Do reptiles stink? girlfriend being stubborn... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-25-2005, 07:44 PM   #11
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicgrrl
I'm going to have to agree with crotalus as both a herper and a girl . You shouldn't let her try to suade what you want because she doesn't personally like it. Mutual support man, gotta have it!
See, there are some women out there with some sense. HA HA

Old 12-28-2005, 08:41 PM   #12
k0unt_zer0
Well hopefully they start becoming a majority instead of the minority >; )

Old 12-28-2005, 09:43 PM   #13
Art Klass
I make deals with my wife. Every time I want/need a new boa my wife gets a kitten or something. It works for us, however five cats and thirty or so boas later in the bedroom and something had to give. We moved.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:21 AM   #14
k0unt_zer0
ha ha well there ya go, sounds like a fair trade to me >

P.S. are your boas dog/cat tame? If so, how did you do it?

Old 12-29-2005, 02:04 AM   #15
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0unt_zer0
P.S. are your boas dog/cat tame? If so, how did you do it?
well, let's see...he said
Quote:
Every time I want/need a new boa my wife gets a kitten or something.
and then
Quote:
five cats and thirty or so boas later
YOU do the math, lol

Old 12-29-2005, 02:51 AM   #16
Junkyard
My boas do not bother the cats/dog, if it does not smell like a rodent and they are well fed, boas usually do not bother with the other animals(this has been in my case).

Personally, I found a woman who likes reptiles and does not have a problem with mine at all. So I married her. The others who had issues I did not even bother with having a relationship with, too much whining "eww, I will not go in the house if there is a snake!"

Old 12-29-2005, 08:04 AM   #17
Art Klass
I've never had the boas and the cats in close quarters together. What if.... It would surely end my hobby. I have an awesome wife to let me go where I have gone, but I do sometimes get, "how come you're always down there with those snakes?". She lets me do what I want but she doesn't have the bug.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:05 AM   #18
OBES
Well, first off, when my honey first said that he wanted snakes I thought to myself......oh "bleep bleep" no!! But then he convinced me to at least go and look so I did. When we (read me...lol) finally decided to get one, he told me I could pick out something out for myself if I wanted to and I ended up with an albino cal king and a leopard gecko.....he started with something small (a ball python) so I wouldn't be afraid of it since it didn't get as big as a burm. Since then I have in my house 3 ball pythons, 1 redtail boa, 1 albino cal king, 2 bearded dragons, 2 leopard geckos, 1 gargoyle gecko, 2 crested gecko babies, 2 dumeril's boas, 1 Texas Rat, 1 Hogg Island Boa, 1 Pacman Frog, 1 Albino Burmese, 2 Uromastyxs, 1 Savannah Monitor, 1 Dumeril's Monitor, 1 Chinese Water Dragon. This is in addition to 1 Dachshund (which I got after a snake purchase), 4 Finches, and 2 Love Birds (who are sitting on eggs). I have to mention that the house we live in was built in the 1950's by his grandfather and is a small 2 bedroom!!

So to address the "stink" issue......my house doesn't stink and neither does the reptile shop that we opened as a result of our hobby.

Tell your girlfriend that everything will be fine!!

Old 12-29-2005, 01:44 PM   #19
Bahamut
Sean, earlier you asked a question about febreze. back when febreze first came out I was working at a very nice retail pet store. Several of our customers told us about losing fish and birds after exposure to febreze. I don't have a specific experience with reptiles, but I take no chances with my beauties. Told my girlfriend to keep the stuff away from the animals, which by the way don't stink unless my beardie cooks up a good one. Good luck!

Old 12-29-2005, 04:45 PM   #20
DragonCharm
She'd probably rather see snakeskin used for clothing accesories than to be used as clothing for your pet. Get a new girl, one that likes snakes. (and not just trouser snake either, real snakes)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!