House Exploded - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
JColt
House Exploded

This house is a couple streets over from me. Walking distance. Happened around 9pm. Luckily empty and only one minor injury. House is completely gone. That heating and cooling van belongs to neighbor.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
GMTIRRILL
Meth lab???? wow must of scared the heck out of you

Old 12-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
WebSlave
You know, I've often watched movies where the bad guys create explosives that are triggered by a cell phone call. I've often wondered if people actually do this in real life and get their plans (and lives) cut short simply by someone, somewhere, dialing a wrong number.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Lucille
That is scary, a cell phone call?
Glad you are OK Joe.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
JColt
Aerial View. I highly doubt methlab but a gas leak or someone was stealing pipes. It was recently unoccupied rental.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #6
LauraB
Dayuumm! Scary stuff, for sure! I'm so glad the house was unoccupied and no one suffered more than minor injuries.

Same thing happened in my neighborhood last summer, but the house was occupied. The dad was apparently working in the garage/driveway just outside the open garage with some kind of soldering/welding tool and sparked an unnoticed gas leak. Luckily, no one was severely injured, but what remains of the house is still cordoned off and uninhabitable. It's made me so freakin' paranoid!

Old 12-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #7
Magic
Who the heck do you call to clean up a crap pile like that??

Is that all on the landlords of that empty (used to be) house?

Crap that would not be fun.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
JColt
I imagine insurance will cover clean up. I heard neihbors had gas company out earlier that day because they smelled gas on and off but nothing registered when they were out. One house may have to be torn down because it off foundation.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #9
Helenthereef
Wow, amazing photos. Do let us know when/if they find the cause.

It's amazing what can cause stuff like this. I know of a ship that was internally destroyed because they had been spray painting the cabins - one painter lit a cigarette before he was fully above deck, and the accumulated paint fumes went off like a bomb.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #10
JColt
Gas company was called out the day that the explosion happened after calls came in about gas smell but couldn't locate a leak. That night it happened. Of course gas company being very quiet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!