if they got there and were healthy he'd send payment - which sounds like nothing was done to stop the shipment.

And I agree that the safety of the snakes should be first; point here is that there may not even be any snakes.
 
Old 08-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #6
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy's wholesal
Also for someone just getting started, It is against the law to ship snakes with The United States Postal Service!!!
Allen Belcher 706-615-4772
Just for the record - if you accept the shipment, you are just as guilty. (congratulations, you have just received illegally shipped merchandise through a Federal agency...sign here, please. Now, let's just check this box to make sure that everything is in order...hmmm, I don't see any indication of the contents - that would be a violation of the Lacey Act.)
Unfortunately, I don't believe there is an avenue that lets you inspect the package, even "for the safety of the animals". So, do you report the package while it is en route, allowing the post office to intervene - possibly to the detriment of the snakes; refuse the shipment and have them sent back - and hope against the odds that they survive the trip; accept the package, and the possibility that it is either a scam or filled with dead snakes; or some combination of the above? (actually, there is a thread on this very topic in the General Business forum)
 
Old 08-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #7
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste
I did read the post, but it seemed that the OP didn't alert the post office or try to stop the shipment. He said if they got there and were healthy he'd send payment - which sounds like nothing was done to stop the shipment.
Perhaps its something in the blue apple paste you're sniffing.....

Allen did do something by going to the post office and alerting them to the illegal shipment. He clearly states that he went to the post office to track the package and was informed it would be delivered on Saturday. You're not really suggesting that Allen is at fault to not go out chasing after every postal mail truck or airplane between point of destination and origin are you?
 
Old 08-09-2007, 12:50 AM   #8
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Just for the record - if you accept the shipment, you are just as guilty. (congratulations, you have just received illegally shipped merchandise through a Federal agency...sign here, please. Now, let's just check this box to make sure that everything is in order...hmmm, I don't see any indication of the contents - that would be a violation of the Lacey Act.)
Unfortunately, I don't believe there is an avenue that lets you inspect the package, even "for the safety of the animals". So, do you report the package while it is en route, allowing the post office to intervene - possibly to the detriment of the snakes; refuse the shipment and have them sent back - and hope against the odds that they survive the trip; accept the package, and the possibility that it is either a scam or filled with dead snakes; or some combination of the above? (actually, there is a thread on this very topic in the General Business forum)
I love this guy Harald! We should have been siamese twins. Maybe not and just next door neighbors.
 
Old 08-09-2007, 03:24 AM   #9
leviV
Hey can anyone tell me the best and safe way to ship snakes, my albino red tail had a clutch and I was looking to sell about nine of them, I don't want to post them until I know they will make the journey safe. I've heard alot of breeders talking about Delta Dash, any help would be appreciated. Also I'm located in California right now, any suggestions on how to keep a fair temperature so the heat doesn't cook the animal? Thanks for the help.
 
Old 08-09-2007, 04:12 AM   #10
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviV
Hey can anyone tell me the best and safe way to ship snakes, my albino red tail had a clutch and I was looking to sell about nine of them, I don't want to post them until I know they will make the journey safe. I've heard alot of breeders talking about Delta Dash, any help would be appreciated. Also I'm located in California right now, any suggestions on how to keep a fair temperature so the heat doesn't cook the animal? Thanks for the help.
Hi Levi, check out the shipping sub-forum in the reptile & amphibian buisness forum. It has many good threads that I'm sure will help you out.
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biggest Lies INSANE CANES Just For Laughs 1 04-26-2006 03:22 AM
Dan Felice...EXTORTION..LIES ...HARRASSMENT and BIG THANK YOU TO THE PA. POLICE !!!! Justin Mitcham Board of Inquiry® 241 02-01-2006 08:45 PM
School board memos, lies, and a missing gator Clay Davenport Herps In The News 0 04-19-2003 02:01 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 PM.







TESTING!
Fauna Top Sites


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.05147910 seconds with 10 queries
Content copyrighted ©2002-2018, FaunaClassifieds, LLC