Bad Guy BEWARE.. Ballboutique (Rick Denmon) FALSE ADVERTISING!! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #71
RJK890
Quote:
Quote JasBalls:
The point is He said they are kink free. He was wrong one of them is kinked.
You are correct John. At least one of them is kinked as we can tell from the pics. Rick could say that the three Caramels he is still selling are "kink free," but not that they are from a "kink free line." Especially when they are the offspring of two different lines.
He was wrong and has corrected his ad.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #72
jayefbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890 View Post
You are correct John. At least one of them is kinked as we can tell from the pics. Rick could say that the three Caramels he is still selling are "kink free," but not that they are from a "kink free line." Especially when they are the offspring of two different lines.
He was wrong and has corrected his ad.
Yeah, he's corrected the ad, but putting it up in the first place is the problem. There's only two explanations for the original ad:
1) He was purposely being deceptive and leading people to believe that the caramels were from a kink free line. He may have even been trying to sell the kinked animal.
2) He's so negligent in his care of his animals he didn't even realize that the animal had a kink until it was brought to his attention here in the BOI.

I personally don't buy theory number 2, even with his whole cataract surgery excuse. That animal SCREAMS kink! It's impossible for someone not to notice that with just the minimal amount of attention and care. I mean, he was able to take a picture of the animal, somewhat in focus, right? That means his eyesight was good enough to notice the GLARING birth defect.

So, that means that he must have placed the ad knowing that there WAS a kinked animal produced in the clutch, but still states that the clutch was kink-free.

That's incredibly dishonest.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #73
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890 View Post
I guess you are amazed that I think it may have been an honest mistake. That is my opinion, and you are welcome to disagree.

Sorry I didn't just show up with a noose in one hand and a rock in the other, Maybe next time.

I am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt -- deceptive selling is not something new for rick.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #74
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallBoutique View Post
Sad it took so long for Jas to catch it! Eleven days to see that.
I will tell you what is sad. That they were in your care for "eleven days" and you never seen the kink in all that time. Pretty sad and pretty telling.

Because if you did notice it in that 11 days, one would think an honest caring man like yourself would have immediately came and changed that ad.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #75
Suncoast Herpetological
I'm curious. As a non-Ball Python person, why the animosity towards Rick? I remember he bought some animals from Joe Capone (not good...I agree) but has anyone actually had a problem with his animals?

This is not support, just genuine curiosity

Old 10-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #76
BallBoutique
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
I will tell you what is sad. That they were in your care for "eleven days" and you never seen the kink in all that time. Pretty sad and pretty telling.

Because if you did notice it in that 11 days, one would think an honest caring man like yourself would have immediately came and changed that ad.
did ya read my post? nahhhhhhh

Old 10-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #77
jglass38
Quote:
did ya read my post? nahhhhhhh
I'm sure he read it. I don't want to speak for him, but I'm guessing he didn't believe you. I know I didn't.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:45 PM   #78
jayefbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
I'm sure he read it. I don't want to speak for him, but I'm guessing he didn't believe you. I know I didn't.
I know I didn't either. I could see you missing a slight kink. But that one, that was not a slight kink.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #79
BallBoutique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
I'm curious. As a non-Ball Python person, why the animosity towards Rick? I remember he bought some animals from Joe Capone (not good...I agree) but has anyone actually had a problem with his animals?

This is not support, just genuine curiosity
John
a few folks dislike me Jas, Tosa, plus her friend Gail Thorpe and a few others..... They want to put me out of business.....simple.
The funny thing is I have a great trader rating.....and some folks emailed me about this thread.
I could have come in and reported a guy who sent me two animals......yep the wrong ones. I paid for say pastels and i received pastels....I worked it out with him and moved on. I received an animal in a USED bag.....kept mouth shut. Also received animals without heat bag! Kept mouth shut....I don't need to bash people but folks need to do that.
My eye site is still not 100% but getting there.
I could write a book of facts and when reading it you would think it is fiction!

Oh BTW I am no longer friends with nor wish to be with Joe Capone. I missed judge him all together.
Most folks ignore the boi as far as I my business is concerned.
i know with this post more flames will start.....after all most of their lives are boring.....
To all have a great day!

Old 10-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #80
jasballs
Quote:
John
a few folks dislike me Jas, Tosa, plus her friend Gail Thorpe and a few others..... They want to put me out of business.....simple.
The funny thing is I have a great trader rating.....and some folks emailed me about this thread.
I could have come in and reported a guy who sent me two animals......yep the wrong ones. I paid for say pastels and i received pastels....I worked it out with him and moved on. I received an animal in a USED bag.....kept mouth shut. Also received animals without heat bag! Kept mouth shut....I don't need to bash people but folks need to do that.
My eye site is still not 100% but getting there.
I could write a book of facts and when reading it you would think it is fiction!

Oh BTW I am no longer friends with nor wish to be with Joe Capone. I missed judge him all together.
Most folks ignore the boi as far as I my business is concerned.
i know with this post more flames will start.....after all most of their lives are boring.....
To all have a great day!
I dont dislike you.. I hate you! But, Like I said before even if Ralph posted the ad I would have started this thread. Right is right and wrong is wrong ..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!