Who uses the bearded dragons pellets/ prepared diets,,,? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-11-2004, 07:30 PM   #1
herpcondo
Who uses the bearded dragons pellets/ prepared diets,,,?

Hi All,,
Just thought i would ask ,,,
Who uses the prepared "pellets" and other dragon diets out there..?
Do you use them as an addition to there diet or as there diet..?
Do you start them out as babies on the pellets or do you let them get some age on them,,,?
I am often asked these very same questions from a lot of people i sell dragons to, and from people who know i breed bearded dragons,,,
As for me,, i use the Repcal Adult and Juvenile pellets as a supplement a few times a week,,, of course the main diet of all of my dragons is the Veggie plate heavy on leafy greens, and lot of dusted crickets, mealworms, and roaches,( the dragons relish the roaches) As for the pellets my dragons have a lukewarm approach to them,, some like them,, but most will only eat them if there "favorite" greens or veggies are gone from the plate,,....
Just thought i would throw this out there and see what every one else has to say,,,

Old 02-12-2004, 10:44 PM   #2
W.Wedeking
We are actually testing some of these pellets for a large company.

We use the pellets in addition to the dragons regular diet.

It seems that some dragons take to them really well, and others totally ignore them.

They have a nice green color to them and they have alot of moisture in them so they are fairly chewy.

There are two sizes that we have, small for juvinile and large for adult. I start them with hatchlings but most don't eat them. They seem to be more attracted to the movement of the crickets.

Old 02-26-2004, 11:58 PM   #3
dandddragons
hi, we have tried the pellets on our older dragons and they don't eat them on purpose but will eat them if they are mixed with the salads. however, with our hatchlings they LOVE them as much as the salads and crickets. we started putting them in with our babies pretty much right away and they all eat them up. they also eat finely chopped salads ( we have an old food chopper that's electric and it grinds the salads up really small for them)and plenty of crickets. our blue and gold macaw also likes the finely chopped salad now, he's so funny!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!