Great Websites! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-13-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
surfrkidts
Great Websites!

You all have great quality websites and i really need some help. I'm sick of the freewebs.com websites i've been using and want to know how you guys are setting up your pages. I was thinking of getting MS Frontpage but it is awefully expensive and i would have to pay alot for a domain name. I am willing to pay but please make it cheap! Thanks a bunch,
Tyler

Old 03-13-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
Bringerofdoom
i use free servers from atspace.com and web1000.com you can also try the free alternative to frontpage. Probably not as good, but its free and its similar to it. It's the webpage editor thats included in the mozilla.org browser. There is a place to get cheap domain names, i forget the name of the site, but it's suposed to be cheaper.

Old 03-13-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
TheHypoGecko
Here is a good site that will teach you everything about making a webpage: http://www.htmlgoodies.com If you learn enough on that site, you don't even need software to make a website, you can just write it all in notepad.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:20 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
I use cool page, www.coolpage.com $28 and its very easy, drag and drop, you can also insert html codes too.

My www was $7.99 from Godaddy.com and my hosting is $23.40 a year from 2mhost.com

Old 03-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
Oh ps if you are buying a new domain you can get it for $3.99 at http://www.domainsarefree.com/ but I didn't find them until way after I bought my www

Old 03-13-2005, 11:36 PM   #6
surfrkidts
thanks for the help guys. any other HTML teaching sites that are more geared towards getting a whole page done instead of one line? I've known the basics (links, pics, etc.) but really want to know how to creat buttons, nav bars, tables, and those neat whitish frames for text. Thehypogecko's site looks like exactly what i am trying to go for. Beautiful! If i can't catch on well enough i might just have to pay you write me the original pages and i'll learn editing. (editing is easier than creating from scratch )

Old 03-14-2005, 01:53 AM   #7
StinaUIUC
My new site (www.illinileosandpetportraits.com) is hosted through www.hostingspot.com for $5.95/month - a 40% educational discount (paid monthly!)...they have a page builder where you choose a basic page design...but then you can change all the colors and use your own images (although some of them have images you can't change... :-P ). All the stuff within the pages can be either done in regular html or through a simple editor thing that puts the html in for you. You can demo the builder from https://cp.hostingspot.net:8443/psof...oft.hsphere.CP ...it tells you how to do the demo. You can also use a domain name from anywhere...you don't have to buy one through them or transfer it to them.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:47 AM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
You can try bravenet.com, dynamicdrive.com, there are a lot of sites with codes for counters and menus. If you need a whole page get a free template and work from it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!